TB-16428 Lancer Request (Approved)

I believe I am finally ready to submit this. Please note that I am only 5'3", and that the kit has some wear and tear from trooping that I did my best to clean up. I hope neither of these are an issue. I look forward to your response, and to making my costume the best it can be! :)

Name: Micah Zediker

TKID: TB-16428

Garrison: Mountain Garrison

Build Thread + Upgrade Thread:

Parts

• Helmet: MonCal/FAC (modified)
  • Armor: Studio Creations
  • Gloves: Wampa Wear
  • Flight Suit: Self-made
  • Vest: Self-made
  • Cummerbund: Self-made
  • Codpiece: Self-made
  • Pouches: Self-made
  • Boots: Self-made
  • Blaster: Hyperfirm

Full Body Photos
fAstZH5.jpg
lfjWEqL.jpg
930WHgf.jpg
x3Kj9l8.jpg
RNRymqg.jpg
riAdHAS.jpg
NsQnW1t.jpg

vh9LT8p.jpg
v6Iy7rK.jpeg
Th8J2rX.jpg

Helmet
I realized after taking the full turnaround of photos that my helmet had the wrong number of indents. It will be some time before I can get help taking full photos again, so please see the corrected helmet with the proper number of indents below, as well as the repair made in my upgrades thread.

nPaOgah.jpg
iyGbSLu.jpg
LWHidyk.jpeg

5yG6yoh.jpeg
UEOJTFq.jpg
5z8NRKb.jpg
LX2A1jw.jpg
9GFBniU.jpg

Balaclava

8duVBeB.jpeg

Flight Suit

Bn9D2KO.jpeg

sMa2W0n.jpeg

nfsB3In.jpeg

bgTqkkJ.jpeg

Ii0Yz73.jpeg

5f2jKJr.jpeg

Shoulder Armor

niy8Ws2.jpgZeA0yNI.jpg

Upper Arm Armor

HZgGSfr.jpgx5ljhWX.jpg

Forearm Armor

FbRnY6g.jpeg

0sjSrdi.jpeg

Gloves
Wampa Wear yellow tags and clips/loops removed

9gWutal.jpgtuBriBG.jpg

PnW7bCA.jpeg

Vest

h11U8Bf.jpeg

DVfVhNy.jpeg

3WClBxf.jpeg

Chest/Back Armor

4nQ5QMO.jpeg
bZ5chU4.jpegyiym88k.jpegIjfuZrK.jpgwDT6eIM.jpgv6Xcmix.jpg

Cummerbund

F6dDJlk.jpgng6LdvC.jpeg

kQdmyfL.jpeg

Codpiece

0S4uOQB.jpeg

Pouches

tgpXmey.jpg6YiQh2I.jpgjdloDbd.jpghjpc1xK.jpg

Belt

slkpcVr.jpegi9YtJdJ.jpg1Hucl6x.jpegDfTWuGT.jpg

Thermal Detonator

bikrtNC.jpgEZL6LOA.jpg

Knee Armor

O5hHd02.jpegJVWIDjo.jpgthLrp1U.jpg

Boots/Holster

Pk9YKGD.jpeg

M3juhOs.jpeg

8JoAYj5.jpeg

78JkTf0.jpeg

wgijClp.jpeg

GWJFAQT.jpg

DLT-19 Heavy Rifle Blaster

3n6D6N5.jpegEWKoKqP.jpeg

Thank you, your application has been received. We will come back with our notes once the review is complete.

Can we get some reference pictures of your EC-17 Blaster.

Just now, MrPoopie said:

Can we get some reference pictures of your EC-17 Blaster.

Is one required? I had assumed it was optional

Blaster is required for Lvl 2.

4 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

Blaster is required for Lvl 2.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. I thought it was just blaster was required for level 2 costumes, so I put up my DLT-19. I’ll get some photos 

Not a problem.

This is a 3d print with files from MinuteFett. However when I was finishing it, I didn’t pay mind to the scope ridges and they got filled in, so I know that will need to be fixed. I have already contacted someone from my garrison to resin print me a new part that I will hopefully get this weekend and will update with photos of the repaired blaster if I happen to finish it sooner than you are done reviewing :D 

IMG_0781.jpg?ex=65f25600&is=65dfe100&hm=

IMG_0782.jpg?ex=65f25600&is=65dfe100&hm=

IMG_0784.jpg?ex=65f25600&is=65dfe100&hm=

IMG_0780.jpg?ex=65f25600&is=65dfe100&hm=

Can we get a shot of the front so we can see down the barrel. 

Here is our assessment.

Your application is very well put together with a good attention to the details and CRL. That being said, the list below is our remarks. Let us know if you need clarification on any of these items.

Chest

• Try to see if you can bring the chest up a bit (maybe an inch or so). Before you start cutting just see if you can get it to sit a little higher in the front. This will help bring the pouches up as well as the bund. If you are unable to do this you may need to overlap the shoulder bridges a bit and then cut off the excess from the chest and back shoulders bridges. Start by overlapping the bridges a little and tape everything in place to see how it looks and feels and if it brings the chest up a little. If everything works then you can remove a small amount of the bridges.

Cummerbund

• Cummerbund should be moved up 1-1.5". This will help bring the pouches up and move them off the belt.

Biceps

• Biceps should be moved up 1/2" to 3/4". They are a tad too low.

Vest

• Can you provide us with a couple more pictures of your upper body in better lighting (outdoors). We're trying to evaluate the vest but are unable to see well enough to make a full assessment. You vest appears to have a secondary stitch on the sleeves and does not appear to be a raglan sleeve. If this secondary stitch is not visible when suited up with the chest and back covering then it's passable.

I shall aim to make these adjustments and get photos this weekend while trooping or next week! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse that I have no gloves or forearms on, this was taken after a parade yesterday and I was more focused on the chest/pouches. Is this more of the spacing that it should be at? It is difficult to fit all of it onto my frame, there isn't that much real estate on my torso! I moved the bund up about 1.5", as measured by moving up the velcro on the vest that it attaches to to stay up. The chest, too, was moved up about the same to accommodate for the pouches sitting higher. The biceps were also moved up 1'2"

MgvTr9f.jpeg

I didn't think to take a full turnaround of the chest/back shoulder spacing for the vest in the sun. Let me know and I can take those of all angles, but for now here is this!

anRbvRJ.jpeg

Can you please repost the vest pictures as they are not available any more. We're trying to use them for comparison. 

Yeah, half of these were hosted on discord which i didn’t realize started expiring photo links :’( i’ll have to go back and replace the broken ones with imgur. 

i’ll update the vest photos right now to start, at least 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You've corrected the pouches, chest and general spacing of the front armor as well as the biceps and everything there looks good. The only thing remaining is the vest which currently will not pass Lvl 2 standards.  The disqualifier is the secondary stitch line giving it a faux raglan sleeve look as it states in the CRL "Vest sleeves have the appearance of being raglan". Since this stitch line is visible from the front (1st Image below) when your armor is on this will not work. Your vest needs to have the appearance of a raglan sleeve such as the example vest pictured (2nd image below). Please let us know if you have any questions about this or need a more detailed explanation. 

You're very close a this point and the vest is the only thing left to sort out. Great work so far.

Shoulder Vest.JPG

Example Vest:

20240218_143743.jpg

ope, that was me interpreting the CRL wrong with the “appearance of being raglan” part. i see now! 

I have already started a new vest yesterday, so i’ll photo it and kit up again here soon. 

• Like 1

Great to hear. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can you turn the vest inside out and take a picture? We're trying to see if the sleeves are padded or just have sewn on ribbing directly onto the fabric by itself.

It is made of the same materials as my original, so it has cotton batting in between two layers of black cotton. I hope this shows it better :) 

5o6ZU23.jpeg

uZH07XC.jpeg

QANn4Fp.jpeg

p.s. i trooped today and got a comment from my friend that everything looked like it was fitting/sitting better lately! 

Lancer awarded.  Well done!

• Like 1

• Chopper changed the title to TB-16428 Lancer Request (Approved)
  • BikerScout007 locked this topic