Sithping Shoretrooper Captain build(Imperial Surplus)

Sithping

8 minutes ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

Looking great fella , have a chat about when I see ya next.

Where ya get the paints from ?   think Hobbycraft sell montana gold but not sure 

Thanks Matt! 

I use a store called graf city based in Wales. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sithping said:

Thanks Matt! 

I use a store called graf city based in Wales. 

Cheers man

With the weather being good for a change I managed to get some painting done. 

Few pieces sanded, prepped and painted with Montana dark brown and with the first coat of Sahara beige it feels like it's starting to come alive... 

VxrAf01.jpeg

tvA40FZ.jpeg

sABDgvm.jpeg

MnrhcmC.jpeg

Thx for the bump Pete. Looking great, my only suggestion right now is maybe a second coat of beige on the collar?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Minimo said:

Thx for the bump Pete. Looking great, my only suggestion right now is maybe a second coat of beige on the collar?

Absolutely! As mentioned all pieces have had their 1st coat of Sahara beige, this helped me see better any areas needing filled. Lots more painting required 😉

Thanks for the feedback guys! 

• Like 1

More details added to the back plate along with collar, primed with Montana dark brown. 

Had a wee test fit with the chest and back joined together. 

Next jobs are 1st coat Sahara beige on the back piece/collar, then locate and fix securely front buckles and straps. 

ThuYkGy.jpeg

r1XIZ8Q.jpeg

Lots of details added to the upper armour tonight, back vent details fully fixed and secured.

Also buckles, straps and raised slot details added. 

Plus belt greeblies, thermal detonators and slug shells sanded and primed.

ohbskhj.jpeg

JBWCdl0.jpeg

qDwpAi5.jpeg

Test fit 🙂

2wKSuzj.jpeg

• Like 2

Made the decision to go with the Captain and painted up the necessary with Ford Nordic Blue. I also applied some liquidtex for the weathering. 

If you look closely enough I also added a light mist of Halford matt black for the aged process to the Nordic blue...this is just the beginning of the weathering effects lots more to add further down the road...

I marked out the lines for the white and black stripes on the left shoulder bell,

Bottom black line 13.5mm

White band 48mm

Top black line 15mm

More to follow soon... 

03wiuy1.jpeg

pKLDEZ7.jpeg

NR6aJMB.jpeg

• Sithping changed the title to Sithping Shoretrooper Captain build(Imperial Surplus)

Following up on the shoulder bell I painted the black and white bands today. 

I also weathered and painted the belt boxes, shin buckles and cover strips. 

bE59Q74.jpeg

uJBABry.jpeg

wtX4ptd.jpeg

The abdomen lower armour is my next part to work on. 

I have extended the waist size by 30mm both sides at the bottom and approx 10mm at the top of the ribs, I had asked my GCO to cast his eye over the positioning just to make sure I had enough for the back plate cover before I fixed it in place with CA. 

Originally I was going to apply the filler straight to the edge of the joint, but I had thought it may crack under the stress of the flexibility of the ABS, so I templated the shape of the area to be filled and transferred it to a strip of ABS the same thickness as the join. 

This was perfect for minimising the use of filler and made the joint perfectly flush and much stronger. 

Next I plan to sand all the abdomen area and hit it with a coat of dark brown primer. 

Oh, and nearly forgot I reworked the weathering on the shoulder bell and added some to the chest piece. 

The saga continues.... 

cvu1Ohk.jpeg

5lmy8LH.jpeg

0F68pVI.jpeg

Forearms, the tricky part is now out the way..alignment and sealing them fully closed was a bit of a task, anyway they have been filled, sanded and primed then a first pass with the liquid latex and Sahara beige..this will be followed up with additional paint on the left gauntlet with blue and yellow.

xms52As.jpeg

kDKhPc1.jpeg

• Like 2

Left gauntlet painted with cab yellow and Ford nordic blue...liquid mask was added between layers..will peel when dry...also Halfords matt black lightly sprayed over the blue. 

qbzIByT.jpeg

rs0M18y.jpeg

Finally! The biceps are assembled...these bad boys took a bit of work, from the alignment to the trimming and sanding..really glad to get the first coat of primer on them ready for painting and weathering. 

Cover strips glued in place. 

EZPKlvz.jpeg

Clamps are your friend for this job. 

irTaaE8.jpeg

Glue area marked and sized for inner bicep with gold pen and chevron for trimming. 

Secured together with CA

jnzF7Fm.jpeg

Next, 2 part filled the front facing cover strips, then sanded for priming. 

X1gk0Ou.jpeg

Primer applied, hung to dry. 

yF2QBYU.jpeg

cEf3KgM.jpeg

Straight home from work today and hit the biceps with a blast of Sahara beige. Then the right bicep was treated to a splash of colour with Toyota Red. 

Peeled off the liquid latex to reveal the layered weathering, added a mixture of grey and brown aging spray and allowing to dry. 

Next will be the yellow stripe detail... 

lucBQbX.jpeg

B1xaIAz.jpeg

MWssFbv.jpeg