Slow start

Lupus1202

Hello, my name is Wolfgang and the title tells it, this will be maybe a longtime project, because i like to do most of the softparts on my own. At the beginning of september, the armor and helmet will be ordered, but for now ... this pair fits perfect on my hands.

PqKmB7V.jpg

to be continued ...

• Like 4

Welcome Wolfgang! Everyone works at their own pace so take your time. There are all sorts of hints and tricks and we're here to help you navigate through so don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything. We're here to help you be successful!

Welcome!!  

Like @Retrofire said this place is an amazing resource and full of lovely folk and a great armoury team. 

As for timeframe ?

it’s not how long you take but that you get there  and we are all here to help. 

my journey started in Feb last year and with the help of this lovely lot I’m nearly ready for BBB day 

Saturday i ordered the suit and while i have to wait, i grab the gloves ... funfact ... they got a hidden pocket on the inner side ...

q89hiYQ.jpg

and look what i found ... 

CD31jNT.jpg

no ... they were not Spock´s ... rainprotection for the gloves. 

Back to topic ... i cut out the inner lining and cut off the buckles over the hand.

dK33bZJ.jpg
AcgieTd.jpg

I know, i have to get rid of the least red fabric in the glove but that won´t be a problem, but ... befor i cut the glove in to pieces ...
just cut the zipper out, or open the sewing, take the zipper out and sew the triangle piece of leather properly in place?

RCAmv3o.jpg
n3rfZnQ.jpg

to be continued ...

You want to carefully cut out the zipper. There's no need to unpick the threads and then re-sew.

The the Magic of the Myth images provides a good view of what the screen gloves looked like:

MOTM_26409.jpg

• Like 2

Next step, after cutting out the zipper ... and by the way thank you @Chopper for the hint, the zippers were easier to cut out as i thought ... 
get the suede black ...

bziEAAL.jpg
MDFwaqu.jpg

first layer ...

bqnQOkx.jpg
D8qNSx9.jpg

dry over night and tomorrow they get a second layer.

To be continued ...

• Like 3

Just a question for my understanding ...

The CRL says:
- shoulder bridge covers are made (can be) of white cotton webbing
- under arm straps are made from white cotton webbing
- dropbox straps are made of white cotton webbing
- pouches are white or ...

but if the pouches are off white, the dropbox straps have to match and must be dyed.

So, if i go all white i am good to go?

Cheers
Wolfgang

Next step while waiting for a smaller overall, i ordered a probe of suede. It feels very soft and flexible and i hope you can see the texture.

OQ9UIhC.jpg
kYJit3S.jpg

Now i will wait to get the overall in my hands and be able to measure the size of the suede pattens.

to be continued ...

11 hours ago, Lupus1202 said:

Just a question for my understanding ...

The CRL says:
- shoulder bridge covers are made (can be) of white cotton webbing
- under arm straps are made from white cotton webbing
- dropbox straps are made of white cotton webbing
- pouches are white or ...

but if the pouches are off white, the dropbox straps have to match and must be dyed.

So, if i go all white i am good to go?

Cheers
Wolfgang

Yes, as per the CRL: "If using off-white cummerbund pouches and side straps, the drop box straps are also off-white. "

If you choose to go all white on everything, then you're fine.

• Like 1