Base Boot

TK-Ethan

Hello everyone, any recommendations on a good base boot in 2023? I saw the boot thread, which talked about king-show, but I have been unable to find any of the models mentioned there. It looks like they’re either no longer in business or they’re just sold out of everything discussed in the forms.

I figured I’d stop wandering around and just ask the pros.

All the best,

TK-92891

I noticed that too. Hoping they’re just out of stock and it’ll return, but it does look like they’re not available anymore. The 1366 was their water resistant version. Any workbook that has a solid wheat color sole (i.e. nothing two tone) should work.

The 1180 Kingshow boot in wheat looks like it might work. The sole is the same as the 1366. However, the boot appears to have a suede finish, but it’s tough to tell from the photos.

@Chopper would that type of finish be an issue with barge cement or E6000?

worked great for mine, nice and comfy to boot.

Ozark Trail Men's Troy Boots - Walmart.com

• Like 1

For me I went to Boot Barn and tried on any boot that had the correct color sole. Other than that find one that is in your price range and comfortable. The sole is the only thing you see.  I did choose a sole that was also easy to cut the patterns into.

Brand names of those generic "Timberland-style" boots have come and gone. Look at the sole and go from there. I'd also recommend replacing the laces with some sort of elastic laces or something as they're usually flatter so they don't stick out as much when you're making the vinyl toe.

• Like 1

If you wear a size 11, I have a pair of Kingshow M1366 (with the single wheat color sole) that I've been meaning to post up for sale.  I started carving the pattern into the soles but got discouraged because it was taking me forever.  So, I only got about halfway finished on one boot before I gave up and just went with Crowprops boots.

9 hours ago, DukeOfNachos said:

worked great for mine, nice and comfy to boot.

Ozark Trail Men's Troy Boots - Walmart.com

This is perfect thank you. I ordered a pair.

Oh an "Hey DukeOfNachos" fancy seeing you around here :P

3 hours ago, f3tt4l1f3 said:

If you wear a size 11, I have a pair of Kingshow M1366 (with the single wheat color sole) that I've been meaning to post up for sale.  I started carving the pattern into the soles but got discouraged because it was taking me forever.  So, I only got about halfway finished on one boot before I gave up and just went with Crowprops boots.

Thank you for the offer, but that would be much to big for me.

• Like 2