It's finally happening! First Scout build

BlackTaz

Hey guys, this is it, I'm finally doing this! Almost ten years after registering on this forum I'm finally getting started with my build!

I'm creating this topic to post updates / ask for your precious advice on questions I will most definitely have as I progress with the build (aiming for Lancer from the get go because why not).

After countless hours reading the forum to compare the different options, here's the list of parts I have selected:

Helmet: Lonewolf by CFO received  

Armor: Strider by CFO received  

Soft parts & boots: TB_Stompers  received 

Gloves: Espirit replicas by EndorFinders  received   

Blaster: Darth Voorhees urethane EC-17 by BlasterWorks  received  

DLT-19x: Homemade (3D print) printed 

Thanks for reading, hope to learn a lot with you guys!

Julien

• Like 3

Well, after 10 years, all that time researching has certainly paid off. Great choice in gear so far! Kudos! Once you have stuff in hand and start your build feel free to hit the armory team up with your questions. We’d love nothing more than to get you across the finish line so you can start trooping!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ghost40 said:

That's awesome! I really like to watch build threads through someone's progress. Don't hesitate to reach out with questions!

Thanks David! I'll make sure to document my progress thoroughly in this thread 😁

5 hours ago, Aradun said:

Well, after 10 years, all that time researching has certainly paid off. Great choice in gear so far! Kudos! Once you have stuff in hand and start your build feel free to hit the armory team up with your questions. We’d love nothing more than to get you across the finish line so you can start trooping!

Thank you Dennis! Fingers crossed all this research will also pay off when it's time to actually get my hands dirty! 😆

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone, just a little update to announce that I have received everything (I think) I need for my build! 🕺 

Time to finally get my hands dirty!

What do you guys recommend I start with? I was thinking the armor to get used to working with ABS before trying to build the helmet. Are there any tutorials you would recommend, considering that my armor is a Strider and my helmet a Lonewolf, both made by CFO? 

Thanks!

Welcome Back Julien,

Everyone is different, I tend to start with the soft parts making sure they fit, as you start on adjusting and trimming your armour, you'll have to build and fit them around your soft parts.

Little hint Never try your armour on with one layer of clothing it can be deceiving, thickness does change how everything fits. 

Good idea to start on the armour before the helmet and go slow if it is your first time trimming working with ABS.

• Like 1

Thanks @M.J!

Starting with soft parts makes sense, what’s the best way to make sure they fit properly, other than by trying them on (which I already did, everything seems alright from my perspective)? 

Should I post pics fully suited up so you guys can give me feedback before I start trimming the armor?

For tutorials to help you with your armor build, check out the DL’s armor party video:

RS Prop Masters also has a build series for their scout armor that you may find a help reference:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1