First Build - ROTJ Bikerscout

wide

Yes, that is too much texture for the boots, . You do not want a pebbled texture on the vinyl.

• Like 1

Looks, like the "same" vinyl I bought first time and @Chopper said the same... 😉 unfortunately my old link doesn't work anymore but maybe this was the vinyl I bought afterwards. follow me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, OnkelPaschulke said:

Looks, like the "same" vinyl I bought first time and @Chopper said the same... 😉 unfortunately my old link doesn't work anymore but maybe this was the vinyl I bought afterwards. follow me

Thank you both!

Now I know in which WIP Thread I read about the wrong texture 😅 Should've gone with your link in the first place instead of picking up something locally. Thanks again for the new link! I just ordered through them.

Now I need to be creative and think about a project I can do with the remaining wrong vinyl 😅

You can always create a purse or a bookbag with the material, and sell it, or even something to protect your lid.😉

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Retrofire said:

You can always create a purse or a bookbag with the material, and sell it, or even something to protect your lid.😉

That last one is a great idea, thanks!

And thanks again @OnkelPaschulkefor the link. Ordered on Sunday arrived today. From netherlands to germany within two work days, really impressive! :)

I also think that this is much closer to the texture I've seen in other threads. Just to make sure before i start cutting out pieces I wanted to check in again if you all think it works?

My knuckles are in there on purpose as scale :)

flBAEGy.jpeg

• Like 1

After all this input and all the help i wanted to report success!

Thanks to cheesewhoopys tutorial and the youtube tutorial I mentioned in the last page of this thread (https://forum.501stpathfinders.com/topic/19708-biker-scout-boots-tutorial/ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6L4bY9NnqM&ab_channel=MortimerCreative)

I was able to stretch the vinyl over the boots correctly. I struggled a lot in the beginning with this, so if someone has a similar problem of not getting it tight over the shoe: The things that helped me the most were stuffing the shoe with an old shirt so it wouldnt bend too much, and stretching and pinning from the middle of the toe as a start and then going back and forth between the two sides of the shoe, as shown in the youtube tutorial. However, I did not pin the two ends first on the second shoe and that helped me tremendously!

Almost 100 pins later ... :D

OmuA6KH.jpeg

And since I didn't have any wooden color sticks to spread around the E6000, I used a scrap piece of ABS from the Armor. I also deliberatley did not put any glue in the wider vicinity of the shoelace rivets:

QLc9gUD.jpeg

I was very nervous about having to redo all the forming and stretching, but the vinyl held up its shape!

I did however reheat the vinyl repeatedly during the forming and even after all the pins were in place. And I waited around 15 minutes after the last heat treatment.

So here they are for now, banished to the balcony so I don't have to inhale any more E6000 :D

v6DZcQt.jpeg

Feels really good to be working on this again!

• Like 1

Fantastic work Stefan! They look excellent! Keep up the great work and let us know if you have any questions along the way.

• Like 1

Just a small Update:

After looking closely at the other boots in this forum I tried to put the 1/2 Inch strip as low as possible. Pretty satisfied with the results, even if its not 100% perfect and has some spots were it does not sit 100% flat on the other vinyl.

JFIxVkf.jpeg

QluhDaF.jpeg

egtbNVf.jpeg

8ihSUnv.jpeg

Will start measuring and cutting the material for the tubes this weekend, but the actual sewing might take a while. The sewing machine my partner got a while ago has some tension issue.

• Like 1