Sha Sha's TB WIP

shashachu

Nice! I have the same bin. It’s awesome just how much you can pack in there with proper nesting. I have my ROTJ in there along with my additional flight suit, CB, bicep armor, and neck seal for my JFO Scout.

I generally place a flight suit on the bottom as a cushion, nest the the small armor pieces in the chest/back, and set that on the left (opposite the wheels). Then nest the helmet in the middle wrapped in my vest, with the boots on top of each other on the right with the wheels. I have a tray that goes over the boots. Belts are nested on top with CBs and the other flight suit layered on top as another cushion. My set up pre JFO addition can be seen here.

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/21153-packing-for-deployment/&do=findComment&comment=203034

• Like 1

I have the same bin as well, and I also have no issue fitting everything in there. I haven’t been able to fit the tray, but my helmet is in a bag like yours. Maybe that’s the trick.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had my first two troops in my scout this past Saturday. A car show in Chinatown and a Relay for Life event:

AL9nZEWLZeK6pv4y7of_-R1WFyxO61kWv1pQAys7

AL9nZEXGzE0b9EoRv2pWmcXn-EdsbraMU_8Z9j3J

Some thoughts:

- The visibility is great! I can see kids, and I can see my feet when I'm walking.

- My TD fell off during the car show so our handler picked it up. I cut back some of the box so that it wasn't sticking out so much and I think that'll help.

- I took in the legs of my flight suit too much - it's too tight around my calves. Will have to re-sew that.

- The costume is HOT. My vest and flight suit were pretty damp when I was done.

- I'll probably need to add some velcro to my bicep armor to keep it from slipping down.

Otherwise, I had a great time! It's a fun costume to wear, and I like how it's gotten more exposure recently via the TV shows and video games. People seemed excited about it.

Awesome! You look great in those photos. If you haven’t seen Chopper’s post on keeping your kit together while trooping, it’s worth the read.

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/w18894-some-tips-for-keeping-your-scout-costume-together-while-trooping/

• Like 1

Looking great in your armor and I had almost the same issues like you after my first troop. Especially the TD falling of my belt and still haven't figured out a good way to keep it on the belt. Well, it happend two times in one troop. Maybe I wasn't dressed correctly... We'll see, the next one is on the coming weekend! 😄

On 9/28/2022 at 8:21 AM, AradunFF said:

Awesome! You look great in those photos. If you haven’t seen Chopper’s post on keeping your kit together while trooping, it’s worth the read.

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/w18894-some-tips-for-keeping-your-scout-costume-together-while-trooping/

Thanks! For some reason that link isn't working for me. I wonder if I'm missing access to some sub-forum?