Imperial Boots Cummerbund and Vest Set

Hey everyone, my set from imperial boots arrived today just got a few things to do with it and it’ll be ready for trooping, I do have a few questions about it though, I know I will have to see the codpiece onto the vest for best results and buy some clips for the vest and codpiece, and a few other things like connecting the pouches but I also got two straps that I am not sure what they are for, one is a short but wide and ribbed black piece, with Velcro on alternate sides so it can form a loop, and the other is a 3 foot long and thin nylon type webbing with a few inches of Velcro on the end. My final question would be how to shorten the actual cummerbund, because it does not line up in the middle of my back, just cutting and re sewing or is there a better method.

Can you post some photos of the parts you're not sure what to do with?

Can you post some pics? It may help with identifying the straps and it’ll give armorers a better sense of how to guide you with regard to the bund.

Your bund should be generally centered in back, but it does not need to be exactly centered. How far off is it?

You can shorten it by opening up the seam where the right side velcro is attached, folding the extra fabric in on itself, and then re-stitching it.

Hi Guys, I just got word, from vincent that the ribbed piece is a neckseal and the long piece of webbing is for me to wear across the back of my codpiece, I won't really need that because I am going to sew it to my vest, and in response to your question Chopper, The bund, when centered properly, extends about 5.5 inches on both sides, seam ripping seems like the option to go with, and I will be trying it shortly after I finish up my belt. If that is the case with it being a neckseal, I cant really use it becasue it is ribbed and the CRL has no such factor, but it might be useful for something else later on.

16 hours ago, EC-17 Holdout Blaster said:

Yeah any suggestions for the files being too big.

The piece of webbing that attaches to the bottom of your cod piece is , I believe a requirement . It’s seen on all the movie scouts and goes up under the rear of the belt , and is visible outside of the rearmost piece of suede that goes down your rear . 

2 hours ago, CatfoodRob said:

The piece of webbing that attaches to the bottom of your cod piece is , I believe a requirement . It’s seen on all the movie scouts and goes up under the rear of the belt , and is visible outside of the rearmost piece of suede that goes down your rear . 

I think he means it’s meant be a belt, at least I hope because the cod thong is elastic not webbing. He would be right to attach it to the vest rather than use the webbing.  

1 hour ago, kayelbe said:

I think he means it’s meant be a belt, at least I hope because the cod thong is elastic not webbing. He would be right to attach it to the vest rather than use the webbing.  

Yes, it is a normal piece of elastic, meant to go through the top of the codpiece, which already has a webbing thong piece to attach to the back of the vest, it is mean to be a belt, but at this point I have just sewed my codpiece to my vest as true to the crl and will not need to use either strap

• Like 2