Celebration London 7-10 April 2023

BikerScout007

EDIT:  Ginny from UKG has been keeping the 501st.com forum up to date on the goings-on for Celebration Europe.  Please check the forum here:

https://www.501st.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=249

star-wars-celebration-2023.jpeg

• Like 5

oohhooooo. yes

No excuses for me this time eh Mickey 🤣

Even im having trouble finding hotels that are available lol

• Like 1

So so so far away, meaby i will wait next USA celebration haha (stil far away but no like UK)

Just a short Hop across the English Channel! Checking for Hotels!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Just a short Hop across the English Channel! Checking for Hotels!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 1:19 AM, CatfoodRob said:

Hotel booked, just waiting for the tickets to go on sale. See you all in the detachment photo ! 

which hotel rob?   I was looking at premier inn /travelodge etc and they were all saying couldn't book until under 12 months to the booking date

• 4 weeks later...

Only got tickets for friday and sunday... Hopefully this will work with the detachment foto...

11 minutes ago, OnkelPaschulke said:

Only got tickets for friday and sunday... Hopefully this will work with the detachment foto...

Me too bud, so we'll find a way to make it work!  :D 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wondering if there might be a Pathfinder Evening Activity (PEA)?! 😄

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be attending this year, but I’ve never shipped my armor overseas before or carried it on a plane.  Does anyone have any tips? Or know the best ways to get through customs, and pack everything so it doesn’t get destroyed? 

2 hours ago, Whistler said:

I’ll be attending this year, but I’ve never shipped my armor overseas before or carried it on a plane.  Does anyone have any tips? Or know the best ways to get through customs, and pack everything so it doesn’t get destroyed? 

When I fly with armour or prop weapons I take a photo of myself in armour and print it on an A4 size sheet of paper with a description of what the armour is and for, I then place this on top of the armour so customs can see.

• Thanks 1

You should always keep your own countries customs authority in mind. Especially when you are traveling back so you don’t have to pay customs duties or import taxes in your home country. In the EU there is a special customs procedure called returning goods. Just saying!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 10:04 PM, BikerScout007 said:

Good morning everyone this will be my first celebration, I'm coming from Italy and I wanted to ask for the photo of dethacment how are you organized?

4 hours ago, ZIM12 said:

Hey Simone!

We haven't gotten word on how the photos are being scheduled just yet.  @Hask do you have any info on that?

• Thanks 1

I‘m there for all four days.  As far as allowing bags or boxes.  Do they have a place where people in costume can change or dress down at Excel? Or am I riding the tube as a scout?

Same question here... on the other hand it would be an epic picture... 😄

• Haha 1

Folks, I will post up info as I get it, but remember to keep an eye on the 501st.com forum about CE2023:

https://www.501st.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=249

4 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Hey Simone!

We haven't gotten word on how the photos are being scheduled just yet.  @Hask do you have any info on that?

We are still waiting on LFL to come back to us as we would like an area cordoned off for the club photos but we are hoping for Sat afternoon for the main one.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Whistler said:

I‘m there for all four days.  As far as allowing bags or boxes.  Do they have a place where people in costume can change or dress down at Excel? Or am I riding the tube as a scout?

Again we are negotiating but cant promise any changing area.

• Thanks 1