Hey everyone!

Nathanzx10r

Hope everyone has been well.  I did my first troop as a Scout today since being approved.  Now I know some areas I need to address from wearing this to make it more secure. Need velcro at the top of my bund to hold it to my flight suit for sure, and also the biceps & knees need velcro, as these things really love slipping down. I really want to do something with my cummerbund, inside lighting looks fine... outdoors, not so much. I also need to adjust the pouches, and try to attach them to the cummerbund a little better. Any ideas here on what I can do about the color issues with the bund and straps???? Anyone else had that issue?

244393070-3104721976413845-1975211191957

And of course.... the first feedback I see, LOL.  I hate being so big sometime.

Screenshot-237.jpg

Nathan, I'm under 5 foot and get "arn't you a little short".. but guess what I love wearing it and good for you too!

Once you've done a few troops you will work out where to stand and how to pose yourself, one idea is to bend knee  a little and point like you're saying " hey you there" that will bring you down a little and give you some character. We also have some jawas that didnt stop growing they  would bend down in the front of the photo... 

You will get your groove.

With the armour do you have closer up photos? 

I didn't put velcro on my arms I placed foam and elastic to make them fit better, they would fall down as I'm small and the kit was a bit big, now older I've had to trim the foam and redo the elastic (older meaning I put on weight), remember once placing Velcro on it can wear more, use that as a last resort. Though I did  place Velcro on my knees the top part so they still sit, try and make sure the soft part of the velcro is on the armour, or you will over time rub onto your fabric and it will start to wear.

Nathan, the bund vs armor color difference you're seeing is somewhat a result of lighting, material, and camera settings. It happens with my armor and soft goods too.

Ditto what Chopper said Nate! I guarantee it doesn’t look that bright in person.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:28 PM, AradunFF said:

Ditto what Chopper said Nate! I guarantee it doesn’t look that bright in person.

It actually does lol... I noticed it when I was looking down. I was like why is it glowing lol. It really bugged me, still does. Like I said, inside looks great, outside it looks like it has a hint of blue. Strange for sure. 

On 10/3/2021 at 6:34 AM, Chopper said:

Nathan, the bund vs armor color difference you're seeing is somewhat a result of lighting, material, and camera settings. It happens with my armor and soft goods too.

Yeah, it looks like that in person also. I'm just wondering if there is a dye that I could use, not sure if anyone else dealt with it before. 

On 10/3/2021 at 5:12 AM, M.J said:

Nathan, I'm under 5 foot and get "arn't you a little short".. but guess what I love wearing it and good for you too!

Once you've done a few troops you will work out where to stand and how to pose yourself, one idea is to bend knee  a little and point like you're saying " hey you there" that will bring you down a little and give you some character. We also have some jawas that didnt stop growing they  would bend down in the front of the photo... 

You will get your groove.

With the armour do you have closer up photos? 

I didn't put velcro on my arms I placed foam and elastic to make them fit better, they would fall down as I'm small and the kit was a bit big, now older I've had to trim the foam and redo the elastic (older meaning I put on weight), remember once placing Velcro on it can wear more, use that as a last resort. Though I did  place Velcro on my knees the top part so they still sit, try and make sure the soft part of the velcro is on the armour, or you will over time rub onto your fabric and it will start to wear.

Yeah, it was my first time in armor in over 20 years out in the public. Its like riding a bike right lol. The biggest problem was the biceps rotating and sliding down. I might just need to work out more lol. 

• Like 1