cdraudt17 3D printed scout WIP

cdraudt17

I would check with your GML regarding basic clearance, but my inclination is yes, it's a bit too heavy. I'd say it was too heavy for a Level 2 application, if you wanted to go that way.

Started printing out the Mr Poopie armor files. So far I have the chest front and the forearms. Chest has been coated in resin as a first layer for covering print lines. This was my first time trying that rather than bondo glazing and spot putty. Seemed a lot easier. Forearms came out with a couple of issues but will be cleaned up and should be ok.

image1.jpeg

image6.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shore_2_Keeli said:

What printer are you using? Also which filament? 

Ender 5 plus and I am using zyltech petg. I wanted something a little more heat resistant. Shoretrooper is my next project. 

Hi Chris! I don’t think it’s too sharp but you can knock the edges back with some sandpaper if you’re feeling uncomfortable with the look. I think that most folks are used to the various vendors that pull armor and sometimes those pulls can come out a little soft and their edges are softer than a 3D print. 

Take a look through the Armor comparison thread here and you can see what the various kits look like.

If you do have further concerns I would reach out to your local GML in the Alpine Garrison here: https://ut501st.com/ . Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My printer crapped out on me for a while, so I took a long break from printing parts. Finally got things up and running again and have been trying to finish things. Got a good chunk coated in UV resin and smoothing will come next.

image.jpeg.caab1c43b9f4f9b86e285be294dfdb50.jpeg

• Like 2

I have been working on repainting my helmet. Does the finish need to be absolutely mirror glossy, or would this pass? Keep in mind, I have not applied a clear coat yet. There is still shine to the helmet, but a little bit of texture too. Do I need to wet sand or anything?

301687790_10160146860710818_5618549326121622696_n.jpg

• Like 2

That looks great.  It does not need to be mirror glossy.  It needs to be:

• Gloss white or semi-gloss and may be lightly weathered.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

That looks great.  It does not need to be mirror glossy.  It needs to be:

• Gloss white or semi-gloss and may be lightly weathered.

thats great to hear! I have been using Rustoleum gloss white and will finish up with the gloss clear coat. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 11:29 AM, cdraudt17 said:

UV resin and smoothing will come next.

I look forward to seeing the results of the UV resin - good luck!

Your helmet looks amazing!