NYShoretrooper's Shoretrooper Build

NYShoretrooper

Awesome! Have fun! Here if you need us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Minimo said:

Awesome! Have fun! Here if you need us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! 😀 I already messaged KB Props about the missing parts. Now I just have to get the paint and soft goods in, and I'll also have to hunt down the foam needed for the chest and back plate...

6 minutes ago, NYShoretrooper said:

One last quick question. I'm having trouble piecing together the parts for the hip armor. Here it is as it appears on the CRL.

ST_Hips-LG.jpg

Here's what I've figured out in my kit.

2424b75d1e.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's part of it...

Hmmmm I’m no expert with the kit, but it looks to me like what you highlighted in red is possibly the side attachments for the front chest armor. Maybe someone more familiar with the kit can chime in. Most kits do not bring the skirt armor. 

Your doing the Shoretrooper Captain, correct? I ask because it looks like you have the belt pieces for Squad Leader. 

There are no thigh pieces so thats not missing.

You look like you only have one end cap for the thermal detonator, and need two, and your missing the body of the thermal detonator. And if your doing the Captain your missing the vertical canister and its end caps and greeblie piece. 

The armoured skirt is an item you need to make, no kit maker offers that with the pieces. But you can order a finished ready to paint from Mr. Pauls Shoretrooper Build on Facebook. 

The red box outline parts should be the connects for the chest to the back plate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TKZombie said:

Your doing the Shoretrooper Captain, correct? I ask because it looks like you have the belt pieces for Squad Leader. 

There are no thigh pieces so thats not missing.

You look like you only have one end cap for the thermal detonator, and need two, and your missing the body of the thermal detonator. And if your doing the Captain your missing the vertical canister and its end caps and greeblie piece. 

The armoured skirt is an item you need to make, no kit maker offers that with the pieces. But you can order a finished ready to paint from Mr. Pauls Shoretrooper Build on Facebook. 

The red box outline parts should be the connects for the chest to the back plate.

Finally home and can reply lol. I've messaged Mr Paul about the hip plate pieces as you suggested, waiting to hear back on that. KB Props is aware of the thermal detonator situation and will be sending me one.

Are you missing the skinny straps for the shins (seen on the bottom of the shins)?  I don't see them there.  I see the buckles for them, though.

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

Are you missing the skinny straps for the shins (seen on the bottom of the shins)?  I don't see them there.  I see the buckles for them, though.

I was just going to cut one of the thicker straps length wise for them.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, NYShoretrooper said:

KB Props got back to me, he’ll be sending me the strips and TD. So that’s set! Now we wait for the paint...

Good to hear!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice. Looks like a good fit. Now get to work cutting out the hole for the eyes!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, KOtrooper said:

Nice. Looks like a good fit. Now get to work cutting out the hole for the eyes!

But if I can't see and trust in the Force, won't my aim improve? 😄

• Haha 1

But if I can't see and trust in the Force, won't my aim improve?
That hokey religion?

• Haha 1