Armor straps

chimei

I have an IS kit. I’ll wondering about the straps and how they compare in flexibility with the ones by Mr. Paul and whether or not to swap them out - flexibility, weight, etc.

Running low on money set aside for the build. Are the Mr. Paul straps worth the purchase? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hiya! I have both and opted for the MPSB upgrade.  Both are really good but the MPSB are superior IMO, both in flexibility and shape. Both would meet approval without any issues.

I was surprised by the stiffness of the IS and wondered how easy they’d be to wear, store, wear again, etc. If they’d hold up over time. 

Are the two the same material? Does the MPSB need a different adhesive?

I did not attach the IS ones but others have with no issues. MPSB ones are way more flexible, definitely not as rigid. They are a similar material but not the same. You could try boiling the IS ones a bit? Maybe they will soften up? Actually, since i am not using them, let me try first so you don’t mess them up, I will report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

So... I wrapped them with a rubber band and boiled them for about 15 minutes. They are still pretty rigid and it definitely reshaped them. I would say it’s probably not a terrible idea for the shins, but maybe not for the shoulders... Also, don’t apply as much pressure as I did...

5552a15c39338abe66633d9795a91887.jpg

d8f9429e3636db86e45efe05bc929eac.jpg

471962588492e15d1d1da31dbeab1f47.jpg

c3e321ccd7efc9e30a9976c165ebb903.jpg

I’ve had them in a rubber band to help curve them. If that doesn’t do the trick, I’ll give it a boil. Thanks

1 hour ago, Minimo said:

I did not attach the IS ones but others have with no issues. MPSB ones are way more flexible, definitely not as rigid. They are a similar material but not the same. You could try boiling the IS ones a bit? Maybe they will soften up? Actually, since i am not using them, let me try first so you don’t mess them up, I will report back.

Boiling worked for me.  Give it a shot!