My journey on a Scout Trooper dream.

EdwinG

Been working on my build, it’s been a costly project with some results and some big miss.

Been wanting to do this for ages and started going on the project this year.

ACtC-3eKCKydoR8WvHL5eK6O6ogLsrijk_Rlwxhp

My first attempt to get a suit was from a group on ebay from Mexico.  They cut the price for the set and made me an offer so I took it.  It was supposed to include everything (already builded), after months on months waiting and trying to contact them I did get a box.  It had a fiberglass set of armor but they didn’t sent the helmet, the belt or the cummerbund with pouches, I was not happy.  The best part was the boots and the gloves, the other stuff was very bad quality so I complained to ebay and they got my money back and told me I didn’t need to ship the stuff back.

ACtC-3euITim3vH7aUskmQIvwEVmpL-10ApSTLa-

So I got a pair of gloves and boots I could use for my trouble.

My next try at getting a suit (with a lot more homework this time) was with Studio Creations.  I was temped to buying the complete build but it would have taken a lot longer to receive so I went with the complete kit.  It was a very nice kit but the instructions were outdated which has cause me to redo some things and almost had to order a new belt.

ACtC-3fKQsMbtsxuhX4p12sskpQaCaPyLKCwK5XL

It was nice to get the kit cause it did let me learn and build it to me (a lot of trial and error but you learn) and it’s been slowly coming along.  I wanted it to use for Halloween and just about got it completed.

What cost me with SC was the recommendation of the person that makes the cummerbund/pouches and flax vest.  I order a set believing that since SC stuff was 501 approved, so would be the people they recommend.  It so was not the case.

I got the set and although could be made useable, I wasn’t sure it would pass 501 basic and for sure not Lancer (which I was hoping to one day get).

The cummerbund and cod were one piece, no give (as in very tight) and the cod strap is 1 ½ inch not 2” as in the CRL

ACtC-3f1siqPAgISa0wc37rPXOEzrM0udOdovNIU

The pouches are 7” x 6” not 6”x“5 so they are a bit large seating over the belt for me and the top flap is not the width of the top as per CRL, it is 3”x3  ¾”, so I will be needing new one for sure.

ACtC-3cb5QjU0bidN-C5N_iOW3WKNGZcHgvG7bw6

I guess for a taller person the pouches might have worked but I’m 5’6” so they are not good for me.  On the vest, the sleeves seem to long.

I’m trying to keep to the CRL but it seems if you want it done right, you might just need to do it yourself.

Was thinking of ordering a new set from this person in Bolivia on Etsy which seem very nice, but that would be another $200 and I don’t know how long in the waiting time, so still debating.

One of the most pain in the B, for me is sewing the straps, mainly the Velcro hook part to the straps, my fingers where screaming for mercy with all the jabbing and stabbing and it was taking hours to just finish one strap.  I talked to my sister and she said “why don’t you buy a sewing machine”, I was like Hmm, I should have thought about that but I’ve never used one.

I went ahead and did buy one and so wish I had done so years ago.  Finished most of my straps in one day (with quite a few errors but it’s a learning thing) and now doing my own hem and was able to tailor my jumpsuit in a few hours (took months trying to figure out how to make it look better), hemmed up the legs and arms and took in the baggy legs to make for a better fit.

The machine will be so useful just not sure I brought the right one or the best for the job or me but it is what it is.

IETB0dzMOiptsDYKqMmiuQDzBl1k_QHBWMtUzcqA

This has been a wild rider and a great experience and I’m hoping to make basic soon.  I’ve always wanted to make a Stars Wars costume and had done a Jawa and Yoda characters (also a Darth Vader) back in the day, way back, but my first setup I loved was Boba Fett, second was the Scout Trooper.

The Scout Trooper seems a bit easier to deal with and but together so I went with that (hopefully in the future, I’ll attempt a Mandalorian).

One of the things that I was thinking about is the strap that joins the front and back armor at the shoulders.  I first saw the T-strap and thought that was cool idea, but now it seems it’s no longer part of the CRL and they are requiring a zip tie so I had to think up and set up and I felt pretty good with what I came up with, you guys can tell me jay or nay on what you think.

ACtC-3c9QUst9QzGGTxbd3_h-T-5e81h88TmwNHf

ACtC-3fvkXfcBhT1dGthdEv-ispgMmRmt1hkXUKL

ACtC-3dgje0nWkGueHZCBaJ4fENd2zHio1ctxZHV

ACtC-3fEnBR4g-VpeXAVHsjCWKZHTdADqKeTEr1P

ACtC-3d5rNI7P38PO2SsMER7wfpxckVs1ihhomG7

ACtC-3eR-azkx3UiwovuccbnDgveBYtoy8xLonwq

ACtC-3egGkf19Amtk9teEWy3MFAm72_DUjNSYuuz

ACtC-3eSn-vOzjmVvrxcwYwe13nJVkbg2VMVDc8j

I’m also curious about how some of you guys have put together your tank with the rivet/strap setup.  The rivet seem to obstruct the placement being that it about a ¼ to ½ “ thorn pushing into the back armor.  I had to make a hole on top to aloud it to fit but I’m wondering what to do about the bottom. 

ACtC-3dDOFolgBHGBYwrAHcR1imWBZLKjfcUK_1Q

ACtC-3dc5zHog0wZavF1TnKG15QVR96IvL6zn9hd

ACtC-3c5jJWu6akbJSMs8oyWVC7gIlykHxnHB7R6

Anyway, here are my pictures and setup, still a number of things to fix and trim but it’s coming along.

ACtC-3cpd2xcVCb04AZVbixcZldVYF7UyW0mp3MW

ACtC-3dNkCfzPbGLpoamspxq3NKuFe0Wg7vdhceK

ACtC-3dT2ANhqOsZAV6UKTI-nqBkyN-5T2nMy_WRACtC-3fTH5nYOg7BkmP9XbBDZ9COA1wC2fDngMln

ACtC-3fyRojQt6g9sRRGzgaIwlPAHX0gxiyDeAs-

ACtC-3dumc2n1PXTlevDsWUNAWtSQGFDPwUqrHfF

r8PM_Kl-JJSlHEuXVdT8we1dWjucVv6nPDGZkfvUACtC-3cgyUd740g3q_apHqyCISow-JxbME9i9FXn

ACtC-3ewEDDDC0Cd5x7zAqDN1jo_F4jqcEaxBMNQMafeLQR6sNT2nu3JBc16GRcv6759a5cucfGgveSu

ACtC-3d5m3M7ikuOpnS1PX_Z9no2xhU-9cf9rmdt

Dog stealing my Thunder  lol

ACtC-3c8UxhbhT_d2WBMKl1jB8C4kLV6HV9g-jVp

ACtC-3c6GZ4Qh5L51JCTLp79G5Mvk6SaRy9GsKMc

ACtC-3fybEeU3R75VdC13Tfd8U0DZD-wOJMS9Dh-

Just thought this was funny.  lol

ACtC-3ctuQrXPSLL6jG_M9DZuoXvL_SblX4gv2Pl

ACtC-3ecsClSgkD0OeWkTI0OIRSDNlN1z77SRKSe

ACtC-3eKCKydoR8WvHL5eK6O6ogLsrijk_Rlwxhp

Really love the black and white effect.

I’m here for advice and thoughts on how far I am for approval and any commends would be appreciated

Hey Edwin, the t-straps are still permitted for Level 1 clearance, but I think what you've done with the zip ties looks good.

The primary item I would add is for you to put some velcro at the bottom of your flak vest and at the top of your bund. This will help to keep it from slipping down when you wear it.

Your butt flap looks like it's long and doubled over? Are you still working on trimming it to fit? If it helps, I've marked in green where the butt flap should approximately end for you.

Your leg straps are a little loose, but I think they'd be ok for Level 1 clearance.

On your tank, can you cut another slot hole into the bottom bump, like you did with the top?

Edwin, I commend you on your perseverance in pursuing your dream to become a Scout. You’ve endure a lot of challenges along the way but have slugged through them with determination becoming a future Scout. Well done brother. Looking forward to your approval and your joining the ranks as a fellow Scout!

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Hey Edwin, the t-straps are still permitted for Level 1 clearance, but I think what you've done with the zip ties looks good.

The primary item I would add is for you to put some velcro at the bottom of your flak vest and at the top of your bund. This will help to keep it from slipping down when you wear it.

Your butt flap looks like it's long and doubled over? Are you still working on trimming it to fit? If it helps, I've marked in green where the butt flap should approximately end for you.

Your leg straps are a little loose, but I think they'd be ok for Level 1 clearance.

On your tank, can you cut another slot hole into the bottom bump, like you did with the top?

Thanks for the input.  Didn’t know the T-straps were still good for use but I do like what I came up with and it’ll help going for Lancer.

The Velcro at the bottom of the flax vest is something I was thinking about but don’t like this cummerbund/pouches and the Vest need some work too.  I need to shorten the sleeves. 

ACtC-3eOvM7ScN04iSfzuI2FTM-9vqFSwFYtIp96

But I definitely will be adding Velcro.  I also need to add Velcro to areas where the arm armor is and the knees so that they’ll stay in a good spot and not move so much.

The butt flap is big and I will be looking it over to size it right.  My intention is to work on another jumpsuit I have and make that one Lancer worthy adding suede leather for the flap and other areas.  Still working on removing all the zippers and pockets on that one.

The leg straps I change from what was there (this is the suit I got from the Mexico fail set), I added elastic 2” and made them shorter by about 2 or 3”, I also had taken in the legs cause they were very baggy.  I kind of feel the straps may be to low on the leg and may raise them up some.

The Tank I might do the hole on the bottom today to see how it fits.

I’m also working on a second Helmet with the seams fill hopefully also Lancer worthy.

The boots is what I’m wondering about making them look acceptable for lancer, but little by little it’s getting there.

Just wondering how much more I might need to just make basic for now, was hoping to get it before my Birthday in a few weeks but oh well.

Thanks again.

24 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

Edwin, I commend you on your perseverance in pursuing your dream to become a Scout. You’ve endure a lot of challenges along the way but have slugged through them with determination becoming a future Scout. Well done brother. Looking forward to your approval and your joining the ranks as a fellow Scout!

Words like these is what fuels the soul and keeps my dream alive, 

Thanks a lot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EdwinG said:

Thanks for the input.  Didn’t know the T-straps were still good for use but I do like what I came up with and it’ll help going for Lancer.

The Velcro at the bottom of the flax vest is something I was thinking about but don’t like this cummerbund/pouches and the Vest need some work too.  I need to shorten the sleeves. 

ACtC-3eOvM7ScN04iSfzuI2FTM-9vqFSwFYtIp96

The boots is what I’m wondering about making them look acceptable for lancer, but little by little it’s getting there.

Just wondering how much more I might need to just make basic for now, was hoping to get it before my Birthday in a few weeks but oh well.

I think you're pretty close for basic approval right now. Basic clearance will depend on your GML, but if you hide the dangling straps on your drop boxes and adjust your butt flap then you should be ok. Feel free to show us some final photos and we'd be happy to give it a one last look.

From your photo above, does your flak vest only have ribbing on part of the sleeves?

Out of curiosity, where did you get your boots? Are those Imperial Boots? For Level 2, you would need to do the requisite cuts to match the Sierra Sneaker pattern, then paint the soles a single "wheat" color. Acrylic paint is recommended for painting the soles. Also, I can't tell from your current photos, but if your boots are from IB, then I think there's also some small horizontal stitches on the 1" velcro that need to be removed.

• Like 1

The dangling straps on the drop boxes, I got a bit lazy I guess but I wanted to be sure they were dropped the right length before cutting, easy fix.

My butt flap which is more like a butt cape,  lol  I’ll be fixing this week.  It’s a few inches to long but on top of that, I think it may be to wide, so yeah, got to look it over more.

The sleeves on the vest, you know I didn’t even notice that still you pointed it out.  It only has ribbing on part of the sleeves as seen in the picture.  The bottom half does not, is that going to be a problem???  I so would not recommend the person SC recommends, not happy with what I got and I’ve notice some of the Velcro is coming off as it was not sewn that good.  I’m going to take up an inch on the sleeves also cause they are just a bit to long.

I’ll be adding some Velcro to the vest so it can attach to the cummerbund, the vest is short so I got to see how high I can get the cummerbund (without making me sing soprano) so it can make good contact with the vest, I guess about an inch should do for contact.

ACtC-3ebPaBWhg6ZEZeVAhfZZTx_cTcF0cxg5edm

The boots say Kamino Foot wear inside and seem real leather but some of the parts seem like they just used ember’s glue cause it seem to be coming out at a few areas.

ACtC-3deF2IeP4HtNjkOyxeEAJpKmgMrAbW6WU0M

It doesn’t have any cross stitching in the back so I think I’m good there but the top stitching for the soles was my concern, would that be a problem? 

ACtC-3d3gupyLPVxDTM4wT3mmS-qi5Hu9kg-Evom

The boots seem nice but the sole is not as deep as I would have like.  Might need to get them resoled with some deep hiking threads. 

ACtC-3fjHoXz8c_tdwuMUJJ5R27oWPu8Mi4O3q4g

I did check the deal with the boots that have a cross stitch I the back.

I’ll be checking to see if I can get some wheat color acrylic paint to see how it looks

Put the hole in the bottom of the back armor so the tank sits better.

ACtC-3eh6EFvkTieh7er4crmMXB55rFyQUXOTZmp

ACtC-3c1irStipql-XOv7swvrZzl23pwgw-qDXA9

ACtC-3fz0oiwBNwbselt3x2eqXdeblV8-1AJ7F9q

Little by little, I think I’ll get most of it done this week.

Hi Edwin,

Great work getting your tank to fit properly. It looks solid!

For your flak vest, the CRL basic description says "Raglan sleeves are padded and ribbed." I would double-check to see if your GML will accept the vest for basic approval. For Level 2 the ribbing would definitely need to go all around the sleeves as per the CRL photo.

I have to admit that I haven't seen that brand of scout boots before. From what I can tell, they should clear basic approval, similarly to the Imperial Boots. There are some elements of the boots that would make it difficult for Level 2 clearance though -- the cover strip along the front edge of the boot looks really wide and the sole stitches are showing.

Again those are Level 2 issues. Let's focus on the bright spots -- I do think you're really close to basic clearance right now. Again, we're always happy to take a look whenever you're ready!

• Like 1

Really good progress Edwin! You're in good hands with Chopper!

If you haven't had the chance I would recommend reaching out to your local Garrison to touch base with your GML. Since you're in the Bay Area that would be the Golden Gate Garrison: http://www.501stggg.com/

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve done a few fixes on the suit.  I was thinking of sending these pics to the GGG in the Bay Area to try and get basic approval.  I put them here first to see what you guys think.

Fixes:

Cut down the tail flap and made it much smaller, also tighten up the leg straps and brought them up about 1 to 2 “.

ACtC-3es3qFH5sQNAKPpsr5DA1vCX35ahYQmvMyY

ACtC-3cGAGEPRQGhCBQvTOt9h4gEu59giwHG_2eX

ACtC-3c4cl_KF6z1Rci_to2AtVI6HwDhaoaIXrNm

ACtC-3dBB93i4na3HF4toDe5dWe-iECdWNalETYE

On the Vest I took up the sleeves about an inch and added some Velcro on the front to attach to the cummerbund

On the Cummerbund I added the Velcro for the bags and for the attachment to the vest.

Things I will still be working on for possible level 2:

I still want to make my own cummerbund and cod, I don’t like this one, and the maternal is the same as the bags which I thought are suppose to be different.  The bags on this one are a bit to big to me, by about an inch both tall and wide, so I’ll be making some new bags also.

I’m not to sure about the vest, I might try and tailor it a bit more.

I’m working on a 2nd helmet that more to level 2 specs

The one I have I got on ebay from and guys who had it put together and he said it was just sitting there, it's a SC.  I got it and it was a bit worse off than I thought so I took it apart and redid it also remove the old decals and put on some new one I got from Trooperbay.

ACtC-3clz--79mooPGDZxnJCb8oKvGmV3liulGm7

ACtC-3fPzvSOoeg-3h4Q-QJ_IFVKNgcFKuLJeJZs

ACtC-3czSLlbq0yXd5ckxa5vuWbgypg0gWj30Sq2

I’m also working on another Jumpsuit that I’ll be adding the suede to and which I like the fit better than the one I have done now.

ACtC-3c5CRyZ7zrq7VSQ3ysCL1q2BnlPYAA6VoWV

ACtC-3cTEzVHrHLjMqXolriPTP6kTSei5O1TR2ls

ACtC-3ednSTyAu3oXt6YDkf6IRNJzLUwsobs1ny8

ACtC-3dPMxEE2DOjk_bu3u0h3yLvl9NZnvH3-nro

ACtC-3cnO5Ouz61OjLkx7km9sLde3a4Coxqr1zws

ACtC-3fJ0Zh7OPgKo0_TidOqMS7mOlyg_KY6-d_I

ACtC-3c2C53qkAZOWVACp1uk8OF9nOlaCEz2IFcY

ACtC-3c5ISH19InKD7F90elUzrJILj_QxkDUYVZF

ACtC-3fQ69GGmJ2X99fxVPGjIrhagSZHZxiGAUiz

So...  What say ye??   Good for basic or need more work?? 

I know there may a few things to me, but it's mainly with the cummerbund/cod and bags, I just got to get the right fabric and work on it.  I got the fabric for the bags already, just need some time to cut up a pattern.  Should had wore the belt a bit more lower in these pics, not really an issue.

Was going to put in my submission, application and pictures, just wanted to get any last commends here. 

Anyway, any critiques and comments are welcome.

I would try to pull your bund up a bit, so there's no black showing between the armor and bund. Adding some velcro to the flak vest can help to keep the bund from slipping down.

Pulling the bund up would also make it show less under your belt as well.

I don't think that issue would prevent basic approval though. Good work overall!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I would try to pull your bund up a bit, so there's no black showing between the armor and bund. Adding some velcro to the flak vest can help to keep the bund from slipping down.

Pulling the bund up would also make it show less under your belt as well.

I don't think that issue would prevent basic approval though. Good work overall!

Yeah, thanks, It all comes back to the cummerbund.  I did add Velcro to the vest Only in the front center, but it just seem to hang down still, it hard raising it, not much room.  Was thinking about butting Velcro on the armor front to help in that, has anyone ever done it that way?  Was wondering, but I am looking to make a different bund and separate cod which I can work with more, this set give no play for me.

Hey Edwin! Nice job with the adjustments you made. Your set up looks good. Chopper gave you good advice regarding the bund. I know your bund and cod piece are sewn together as one piece so raising it makes it a bit more challenging. However it looks like your cod piece tucks in between your legs just a bit. If you loosen the strap in the back so the cod piece lays in the front rather than pulling in between you legs that may give you the 1” or 2” you need to pull up the bund.

I did attach Velcro to the back of my flak vest as well as the front to keep the bund from sagging or sliding down. I also put some Velcro along the top of my bund which attaches inside of my chest armor to help lock everything in place.

Chopper has a great post on keeping stuff together while trooping that you can read here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/18894-some-tips-for-keeping-your-scout-costume-together-while-trooping/&tab=comments#comment-170156

It’s worth a look if you haven’t seen it.

Great job on everything and good luck with your app for Basic approval. I’m pulling for ya!

2 hours ago, EdwinG said:

Yeah, thanks, It all comes back to the cummerbund.  I did add Velcro to the vest Only in the front center, but it just seem to hang down still, it hard raising it, not much room.  Was thinking about butting Velcro on the armor front to help in that, has anyone ever done it that way?  Was wondering, but I am looking to make a different bund and separate cod which I can work with more, this set give no play for me.

I have two pieces of velcro on the front of my vest and one on the back. That seems to keep the bund from sagging.

I also think part of the issue is that your armor is sliding backwards on your torso. I put some additional velcro on the shoulder areas of my vest, which attaches to the front shoulders of my chest armor. It keeps things from sliding around.

Again -- I think you're good to go for basic approval, so take these suggestions as merely "refinements".

You can see how I have everything rigged up from the post Dennis linked above:

lDKlJGZ.jpg

20 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Hey Edwin! Nice job with the adjustments you made. Your set up looks good. Chopper gave you good advice regarding the bund. I know your bund and cod piece are sewn together as one piece so raising it makes it a bit more challenging. However it looks like your cod piece tucks in between your legs just a bit. If you loosen the strap in the back so the cod piece lays in the front rather than pulling in between you legs that may give you the 1” or 2” you need to pull up the bund.

I did attach Velcro to the back of my flak vest as well as the front to keep the bund from sagging or sliding down. I also put some Velcro along the top of my bund which attaches inside of my chest armor to help lock everything in place.

Chopper has a great post on keeping stuff together while trooping that you can read here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/18894-some-tips-for-keeping-your-scout-costume-together-while-trooping/&tab=comments#comment-170156

It’s worth a look if you haven’t seen it.

Great job on everything and good luck with your app for Basic approval. I’m pulling for ya!

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen it yet.  Great page, awesome ideas, will definitely be using it for reference.

I have a question, in making the cummerbund, what’s the best material/fabric to use??

In the CRL it states not to use canvas or duck cloth as used for the bags but in Studio Creations web site they state using two layers of duck cloth. 

The one I purchase from the recommended person on the SC site was made of duck cloth, same as the bags (which I don’t really like).  CRL says polished cotton or mercerized cotton fabric for cummerbund and cod. 

Any insights, opinions or wisdom anyone want to share??  Looking to get some fabric to maybe make my own cummerbund and cod.

You can totally get basic approval for your scout with a canvas bund.

As per the CRL: "Made from white fabric and may be lightly weathered."

The items you're referring two are for "Level 2 approval" or "Lancer", which is optional.

"Made of smooth white cotton fabric

Polished cotton or mercerized cotton is preferred. Canvas or duck cloth is not permitted."

We all love Jeff at SC, but I'd gamble that the website info on soft goods is out of date.

If you're looking to get some fabric for a Level 2 approvable bund, I'd look around at Jo-Anns for some smooth white cotton fabric. You're looking for something very slightly thicker than bedsheet fabric, so it doesn't show though, but is similar in terms of appearance. We don't require "polished" or "mercerized" cotton for Level 2 b/c those materials can be a bit tricky to find, hence the term "smooth, white, cotton fabric".

If you’re planning to redo your own cummerbund Edwin and looking for fabric recommendation you can check out my build thread here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/21137-dennis-scout-wip-lancer/

The first post has my material list with links to the items at Jo-Ann Fabrics, Amazon, etc. The material I used for the bund was a 100% cotton sateen. There’s other fabric options out there so shop around. There’s also instructions for how to measure everything out for the bund in my WIP too if you need it.

Cory really knows his stuff so like he said, you should be good for basic approval with your current setup, so get your submission going and then you can always change things out and redo pieces at your leisure later.

I got to thank you guys, this is some good info, wish I've seen this earlier but it’s definitely cool and useful now. 

My first goal was to have something done by Halloween, that was done.  Now I’ve finished up on details to submit for basic and I believe I got that. 

Next is to refine things to try for Lancer so this info is extremely helpful.  Everything I’ve been trying to put together has been trying to follow the CRL for Lancer, as far as the armor is concern that is pretty much done minus the 2nd helmet I still need to finish.  The boots and other soft parts is what I still need work with for Lancer and with this kind of info (and my new sewing machine) it'll help get me a few step closer to that goal, so yeah, thanks a lot.

I was at Jo-Anns today and didn’t find the polished cotton or mercerized cotton that I would have like (did get the duck canvas and poly-fil stuff), they did have something close just not as shiny as the lady put it.  I’m going to check one another spot and if I don’t find it, I’ll just go with the stuff from Jo-Anns.

I when ahead and submitted my app to the 501 and also sent an e-mail to the GML of Golden Gate Garrison with some pics to get this all going.  Now I’m just wondering how long it might take before I hear anything back (like a little school kid, waiting for his test results.  Lol ). 

Hopefully soon

• Like 3

Good luck brother! Hope you hear something soon. Keep us posted!

I was wondering if anyone ever used something else to cover the threads on the boots, like maybe white Shoe Goo

Also does any one have a pattern on the cummerbund, cod and bags or just dimensions?  The info I’ve seen and I got is pretty much the dimensions of the set I have now which I don’t like or believe is correct.  For sure the bags are 1 inch taller and wider.  Trying to see if I can start on some smaller bags this weekend.

A pattern for the pouches can be found here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/19200-pouch-dimensions/

I did create a pattern for the Cod and have it posted in my build. It was based off of one that Strider made some time back. His thread can be found here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/17305-lancer-build-tutorial/

My adapted Cod pattern:

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e7e2ada14e91/Strider%20Cod%20Template%208.5x11%20printable.pdf

My build thread referenced above has info on constructing the bund but no pattern as the overall length will vary from scout to scout. You’ll want to keep the overall width between 8-9 inches.

With the exception of the pouches, you’ll most likely need to tweak suggested measurements and any patterns you use so that they fit you best.

Dennis has got you going in the right direction for your soft goods. He’s correct in that it’s important how it fits you so you’ll have to work with the dimensions a little to make it work to your frame. You can make patterns from packing paper or I even made patterns from empty cereal boxes. It’s always helpful to have pictures so once you start getting things together take a few pics and it’ll give us a better idea of how best to guide you.

I’m not understanding what you mean about the white shoe-goo on your boot threads. Can you elaborate on that a little?

14 hours ago, Retrofire said:

Dennis has got you going in the right direction for your soft goods. He’s correct in that it’s important how it fits you so you’ll have to work with the dimensions a little to make it work to your frame. You can make patterns from packing paper or I even made patterns from empty cereal boxes. It’s always helpful to have pictures so once you start getting things together take a few pics and it’ll give us a better idea of how best to guide you.

I’m not understanding what you mean about the white shoe-goo on your boot threads. Can you elaborate on that a little?

Yeah, I'm going to see how I make the patterns or just draw on the fabric.  I'm trying to come up with something that may give a little play for the CB.

The Shoe-goo I was talking about was to some how hide the stitching on the boot cause on my boots it's exposed so I would have to maybe add some material or cover it in another way of which I was thinking white Shoe-goo.  I was just wondering if anyone had ever tried or done something like that (sort of like a caulking, sealant type thing).

It was just a thought.