Best way to attach snout?

Aradun

Okay, my RS bucket has the snout recess painted black and the original snout greeblie was attached via a screw that went into the aerator. Easy peasy removal.

I’m putting in a Ukswrath audio system and recreated the scout piece with UK’s greeblie and a new backing plate. I am looking for advice on how to secure the new greeblie and backing plate to the bucket.

Should I scrape away some of the paint from the snout recess and glue the snout baking plate/greeblie to the bucket with E-6000?

Should I use some double face tape instead, and if so, is there a particular tape/brand I should use to ensure a secure and lasting connection?

Are there any other options to consider?

No need to do any heavy surgery. I used some Scotch Exterior Grade double sided tape. The snout part isn't going to fall off, but it's also not horrifically difficult to take the greeb off if you need to.

https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Products-Weather-Resistant-Double-Sided-Weather-resistant/dp/B004E2PS5M

• Like 2

No need to do any heavy surgery. I used some Scotch Exterior Grade double sided tape. The snout part isn't going to fall off, but it's also not horrifically difficult to take the greeb off if you need to.
https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Products-Weather-Resistant-Double-Sided-Weather-resistant/dp/B004E2PS5M

That’s what I was leaning towards but wanted to confirm with the pros. Thanks [mention]Chopper [/mention]

I have an RS as well but am terrified to do any external changes to it. However, I love mics. Especially ones that flow well and positioned logically.  I'll be watching to see how it goes for you. I had a great audio system in my Altmanns but the speakers were in the ears and mic inside the helmet behind the snout. I'd love to know how this works out for you here. 

Also, I always kept a second set of TD greebies and snout greeblies in my pouch. Velcro already stuck on the back side of the greeblie with the other velcro side pre cut shape ready to stick if needed. That way if any primary greeblie bumped and popped off at a troop, I had the emergency set to slap on real quick and I could pocket the primary one that came off and figure out what was wrong later. You can seamlessly continue on the troop...although remain frustrated under the bucket thinking how to fix the problem for next time. But I agree here, the good double sided tape would probably work well here and be easy.  

• Like 1

I’m working on a build thread for this and will post it shorty. Great advice on the Velcro [mention]evnltr [/mention] thanks!

I’m keeping the RS Greeblie in my trooping bin just in case. I’ll keep a little self stick Velcro on hand now too. The Scotch double face tape should be arriving today so hopefully I’ll have something posted by the end of the week.