NathanZX10R's Scout WIP

Nathanzx10r

Nate, rest assured your mom and family will be in the thoughts and prayers of my family.

• Like 1

If we lived a lot closer Nathan I’d let you do all of my sanding and I’d happily tackle all of your painting/weathering lol.

For some reason your images are showing as broken links in TT. I’ll have to bounce over to the forum to see if the issue persists.

• Like 1

Woohoo... Getting closer. All painted flat black, the scope itself was finished with matte clear, scope ring was given a satin clear, scope mount to the blaster was given a graphite rub finished with matte clear. The illusion of multiple parts to make up the completed scope. 

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-10kjs-Qsxi-EO.

• Like 1

Go easy and slow removing that painter’s tape from your scope. It lifted some of the black paint as well as chipped the red when I removed mine. In hindsight, I should have scored it lightly with an exacto knife along the edge of the tape to prevent it from chipping the red when removed. The black was less of a concern b/c I just converted it into weathering.

6 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Go easy and slow removing that painter’s tape from your scope. It lifted some of the black paint as well as chipped the red when I removed mine. In hindsight, I should have scored it lightly with an exacto knife along the edge of the tape to prevent it from chipping the red when removed. The black was less of a concern b/c I just converted it into weathering.

Done and done sir. Toned down the red a bit by misting a little black over it again, then sealed with 3 coats of matte clear. 

0627211123-HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Didnt know what I should do with these... I assumed they were just like the rubber fins used for the E-11 and lightsaber grips.  Soooooo... Flex Seal it is lol. At least it will give a rubber grip to hold onto. 

0627211153-HDR.jpg

OK, So I am not 100% happy with the color. I mean its not horrible, but I think I can get it better. I used a matte black base and used a graphite rub on the metal parts then sealed it with a matte clear. However, it turned out a little too gunmetal for my liking.  So I am going to buy a jar of Charcoal powder, same as the graphite power, just a darker color.  I will give a charcoal rub over the existing gunmetal finish and then seal it in a satin clear this time. 

What are your thoughts? Good as it or a darker finish?

204566979-4761750130507475-2342072946024

OK, took my cod piece down to the seamstress to have a longer strap added to help with the cod crunchies. Of course there is a very attractive woman working the counter and I already feel odd enough about coming into the shop with a big white space diaper. So, me being shy on top of it all, try to explain what the issue I am trying to resolve is. She was just looking at me funny LOL.  So I break out my phone and just show her a picture of my submission pictures and point to the crunchies. She just looks at me and say's "god I hate those too" LOL. She suggested I try the longer strap first, then if needed she would open the backside up and add more padding or a piece of thin plastic cut to the shape of the cod. So, that part is done. 

I wasn't 100% happy with the gunmetal finish I was going for on my DLT-19X.  I am 100% sure it was user error in how to paint, because I hate it LOL. So I decided to get a Charcoal powder to apply to my existing finish to try to darken it up, and used satin finish this time and not matte.  I think it greatly improved the finish, what do you think?

204299318-4768091273206694-4580873972416

• Like 1

OK Folks... This is it, this is the best I can do with the tools I have & my abilities. I still need to do some dry brushing and wire for cooling fins, but here it is. I hope I get it approved, because I can't do any better then that LOL. 

0630212351-HDR.jpg

• Like 1

I can't imagine you having any issues with approval for that rifle. Very nice work.

• Thanks 1

OK... I guess I didnt offically need approval to use my DLT-19x... I figured since it was a large part of the overall suit it would need GML approval. However, it was given the green light to use for trooping. Thanks everyone who followed this portion of my build.  

• Like 1

I am adding a part to my DLT... It really needs scope glass in it to make it look right. So I custom did this to fit in the scope. I am painting it glossy black, so it will give that reflective glass look against the matte black scope body. 

0711211355-HDR.jpg