RoTJ Biker Scout Lancer WIP

After today I am stopping my build as I really don't feel like carrying on at the moment, I have drilled holes for 10mm rivets and am now being told to use acetone and spare abs to make paste etc from other groups and I am seriously at my wits end with it all, so far this has not been an enjoyable experience for me recently and i am definitely questioning wether to continue. I am sorry of i have caused any offence!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rightio..

Hi Phil, 
Thought I'd pop over as you mention on the UKG you have a Lancer build going on. 
I reckon we can salvage this. ;)
If you used the rivets above that fine, those are correct. What you have there are 4x8mm rivets - the 4mm refers to the diameter of the rivet body, 8mm the length. 
Whoever labelled those as 10mm is wrong.

But now you have the holster off.. I reckon you could use the same holes to re-mount the holster by re hemming the top of the boot to be a bit shorter.
By looking at your pictures I think you'd have enough of a margin that it would still sit around the right distance below your knee armour. 

I'll post on you UKG WIP as well. 

Andy

Thanks Andy, im waiting on some vinyl for the holes at the bottom to patch fix i can reposition closer to the top no problem its just a case of covering the holes at the bottom

I feel I must apologise if I have spoken out of turn, I was very frustrated last night, on a personal note I have been using this build as a way to help me with my mental health and like all battles some days are harder than others. I hope I havent caused any offence.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Philscratch said:

I feel I must apologise if I have spoken out of turn, I was very frustrated last night, on a personal note I have been using this build as a way to help me with my mental health and like all battles some days are harder than others. I hope I havent caused any offence.

No worries buddy.  I think we've all hit a point where we want to take all this plastic and chuck it out a window.  But it's just plastic and it's all workable.  We're here to help!

• Like 2

Can someone please let me know what I am measuring for these rivets please? I've measured the head of the rivets and the smallest ones I have are 4mm and they are tiny2ddff4713f64c436e4a8cf1646e3eb45.jpg

Can someone please let me know what I am measuring for these rivets please? I've measured the head of the rivets and the smallest ones I have are 4mm and they are tiny2ddff4713f64c436e4a8cf1646e3eb45.jpg

Phil, your measuring the head of the rivet, the part that is actually exposed on the holster. I’m think 1/8” would be 3.175mm, but I’m not sure if that size is available over the pond. Check with your UKG mates. The 4mm might be the equivalent you’re looking for. It looks right in your photo, but double check to be sure.

On a side note, I’m really glad to hear that you’re going to see this through. We’re all pulling for you!

Am I allowed two strips of velcro down the back of my cummerbund as I had to get it altered as I had lost a lot of weight from ordering to delivery

Am I allowed two strips of velcro down the back of my cummerbund as I had to get it altered as I had lost a lot of weight from ordering to delivery

I’m guessing you mean to add another 2” strip of Velcro on the left side of the CB next to the original. I don’t think it would be an issue because it wouldn’t be seen. Hopefully [mention]Chopper [/mention]will chime in with some advice here.

Hey Phil, is that the inside of the bund or the outside? Which velcro strip is the new one?

Hi Phil, thanks for clarifying. Again, I'm terribly sorry to say this, but you'll need to remove the stitching for one of the velcro strips. Only one should be showing externally, which is why I asked if this was the inside or the outside of the bund.

Don't worry, as this shouldn't be too bad of an adjustment! The velcro on your bund, when fitted properly, should be about at the middle of your back. Regarding the excess portion, you'll need to open the vertical seam at the end of the bund and trim and fold the extra fabric. Then you can resew the seam closed again. As with all things, measure twice, cut once!

Capture.JPG

The measurements were right when I placed the order back in May, I have lost a substantial amount of weight since then due to corona, my softs only arrived at the end of august, I just feel the more I continue the more errors I am going to make and I am never going to achieve the 'standard' despite help from yourselves and following other wips and the crl to the letter.

Man, I really don't know.... Because the CRL's don't say you can't have multiple attachments, it just says "Closes in the back with 50mm hook and loop.  If it said Closes in the back with (1) 50mm hook and loop, then it is what it is.  People gain and lose weight, that's what humans do... Besides me, I just gain weight LOL. In all fairness, the level two requirements in the CRL do not say anything about this subject so holding someone back because of this would seem unfair in my eyes. 

You have to follow the CRL, not make up rules as you go along. Yes, the canon scout only had one attachments point, but they had them professional made for them and wore them for a couple days of filming, not multiple years of trooping. Having to make someone buy a whole new soft part if they gain an inch around the belly is just nonsense IMHO.

Level 1 CRL

CRL.jpg

Level 2 CRL

Screenshot-28.png

• Like 1

Thanks for that man, its the same with the rivet situation it just says in the crl that the boot holster is secured by 4 silver coloured rivets.

I find myself in a situation where I can either A) Continue my build myself and dont become part of 501st or B) Sell my part built suit.

1 minute ago, Philscratch said:

I find myself in a situation where I can either A) Continue my build myself and dont become part of 501st or B) Sell my part built suit.

Don't sell anything man... worse case, you trim the excess down a bit and just put one 50mm hook and loop, that's easy to do.  Just make sure you dont gain the weight back anytime soon LOL

Listen, Phil, I know it probably sounds like it's been a lot of rough feedback lately. I really don't want you to get discouraged and give up. Take a break, get some take out food or something, do what you need to do to decompress not feel frustrated.

Believe me, we really do want you to succeed here. Sincerely.

Keep in mind that the CRL is not purely a textual document, it's a combined image and text document. The general centering I mentioned about the seam is because you have been asking about a Level 2 build -- so in our feedback, we have been giving you Level 2 advice. If you're looking for basic clearance, then the centering of the bund in the back is less of an issue.

That said, having two visible sewn strips of velcro in the back of either the vest of the bund would be an issue

As per the CRL Level 1:

Vest: Secured at the back using 50mm (2") black hook and loop fastener.

Bund: Closes in back with 50mm (2") hook and loop fastener.

If the second set of sew lines were not visible externally, then you can close the back with as much velcro as you wish.

• Like 1