RoTJ Biker Scout Lancer WIP

Looking at the CRL images, the top of your boot should sit roughly 2” below your knee armor.

b3373b7741d93dd3fd4b67d2bd85f45a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Philscratch said:

How far away from the boot tops does the knee armour have to be?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There's no specific distance prescribed for Level 2,  but as Dennis said , the crl photo is your best guideline. There is some wiggle room though.

The knee armor should generally fit over your kneecap and should not touch the top of the boot vinyl or go inside your boot. There should be some space in between the knee armor and vinyl, which would be around 1sh to 2ish+ inches. 

There is some leeway, but the fit should be in the ballpark. 

• Like 1

Based on Corey’s feedback, you should be okay Phil, but like they say “a picture is worth a thousand words.” The armorers here are top notch and will be able to let you know if it’s a potential issue for your Lancer app once you kit up and post your photos. There’s more than one way to skin an Ewok. Sometimes the easier fix is to simply raise your knee armor a 1/2” rather than try to lower your boot. Velcro on the undersuit will hold the armor in place and you’ll be good to go. Don’t sweat it for now, as it sounds like it’ll be fine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry not been in touch in a while have hit a wall with regards to my armour, but am hoping to kick myself up the butt and get going again

Looking forward to your getting in the grove again Phil and seeing more progress pics. Let us know if we can be of any assistance with this “wall” you’ve run into with your armor. We’re here if you need us.

• Like 1

Just waiting on softs being altered before I can start fitting the armour, everything is done as far as knees, biceps, forearms are concerned, lid needs couple of more coats of primer before finish painting, then decals, Tank is done just needs fitting properly then decals, working on strapping on sides of chest and back armour and then the tops

• Like 1

You’re doing great Phil and you’re almost at the finish! Keep up the great work and let us know if you need anything.

Boot Holster done!! Thanks to Ross at RWA Creations for building the holster for me after I ruined my original one, Boot holster riveted by myself as per Lancer Spec0ef08d7f0fddd40a5fbf20312380f7a2.jpg804c295d40b35d2617d955705bff2f0e.jpgee874d6b792106b64471fd8dc96f6cdf.jpgcc41911c9b9c8f836dc5fe722680d98d.jpge8fb7be0a320e3d9106d798d999cb784.jpg

• Like 1

Phil my dude, I hate to say this, but you may want to check the placement of your holster on your boot -- especially if you're looking to apply for Lancer after you clear basic approval with UKG.

While there isn't an exact measurement for where the holster should be positioned, if you look at the CRL images, it's maybe a half inch from the top of the boot. That isn't an exact measurement, and there's some leeway, even for Level 2, but it should be generally positioned in the ballpark of the CRL image.

TB_scout_boots.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Philscratch said:

Really? Dammit......i have no way of getting rivets out.......i feel like giving up to be honest now

Yeah, thats a tough one... A mistake that will never be made again.  But you are doing great man, I really want to see you finished. 

1 hour ago, Philscratch said:

Really? Dammit......i have no way of getting rivets out.......i feel like giving up to be honest now

Don't give up, dude. If you get a 1/8" cobalt steel drill bit, you should be able to drill out the aluminum rivets.

Ive taken it off, I just need to find some way of covering the holes in the vinyl made by the rivets at the bottomf494cd0adb736fc7144f6ba63f4c30c7.jpg

You could probably close the holes up with a carefully glued vinyl patch on the other side. 

Thats the plan and possible sneaky weathering to cover any marks, also if i send pics of my tank and cummerbund can you let me know if they will pass level 2 please?

• Like 1

Phil, hang in there brother. You’re nearing the finish line. Not sure what rivet size you used initially, but make sure to use 1/8” rivets when reattaching your holster. It’s a must for Lancer.

Phil, hang in there brother. You’re nearing the finish line. Not sure what rivet size you used initially, but make sure to use 1/8” rivets when reattaching your holster. It’s a must for Lancer.
Whats that in mm? I didnt see a measurement on the crl?

Whats that in mm? I didnt see a measurement on the crl?

It’s not listed in the CRL but it is what was used in the CRL model which is a part of the CRL. I used the incorrect size on my boots and had to switch them out for Lancer. It was one of the changes I had to make in my app. Thought I’d bring it to your attention so you can make sure to use the correct size now rather than have to remove them again when you pursue Lancer.

As for 1/8” to mm, I think it would be 3.175, but I’d double check the conversion. I’m not to savvy on that stuff.

So if its not listed how are people meant to know, I mean no disrespect but as a first time costumer it is incredibly disheartening when you follow the crl as best you can only to be told its incorrect, i used 10mm rivets as was provided in my kit and have drilled holes in the holster for them so if i have to use smaller ones they are not going to be able to fit properly so once again I have to pay for yet another boot holster!!

6 minutes ago, Philscratch said:

So if its not listed how are people meant to know, I mean no disrespect but as a first time costumer it is incredibly disheartening when you follow the crl as best you can only to be told its incorrect, i used 10mm rivets as was provided in my kit and have drilled holes in the holster for them so if i have to use smaller ones they are not going to be able to fit properly so once again I have to pay for yet another boot holster!!

We are limited in what we can put in a Level 1 CRL.  the Legion frowns upon exact measurements and the ones that are in there now have been there for years and are grandfathered in.

The 1/8 rivet thing is all over the various build threads here and has been such a norm that it's never been an issue until recently.  For some reason, there's been this movement toward using larger rivets despite all our advice to use 1/8th. 

A larger rivet will not effect basic approval, but will hold up an app from Level 2.  There are pictures of the rivets used in the CRL and that's what we expect for anyone going for L2.  But because there's been this sudden use of larger rivets, we are currently working on revising the CRL to add "1/8th rivets" to the Level 2 CRL requirements.  Sometimes we can't predict what builders are going to do and the CRL needs to catch up.  This is one of those times.