RoTJ Biker Scout Lancer WIP

The trick is to try and find the spots that are causing it to ride higher up. I've circled a few from your photos. Remember, this is a lot like the helmet. Go REALLY slow and only trim a little bit at a time. It's pretty close as is -- you don't need it to fit absolutely perfect, like lego blocks.

tank3.jpg

tank2.jpg

• Like 1

So here is hopefully, (once I have riveted and attached the elastic) the finished Tabk and back piece, please advise if the tank topler is out of place i placed and measured as best as i could with reference to other wips, I feel my tank is bigger than some possibly? 710af464d356f9b2c8f8723e33cc444e.jpg0c673b4432ec8f67dbf4c763e829a495.jpgcfb8eca2542024462c7c8284da77e171.jpg006b3a9271485323079f350e0ab23bf1.jpg28d7edc477da1a8419a4c4da54a33f9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also i think I am going to have to trim the space for my head to go through the chest and back armour as my head won't fit through or is there a trick to putting it on once its strapped up?

Great work on the tank, Phil. Looks A+!

Your tank topper placement looks ok too.

My front and back armor are connected with a strip of velcro underneath the shoulder bridges. It's easy enough to disconnect one side and pass your head through that way.

My shoulder bridge coverings are wrapped around the top and then velcroed on the bottom, so those come right off and get get re-attached fairly easily as well.

Great work on the tank, Phil. Looks A+!
Your tank topper placement looks ok too.
My front and back armor are connected with a strip of velcro underneath the shoulder bridges. It's easy enough to disconnect one side and pass your head through that way.
My shoulder bridge coverings are wrapped around the top and then velcroed on the bottom, so those come right off and get get re-attached fairly easily as well.
Ive taken the tank topper off as I was told it was off by a couple of mm but now I can't find a decent position for it, would be grateful if you could advise12b5b6ecf98a0b952e403d3927541475.jpg5f0aacbe5c2659d4f52ab164bcb648a2.jpg4ee6d43588aa3cf176dc45f8bde933f4.jpg

A few millimeters, eh? Those are some pretty exacting measurements 😁

The best photo we have of the tank topper is from the Magic of the Myth exhibition.

0ODcIFu.jpg

I would go with your third photo, but I'd bring it just a tiny smidge closer to the back armor.

Also, here's how I have my front and back armor connected:

7rgTUA4l.jpg

oqqOQYml.jpg

ICfZUB2l.jpg

• Like 1

Off the bat, I'm going to tell you not to use filler to attach the tank. It should remain two separate pieces, b/c that's the way it was on screen.
If you don't want it super loose, there are some tricks you can do to secure it, beyond the 1/2" strap:
I cut two slots on the back armor and fed velcro tabs through from the inside of the tank, to the inside of the back armor. Using tabs to secure the tank keeps it fitted flush and prevents anything from flopping around.
lADme1L.jpg

@Chopper how did you do the velcro tabs on your tank/back part? I'm struggling to figure it out did you have to sew the velcro to some material?

Yeah, I made them. I used some leftover 2" elastic and sewed the hook side velcro to it. You can see a bit poking out on the left side of the image.

• Like 1

Yeah, I made them. I used some leftover 2" elastic and sewed the hook side velcro to it. You can see a bit poking out on the left side of the image.
Did you just glue the elastic to the back piece?

No, the velcro tabs are on both ends and there's some corresponding adhesive velcro inside the tank.

• Like 1

Ok ill give it a shot, not sure i have any spare elastic as yet as I am still waiting on soft parts so still waiting for fitting the strapping to knees etc

Softs have arrived today, Boots are amazing quality and up to Lancer spec as is all of the soft parts, now to fit the strapping correctly on armour and sew velcro in key areas for extra security

Awesome news Phil. Looks like you’ll be able to kit up soon. Really looking forward to seeing those photos. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1

Awesome news Phil. Looks like you’ll be able to kit up soon. Really looking forward to seeing those photos. Keep up the great work.
Whats the best way to do kitted up photos with regards to strapping measurements and individual parts?

Here are some shots of the boots, Chefs Creations did them, are they passable for Lancer? I havent yet fitted Boot Holster699b34945a136d70f8d7d120224559b8.jpg033340635bc01fede843038f689097f0.jpg17317a3be5ae062b8fb15275a8c8c724.jpg2100029c7ede28bca77be78f949517b1.jpg472a7b341a8928593a1d6cfc43ae73ec.jpg

The curve on the bottom of your cod looks a little flat for Level 2, but I wouldn't go changing anything until you get fully suited up. The bund also looks a little bit long, but again, it's easier to tell these things once the armor goes on with the soft goods.

When you suit up, you'll also want to check your knee armor position in relation to your boot tops.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Philscratch said:

Whats the best way to do kitted up photos with regards to strapping measurements and individual parts?

Not sure what the UKG requires for basic submission, but all that was required of me was front, left side, right side, and rear shots along with an action shot.  My advisor also requestEd certain shots of helmet, boots, and tank top after the fact just to verify and check a couple of things.

For your Lancer App, just check out some of the approved submissions and you‘lol get a sense right away of how to do your Photos for strap measurements and individual pieces, etc..  For my app, I just went through the CRL and posted photos in that order to verify specs.  Pretty simple. 

6 hours ago, Philscratch said:

I have to alter the cummerbund and flak vest quite a lot for it to be tight, what are your thoughts?7f07d84119aac7ee6e0ef4fc850254a9.jpg

Looking good brother.  This is the exciting part as it all pulls together.  Your flack vest actually looks like a good fit in the photo so I’m guessing that it’s lose in the back.  If so, it’s a pretty easy fix. 

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

The curve on the bottom of your cod looks a little flat for Level 2, but I wouldn't go changing anything until you get fully suited up. The bund also looks a little bit long, but again, it's easier to tell these things once the armor goes on with the soft goods.

When you suit up, you'll also want to check your knee armor position in relation to your boot tops.

Chopper is spot on as always.