RoTJ Biker Scout Lancer WIP

Hmmm, Gorilla Glue is a polyurethane adhesive. You may be able to pop the greeb off by inserting a small flathead screwdriver underneath, just be careful with it and don't force anything.

Yeah so what I would do is use masking tape to tape around the greeblies covering the bicep armor. Apply the green stuff with something disposable and flat like a spare piece of ABS or a thin piece of wood (think tongue depressor) and smooth it level with he rest of the piece. Use some 220 grit and maybe 400 or so to get a nice smooth surface then repaint with some acrylics and seal. Remove the tape and you’re good.

• Like 2

I'm going to my local hobbycraft store on Saturday to pick up little tins of humbrol paints I need red for tank topper, grey for snout greeblie and chest armour indent and black for behind snout greeblie are there any particular ones I should be looking for??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Medium gray for the snout and the chest armor indent. I used the Humbrol #5 Admiral Dark Grey for the snout and chest armor indent. You can also use Acrylics too and they are much easier to work with. Use can use Ammo by MiG or Vallejo Model Color or even Tamiya. If you go with Humbrol keep in mind that is an enamel paint so make sure you give it plenty of time to cure before working with the parts after you paint.

• Like 1

Medium gray for the snout and the chest armor indent. I used the Humbrol #5 Admiral Dark Grey for the snout and chest armor indent. You can also use Acrylics too and they are much easier to work with. Use can use Ammo by MiG or Vallejo Model Color or even Tamiya. If you go with Humbrol keep in mind that is an enamel paint so make sure you give it plenty of time to cure before working with the parts after you paint.
I'll do my best to get the admiral dark grey, do you know what the red and white types are for the tank topper?

You're just looking for your basic white and red colors. Insignia red and insignia white will likely work fine.

• Like 1

Filled the ridges on the bicep greeblie, sanded as close to main greeblie as possible and a coating of black matt humbrol paint, is this adequate to pass lancer? Please adviseaeb5c318e4068066040477889fabe322.jpg8f193f8aa38b01d29482d912a6fbef06.jpg

• Like 1

If you want screen accuracy , weather them with tiny white scratches, as the originals were white resin painted black . There is no silver weathering on a scout . 

Although they are best left just black . 

• Like 1

Back armour trimmed and sanded, will leave underside for when softs arrive as dont wish to take too much off before attaching tank033c8a11d77d60187cb43b120d195ec8.jpga87d6ad320b6286ee64c74ed654b07d9.jpg150b9ff7d7e746629b0ffb93e7d6b550.jpg

• Like 1

Be sure to sand those edges nice and smooth or you’ll tear up your vest and it’ll hang up on you when your donning or doffing your chest armour.

Be sure to sand those edges nice and smooth or you’ll tear up your vest and it’ll hang up on you when your donning or doffing your chest armour.
They're smooth as silk buddy, i know they look jagged on the pics but that's due to the resolution

• Like 2

Ok so I have been informed that I have yo pass basic clearance with UKG before I can apply for Lancer, I will hold off from posting further pictures as I dont want to confuse myself and armourers, to be honest I am struggling with the build at present as it is difficult to get up to date guides especially where the lid is concerned as a lot of wips are either SC, WTF or RS lids and I am building an RWA Lid, which is in 4 parts,

Hey Phil. You don’t need to stop posting just because you have to get basic approval first before you can apply for Lancer. If you build your kit to Lancer specs now it will automatically meet basic approval and then you can use the same submission photos for your Lancer app once approved.

That’s how I built my kit and many others who want to shoot for Lancer do the same. It’s easier to go for Lancer out of the box than to have to go back and change/update your build after the fact.

• Like 2

Phil reach out to [mention]tythetrooper [/mention] as he is has the complete TB kit from RWA and might be able to provide you with some insight on the issues your experiencing with your bucket.

Phil reach out to [mention]tythetrooper [/mention] as he is has the complete TB kit from RWA and might be able to provide you with some insight on the issues your experiencing with your bucket.
Thanks I will do, at present I am ever so slightly sanding down to fit the visor to the main lid the problen lies with the faceplate attaching to visor as i dont know how for forward it goes but will definitely ask him for help!!

Don’t stress yourself too much sir. You most certainly can build to the Lancer spec but we can address those particular pics when you’re ready to submit and post them up in the Lancer submission forum. Best thing now is to focus on your basic submission. The GMLs are only going to focus on that. I was a GML for about 2.5 years so I can help you with what they’re going to focus on.

Can you post up a pic of your helmet showing the areas that are causing you some issues?

• Like 1

Don’t stress yourself too much sir. You most certainly can build to the Lancer spec but we can address those particular pics when you’re ready to submit and post them up in the Lancer submission forum. Best thing now is to focus on your basic submission. The GMLs are only going to focus on that. I was a GML for about 2.5 years so I can help you with what they’re going to focus on.
Can you post up a pic of your helmet showing the areas that are causing you some issues?
I will do i am gonna start back on it tomorrow so will send some pics

@Retrofire here are some shots of my bucket masked up, the main buck still isn't glued yet but I have placed support strips on the inside as you can see, I feel like the faceplate is pushing the visor up and away from main lid, advice on further trimming or areas needing attention would be greatly appreciatedba264a25e98cbdbf245b666878b07a7b.jpgcc4e216cc8f761f28017f85375e44dea.jpgcd904fa41cca3d27426e413a2af7607a.jpg0572f04a8f834b9e4bfd2dcf6a640b18.jpg788a77474d1cf77ed904920a8fac3bb4.jpg23fadf6c87f06b528cc792d23980a0a9.jpgb9e80290c81f22602407cb7862cac79d.jpg66c39463356a6617f973edd02b00a09a.jpg1d0b2b55c38f41ff26b905f20391ed32.jpg

Hey bud, to start you're going to need to start carefully trimming back the U-shaped cut on the top of the visor. I've made some rough marks on your images, but this part of the build calls for small steps and micro-surgery, so go slow!

I think you can also take down the return edge on the top of the faceplate a bit as well. You'll need to leave enough so that you'll have some decent surface area to attach it to the top of the visor. Again, slow and steady on this one.

Also, here's some overall shots of one of the original buckets (compiled photo from Mon Cal), so you can get a sense of spacing and clearance for the faceplate vs the dome portion.

QZjXVkLh.jpg

visor1.jpg

visor2.jpg

• Thanks 1