Odds ‘n Ends WIP pics from Omaha

Omaha Joe

4 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Hey Joe! Any word on when your Scout stuff is coming in? I miss seeing your WIP in my notifications.

Funny you mention that Dennis!!  Waitin’ on the flight suit and flak vest has my WIP at a standstill until I can properly measure for, sew, and fit things like the bund and chest/back pieces, BUT!!!  I got word last Wednesday that it shipped out and is due to arrive TODAY in fact!!!!!

I've definitely been keeping busy with my Sandtrooper in the meantime, but when this pseudo-BBB package arrives today, the wait will be over and my Scout WIP is gonna hit Ludicrous SPEED!!

• Like 1

I do have one recent update from the weekend..!  Received my blaster from 7CS (thank you, Lou!!) and was able to finish up the holster and attach it to the boot..!  ...a little weathering-match and hopefully should be good to go! 👍🏼

50344617016_e59418ce45_b.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome news Joe.  Looking forward to seeing you ramp things up! 

a little wrinkled ‘cause it’s fresh out of the package from Bolivia, but oh my word does this thing fit beautifully!!!  The first day of the rest of my WIP starts NOW!!! 👍🏼

50347015781_2e504ec8f6_b.jpg

21 minutes ago, Omaha Joe said:

a little wrinkled ‘cause it’s fresh out of the package from Bolivia, but oh my word does this thing fit beautifully!!!  The first day of the rest of my WIP starts NOW!!! 👍🏼

50347015781_2e504ec8f6_b.jpg

What was your wait time? I currently have mine ordered almost a month ago... Just trying to get an idea if he is still on target with the 6 week turn around? 

• Like 1

my order might’ve been a little longer in terms of timing from order to delivery...  I placed the order June 6th and was anticipating a mid-late July delivery, but according to KriptonTop, the Bolivian government enacted a shutdown for the month of July which delayed manufacturing and shipping for a month+, but anytime I emailed him regarding the order, he was very quick to respond with updates and let me know when things opened back up...  I’m not sure exactly how backed up the orders may still be, but I’m assuming from his messages that manufacturing and shipping have resumed...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Omaha Joe said:

my order might’ve been a little longer in terms of timing from order to delivery...  I placed the order June 6th and was anticipating a mid-late July delivery, but according to KriptonTop, the Bolivian government enacted a shutdown for the month of July which delayed manufacturing and shipping for a month+, but anytime I emailed him regarding the order, he was very quick to respond with updates and let me know when things opened back up...  I’m not sure exactly how backed up the orders may still be, but I’m assuming from his messages that manufacturing and shipping have resumed...

Yeah, Cant hold him responsible for the shipping issues in the country. He has always been super friendly with me also and answered any questions I had.  Did you order off Esty or direct with him? 

• 2 weeks later...

not much of a progress pic but a WIP pic nonetheless...  a little naked without the bund and codpiece, but just getting the armor sized now that I’ve had the flight suit and flak vest...

50384509962_cc2457e40f_b.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good brother! It’s the home stretch! You’re going for Lancer after basic approval right?

• Like 1

I’m anticipating a few necessary nips and tucks between now and Level 1, and then onto Lancer, but abso-freakin’-lutely!!  It would be an absolute honor to hit that coveted Lancer status, and that’s the goal!!!

• Like 1

You're doing great Joe. Keep taking it a step at a time and don't get yourself frustrated with anything. We're here to help if you need so don't hesitate to reach out.

• Thanks 1

codpiece is coming together, got about an inch and a half of leeway up or down depending on the required ‘sewn curve’ location, but used a piece of stiffener on the inside, as well as the tripled-up black elastic connection per @AradunFF’s tutorial!!  I’m likin’ where this is but lemme know if adjustments need to be made..! 👍🏼

50412511993_922f9f51e3_b.jpg

• Like 2

The cod is looking good nice work there and on your riding patches and thigh straps. One thing I’m noticing is that your belt weathering is looking a little on the heavy side. Remember that less is more with the weathering you don’t have to add too much to get that well worn Scout look.😉

• Thanks 1

haven’t yet gotten to knocking back the weathering, that’ll come in the next week; been in ‘bund/cod mode’ all weekend...  all seem to be fitting pretty well, except maybe to cut back a few pounds and a half inch or so of gut girth which is on my plate as well so to speak..!  Anyway, just need to shore up the top of the bund and find the right placement for the pouches...  the attachment tabs of which are an intentional afterthought to make sure the height hits where it’s supposed to; they’re there, just not sure yet if I want the pouches/tabs to velcro to the inside of the chest armor or to the bund itself; considering both options at the moment...

50422511436_04ecfa7152_b.jpg

50422511426_8041b8be04_b.jpg

50422681117_2245689779_b.jpg

• Like 2

ok, so THIS was quite the s#!tshow, but an educational s#!tshow nonetheless...  the most preliminary of preliminary suit-ups for which I technically have all the components, finished or not...  right arm armor completely slid down, pouches wouldn’t stay on with double-sided tape even for one dang pic, ugh...  looked more like a blooper reel from RotJ; it was a mess 🤦🏻‍♂️...  the plan this weekend is to literally sew up any loose ends and add velcro, velcro and MORE velcro!!!  My mother, who has helped me IMMENSELY on the soft parts with her amazing seamstress skills, as well as being my official costumer/wrangler through this TB process, and I had the BEST laugh taking these photos!!

50430673283_413f57c26d_b.jpg

50430673328_18bb2bed08_b.jpg

• Like 1

You're almost there! Don't forget to weather your bund/cod/pouches! I dig the weathering on the armor.

Velcro helps so much with suiting up. I recommend velcro under the bicep armor pieces and the knees. (I had problems at first with troops where my knee armor would slide down and hit the top of my boots).

• Thanks 1

ok, so THIS was quite the s#!tshow, but an educational s#!tshow nonetheless...  the most preliminary of preliminary suit-ups for which I technically have all the components, finished or not...  right arm armor completely slid down, pouches wouldn’t stay on with double-sided tape even for one dang pic, ugh...  looked more like a blooper reel from RotJ; it was a mess ...  the plan this weekend is to literally sew up any loose ends and add velcro, velcro and MORE velcro!!!  My mother, who has helped me IMMENSELY on the soft parts with her amazing seamstress skills, as well as being my official costumer/wrangler through this TB process, and I had the BEST laugh taking these photos!!
50430673283_413f57c26d_b.jpg  
50430673328_18bb2bed08_b.jpg

Lol! You’re outta uniform son!

I’ve been there Joe. It took over an hour to get my basic submission photos just right. My 15 year old son was my wrangler. We’d take a couple of shots, look the over everything and invariably find something had shifted or wasn’t quite right and do a retake. Took forever because I knew I’d be using the same photos for my Lancer submission and every detail would be looked over with discriminating eyes to ensure all was just right so I wanted to get it right the first time.

I was holding off on adding Velcro to the undersuit for biceps, etc. until I was approved so that I could make sure that I had everything in it’s proper place. Wrong! I should of done that first and then taken my pics.

Once you get things secured with Velcro you’ll be fine. I have no issues with wardrobe malfunctions while trooping because everything is locked in tight and secure.

For what it’s worth, in spite of all your foils while taking pics, you look fantastic! Excellent job!

8 hours ago, Barber said:

You're almost there! Don't forget to weather your bund/cod/pouches! I dig the weathering on the armor.

Velcro helps so much with suiting up. I recommend velcro under the bicep armor pieces and the knees. (I had problems at first with troops where my knee armor would slide down and hit the top of my boots).

definitely gonna hit it with a light weathering after final assembly’s complete and a heavy coat of velcro 👍🏼

5 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Lol! You’re outta uniform son!

I’ve been there Joe. It took over an hour to get my basic submission photos just right. My 15 year old son was my wrangler. We’d take a couple of shots, look the over everything and invariably find something had shifted or wasn’t quite right and do a retake. Took forever because I knew I’d be using the same photos for my Lancer submission and every detail would be looked over with discriminating eyes to ensure all was just right so I wanted to get it right the first time.

I was holding off on adding Velcro to the undersuit for biceps, etc. until I was approved so that I could make sure that I had everything in it’s proper place. Wrong! I should of done that first and then taken my pics.

Once you get things secured with Velcro you’ll be fine. I have no issues with wardrobe malfunctions while trooping because everything is locked in tight and secure.

For what it’s worth, in spite of all your foils while taking pics, you look fantastic! emoji41.pngExcellent job!

Thanks Dennis!!  yes, DEFINITELY out of uniform!!  Hahahahaha!!  but agreed, gonna make sure everything’s well secured before submission pics for any Pathfinder level are taken..!