CyberCraft Biker Scout helmet

JuiceIBox

I'm new to the pathfinders forums so sorry if I am doing something wrong, but I bought a CyberCraft Biker scout helmet back in December and have been working on it for 2 weeks now. I haven't seen anywhere that their build was not accepted in the pathfinder back in December, but recently there has been one post that said there were better helmets. I just want to know that the money wasn't wasted on something I can't use to join the pathfinders officially. The helmet is currently being worked with, but in tge morning I can provide photos if that will help. To anyone willing to look it would greatly be appreciated. 

I believe what you saw was in response to someone who had not yet purchased a helmet and was asking about different helmet vendors. Whether or not the helmet is approvable is a slightly different question and, as Stroker said, would come down to us seeing more photos of the product.

Biker scout helmet cybercraft https://imgur.com/a/MR1yruW

I just made a post that should be easier to vuew all the photos. I tried to get a comprehensive view from every angle. The grooves in the back were sharper than before so I used epoxy to make them smoother like the original. If you need any specific photos let me know. Thank you again for your help guys. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sebastian, so the Armory team has taken a close look at the CyberCraft helmet and our consensus is that there are a number of inaccuracies.

Because basic approval is up to your local garrison's GML, you'll need to get in contact with them to verify whether or not they'll accept it.

As a detachment, if a trooper were to apply for Level 2 (Lancer) with that helmet, it would not be accepted.

So, yeah. I'm sorry to give you some not so great news, but a lot will depend on what your GML says. I encourage you to reach out to the Florida Garrison's GML to see what they say.

Hey Jonny,

This particular helmet really toes the line on the "Helmet is true to the shape of original screen accurate helmet" portion of the CRL. I've already said it in several other threads -- there are better helmets out there for your money.

Aside from the overall shape and proportions being generally off, the connection between the side and the faceplate is non-existent and the visor guard surrounding the faceplate is just one massive chunk, as opposed to having a return edge.

Outside of the RS/Strider/Cf0/Lonewolf helmets, which are either screen derived, or really really close, most of the helmets on our vendor list are somewhere between the 80-100% accuracy mark. I don't think this helmet makes the >80% cut, but, as I said, basic clearance is the GML call.

• Thanks 1

Perfect.  Thanks. I did notice the overall shape was different, but just wanted to see if there were any other major differences.  I have scout kits from Walt's, SC as well as KS.  Just trying to narrow down what would be best for approval(and stay within my own kit building abilities🤣) and use the others for custom kits that were my own design.  Thanks for you help

Cheers