RWA creations scout trooper build

• 1 month later...

3fc73e6994100140bcc81da6ed8b3fbb.jpg
Had a little bit of fun suiting up today to see how it would look.
A quick question if I may, in regards to attaching the elastic to the armour I see a lot of people use Velcro. Is it wrong or for too glue with E6000 instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tythetrooper said:

A quick question if I may, in regards to attaching the elastic to the armour I see a lot of people use Velcro. Is it wrong or for too glue with E6000 instead

To attach the elastic to the armor? That's not a super common method, but as a contact cement it should work. I've used E6000 to attach elastic to my silicone sandy handguards, so it should be ok with ABS as well.

For best adhesion I'd recommend putting E6000 on both the armor side, as well as the elastic side, and then letting the glue off-gas for like 5 minutes before joining the two.

And as with all things, I recommend you test it on one part before gluing all of your elastic!

You don't need any of bottom 3 parts for your helmet assembly. All you need are the rotator bolts at the top, and the black plastic nuts just below them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tythetrooper said:

Excellent thanks again chopper.
Just wondering is there any costume your working on at the moment or plan to in future

What am I working on? I've currently got a stalled ShoreTrooper Captain that's hanging over me and really need to finish.

• Like 1

It’s like that isn’t it. I’m close to finishing this scout and about 70% finished on a Boba Fett ROTJ which is painful but fun. I really enjoy the build part.

10 hours ago, tythetrooper said:

It’s like that isn’t it. I’m close to finishing this scout and about 70% finished on a Boba Fett ROTJ which is painfulemoji15.png but fun. I really enjoy the build part.

I hear you guys. I got a stalled Endor Commando that’s been sitting idle for months. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tythetrooper said:

How much more is left to do on it

I need to finish sanding and painting the helmet doughnut.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

c043f2424477f2c3773c384f2fb3a7fa.jpg
A lot still left to do but thought I’d throw it all on to give myself a bit of inspiration to finish it.
Still have to finish belt,cummerbund attachment, pouches, side attachments of chest and back, tank on back armour, zip ties on shoulders helmet and a llittle painting.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to your approval and joining the ranks as a fellow Scout. Good luck Ty!

• Like 1

I expect that you should have no issues with approval. Nice work.

• Like 1

Good luck with your submission Ty!

As a note your tank is riding really low so you may need to trim a little of the bridge straps to raise it up and it'll help align the back and chest armor as in the CRL photo.

TB_bikerscout_full.jpg

You've done great work and looking forward to hearing good news!

• Like 2

Looking forward to your approval and joining the ranks as a fellow Scout. Good luck Ty!

Thanks you