My DLT-19x print!

Been a while in quarantine and still working night shift at a job where there is nothing to do but watch youtube vids. So naturally, I fell down a rabbit hole and long story short, bought myself a 3d printer. My goal for my first big print was the DLT-19x to accompany my Scout Trooper I'm currently working on. I finally got it all printed after about a week straight and it looks so good! 

Haven't glued everything yet as I want to sand a bit to minimize the layer lines as much as possible. Also need to get some airbrush paint to give this baby a sweet paint job. All in all, I'm stoked it turned out so well especially since my 3d print experience started about 2.5 weeks ago. 

More pics to come as I finish her up! Thanks for looking!

IMG_7458.jpg

• Like 3

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting into 3D printing. Would you mind sharing what printer you ended up purchasing and whose DLT-19x files you used for your build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely! I printed on a Creality CR-10 v1. Pretty much straight out of the box it worked like a champ. Files are free from thingiverse (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3940279) and it printed perfectly in scale, no need to mess with the scale settings. Cheap filament because I intended on sanding and painting so color didnt match. It has been an experience setting up 12hour prints and going to bed/work, but I'm excited to get this sanded this weekend and start painting. 

That looks great! I'm about to dive into 3d printing. I held off due to the prices,but it looks as they are in my budget now. The DLT-19x will definitely be my first print! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Just remember, the 19X has no bipod. :)

Yeah the files have a piece that can be printed with or without the bipod. I think the rifle in general looks way sleeker without one. 

5 hours ago, troygordon2 said:

How did you print the barrel and shroud without all the support material between the 2?  I'm printing one myself now, and clean up is a MESS.

Straight up. I put a thick brim on it and stood it straight up. Bridging hasn't been a problem either. Works like a charm.

1 hour ago, clayorrnot said:

Straight up. I put a thick brim on it and stood it straight up. Bridging hasn't been a problem either. Works like a charm.

Running a test print on a barrel part with no supports except for the build plate.  That area between the barrel and the shroud is a support nightmare, and I plan on molding and casting copies so don't want the gap in there anyways.  Good luck!  Love the weapon shape and design, can't wait to get mine finally put together (along with the rest of my Scout uniform).

1 hour ago, troygordon2 said:

Running a test print on a barrel part with no supports except for the build plate.  That area between the barrel and the shroud is a support nightmare, and I plan on molding and casting copies so don't want the gap in there anyways.  Good luck!  Love the weapon shape and design, can't wait to get mine finally put together (along with the rest of my Scout uniform).

Yeah I'm from the world of customizing 1:12 scale action figures so I'm used to fixing tiny mistakes so little problems like support marks hardly phase me anymore!