Hip armor attachment question

I am a little confused as to how the Shoretrooper grunt/captain hip armor is supposed to be attached.  Do the tabs go inside the abdomen armor or on the outside?  When I try to put it on the inside, it doesn't flare out quite like it should.  I would put it on the outside, but wouldn't that affect the way the belt sits?

13 minutes ago, Thrawndike Bar said:

I am a little confused as to how the Shoretrooper grunt/captain hip armor is supposed to be attached.  Do the tabs go inside the abdomen armor or on the outside?  When I try to put it on the inside, it doesn't flare out quite like it should.  I would put it on the outside, but wouldn't that affect the way the belt sits?

It goes on the outside of the tabs.  You just need to pull your belt tight over the whole rig. 

The hip armor/belt/thermal detonator/ammo pouch/ab armor setup is the most complicated part of the costume!  But it all works together well once you get it on.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

It goes on the outside of the tabs.  You just need to pull your belt tight over the whole rig. 

The hip armor/belt/thermal detonator/ammo pouch/ab armor setup is the most complicated part of the costume!  But it all works together well once you get it on.  

Oh okay, thanks!  Yeah, it's taking me a little while to decipher how that area all goes together 😂.  

28 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

The hip armor/belt/thermal detonator/ammo pouch/ab armor setup is the most complicated part of the costume!

As I've discovered while working on my own ST Captain, this is why most people choose the squad leader... :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

As I've discovered while working on my own ST Captain, this is why most people choose the squad leader... :)

I was tempted to switch to a squad leader for a minute there, but I just love the look of the hip armor and ammo pouch.  😁

• Like 1

I just did this real quick. Hope these help.  I'm sure other folks have different ways of doing this, but this has worked for me so far.  And I can get dressed by myself.   Something I can't do in my Scout!

First goes the ab armor with ammo pouch already attached.

c2a20970f14f3f153ef0f3f0b63669a0.jpg

Then I clip on the hip armor to the front (sorry Paul, I split your fauld in the front because I wanted to put it on like a belt instead of a skirt!)

89fc6ae402d7f6cae9e36e71d2488e91.jpg

Right now the fauld is not connected in the back

661ed7cb910d2e7df86e17953cbd2dfb.jpg

Then I put on the belt, pulling it under the ammo pouch strap and attaching it to some velcro I have on the front of the ab armor.

dfeb0662f66ba1a263183518e3e5cfd8.jpg

Then in the back, I loop the right belt strap through the belt clip I bought from Rob Kittel, that I glued a snap onto with E6000.  I use that snap to attach the opposite snap on the fauld.  I've also inserted the plate that closes up the ab, which is held in place by rare earth magnets.  

c192be2e57beb4bada157b9eb36a5f55.jpg

Then I put the TD plate on top!   Done!

7ccbf0c57f25469139824e9d58085147.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

I just did this real quick. Hope these help.  I'm sure other folks have different ways of doing this, but this has worked for me so far.  And I can get dressed by myself.   Something I can't do in my Scout!

First goes the ab armor with ammo pouch already attached.

c2a20970f14f3f153ef0f3f0b63669a0.jpg

Then I clip on the hip armor to the front (sorry Paul, I split your fauld in the front because I wanted to put it on like a belt instead of a skirt!)

89fc6ae402d7f6cae9e36e71d2488e91.jpg

Right now the fauld is not connected in the back

661ed7cb910d2e7df86e17953cbd2dfb.jpg

Then I put on the belt, pulling it under the ammo pouch strap and attaching it to some velcro I have on the front of the ab armor.

dfeb0662f66ba1a263183518e3e5cfd8.jpg

Then in the back, I loop the right belt strap through the belt clip I bought from Rob Kittel, that I glued a snap onto with E6000.  I use that snap to attach the opposite snap on the fauld.  I've also inserted the plate that closes up the ab, which is held in place by rare earth magnets.  

c192be2e57beb4bada157b9eb36a5f55.jpg

Then I put the TD plate on top!   Done!

7ccbf0c57f25469139824e9d58085147.jpg

Wow, that is super helpful! Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
17 minutes ago, BlizzardScout said:

That is super helpful Mickey. I couldn’t figure out how my Mr Paul’s hip armor fit into the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy to help!   I split my MP fauld in the front because I didn't want to step into it and pull it on like a skirt.  Thought it would be easier to attach like a belt.  But your mileage may vary!

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, Lonetrooper13 said:

Great pictures, literally worth 10,000 words!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You're very welcome.  And I bumped you up to 501st access!

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, chimei said:

what is this piece? just some ABS with a snap?

1883834613_Hips-3.jpg.a9c28e3b7540125994897094c22c63df.jpg

Yep!