Hokie1 Biker Scout WIP

hokie1

Hello All!  My name is Hilary from Virginia and I have been reading up on all the great build threads and have taken the plunge into building my first costume.  I have squired a few times for some friends in the 501st and am ready to join fully now.  I want to try my best to achieve Lancer status with this build and will be posting photos to get your feedback as I progress.  I'm looking forward to great feedback from this group to help me achieve Lancer status if possible. 

My build list is as below.:

Hokie1 Build List

·      Helmet: Modified Altmanns

·      Armor: SC

·      Blaster: DVH Rubber with Metal Guard

·      Gloves: Wampa Wear

·      Balacalava: Amazon

·      Cummberbund: Steph’s Imperial Outfitter

·      Pouches: Steph’s Imperial Outfitter

·      Vest: Steph’s Imperial Outfitter

·      Flightsuit: Modified Wampa Wear

·      Boots: Will follow tutorial here

• Like 1

Here is my modified Altmann's helmet.  I am curious to feedback if anything else is needed for Lancer status use. 

I replaced the gray bolts with accurate bolts and inserted the headwear (which I bought in this group).

I see a chin cup is optional for Lancer.  What is the opinion of most on adding them?  I feel like it is not needed. 

Thanks and looking forward to the comments.

Helment Front.jpg

Helmet Back.jpg

Helmet Left.jpg

Helmet Right.jpg

Helmet Interior.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stroker said:

Welcome Hilary! Helmet looks good! I personally like the chin cup. Now I'm have had it pop me in the teeth a few times. Anything you wanna ask we're happy to answer! 

Thanks!  Is there a clear tutorial you recommend for adding it? 

7 minutes ago, Adm_Ragu said:

Thanks!  Is there a clear tutorial you recommend for adding it? 

Not that I can find right off the bat. It's optional for Lancer at this point. If you don't really wanna add it you don't have to. Don't feel pressured to add it. 

2 hours ago, Adm_Ragu said:

Gloves---

Gloves.jpg

Remember you will need to cut off the small tab that holds both gloves together, it’s a super quick fix. Your list looks like you have it all planned out. Also I would see if there are any biker scouts in your local garrison to help with the boots. I made my own the first time following a similar tutorial. I learned a lot during that build but less than a year latter I’m in the middle of making a new pair since they were a bit sloppy the first time out. But they are a fairly easy thing to learn to make.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Remember you will need to cut off the small tab that holds both gloves together, it’s a super quick fix. Your list looks like you have it all planned out. Also I would see if there are any biker scouts in your local garrison to help with the boots. I made my own the first time following a similar tutorial. I learned a lot during that build but less than a year latter I’m in the middle of making a new pair since they were a bit sloppy the first time out. But they are a fairly easy thing to learn to make.

Thanks.  Didn't catch that we needed to do this on the gloves.