SC Armor + Helmet? Or different helmet?

I'm researching my first build, and for the armor I've heard that SC is a good choice, but I've read somewhere that the helmet tends to run small, and is more favored by female scouts.  I'm an average sized dude, 5'10" 175lbs.  My head is right around average.  So my question is:  is this true about helmet size?  And if so, which other vendor has the best option for a comparable price?  Thanks!

The best helmets on the market are from RS Props and the CFO/Lone Wolf.  So if you want to spend the extra money to get the most accurate helmet you can, go with either of those.

Kropserkel offers a comparable helmet to the SC and you can buy it as a kit for not too much money.  Avoid their armor though. 

MonCal also has a great helmet on offer, but he does his kits in runs so you have to pay attention for when he is having his next one.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BikerScout007 said:

The best helmets on the market are from RS Props and the CFO/Lone Wolf.  So if you want to spend the extra money to get the most accurate helmet you can, go with either of those.

Kropserkel offers a comparable helmet to the SC and you can buy it as a kit for not too much money.  Avoid their armor though. 

MonCal also has a great helmet on offer, but he does his kits in runs so you have to pay attention for when he is having his next one.  

Thanks!  Can you verify if that rumor is true, that SC helmets run small?  They offer a helmet + armor package that looks enticing, but not if the helmet is unusable.

SC helmets are "smaller" than most Scout helmets but they aren't tiny.  Here is a Scout wearing SC from head to toe.  He's about your height.

The SC Helmet is a Medium to Large helmet, and is considered only small in the “height” of the dome. That’s where it gets into trouble. If you have a head with a TALL crown, then the SC helmet sits too shallow on your head and is not easy to look out of. Those with tall crowns usually know that they have tall crowns, i.e. they are the people that always have to try on 20 baseball caps to find the 1 that fits right. :)

The RS, Lonewolf and Kropserkel helmets all have taller domes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

the ALT also has a "large" dome and will fit up to a 26inch head size.
ready to go " out of the box" , no kits available .
 cheers
I can vouch for spike, he makes a great helmet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here's my altmanns barn find bucket next to bikerchick's kashyyyk helmet I've obtained.03fd951605570c78bc276665546a4c96.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1