1st suit of armor - Rs prop!

JohnReillis

• JohnReillis changed the title to 1st suit of armor - Rs prop!
  • 7 months later...

And hello again after QUITE a while :D

I finally got my armor! Ordered it during the summer of 2020 for my birthday, it arrived few months after, and I had to send back a couple of parts for some issues that got taken care off entirely by RS props but it ended up being at the same time as their fire incident, so took a bit more time! Thanks to them again for the great service!

Yesterday for May the 4th I went outside for a couple of pics! It was my second time wearing it completely so there is a few things not being worn properly I bet haha!

Now it's time to prepare / tweak so I can fill my application!

-I'll have to add velcro for the leg / arms pieces that are moving around too much!

-The blaster isn't really staying in the holster, is there a way to prevent it from falling? It wobble a bit when walking so I'm sure it could just fly out if I take a strong step!

Take care all :D

02.jpg

• Like 2

Wow! It’s great to see you finally suited up John. It’s been a long time coming. Looking good brother! I’m sure [mention]Chopper [/mention] or [mention]Retrofire [/mention] will be able to offer suggestions for making your blaster more secure.

I personally use magnets, but my blaster has rare earth magnets cast into the rubber.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot :D Yeah really happy to finally being able to dive into it!

Oh good idea! I could 3D print one and have a space for a magnet inside 🤔Or maybe I could find a way to put a magnet at the bottom of the holster to hold it by the metal finger guard?

Also! My helmet has trouble staying close if I look down! Is there a way to fix that?

I used a little piece of hook and loop to secure the faceplate closed on my RS bucket for the same reason. It was just a little lose. You don’t need much hook and loop and I only did it to one side. You may need to play with where you mount it depending on how the gaps are between the faceplate and the bucket when closed. Hence why I only did one side. The gap on the other didn’t allow the h&h to make contact, but like I said one side is enough anyway.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
Thanks a lot Yeah really happy to finally being able to dive into it!

Oh good idea! I could 3D print one and have a space for a magnet inside Or maybe I could find a way to put a magnet at the bottom of the holster to hold it by the metal finger guard?

Also! My helmet has trouble staying close if I look down! Is there a way to fix that?

Don’t look down .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On my rs holster, I used my fingers to prise the holster sides away from the boot material on the rear edge. This gave me enough room to glue a couple of neodymium magnets inside the holster where the blaster trigger guard sits . As the rs blaster has a metal trigger hard, it holds it in place no problem . 446b773d71e8039806c6d3368171a4e0.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/22/2022 at 9:41 PM, CatfoodRob said:

On my rs holster, I used my fingers to prise the holster sides away from the boot material on the rear edge. This gave me enough room to glue a couple of neodymium magnets inside the holster where the blaster trigger guard sits . As the rs blaster has a metal trigger hard, it holds it in place no problem . 446b773d71e8039806c6d3368171a4e0.jpg

Perfect!! I was thinking about using magnets, but haven't thought about putting them behind the holster, that's perfect!

At a convention this week end, I saw one with glued velcro on the guard, and some at the bottom of the holster, but I prefer the magnet solution, it's not altering the look at least.

Thank you Rob!