Do you tie your boots?

Kegluneq

I use elastic speed laces. You can get them at most running stores, or sporting goods stores that sell running shoes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dmorja said:

I use elastic speed laces. You can get them at most running stores, or sporting goods stores that sell running shoes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks, that’s a great idea. 

In the past, we'd just zip tie or use gutted paracord to tie up the first 2-3 eyelets that would be covered by the vinyl, then lace up the rest. I know I'm definitely going to try the elastic laces for my next boot build.

I have these on mine.  I cut the upper ankle portion of the boot off, so the no-tie laces are only the bottom 4 lace holes.  So now they fit more like a slip on shoe inside the faux scout boot upper.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0186Z4YSE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

No I leave them untied.  For whatever reason they stay on my foot no problems.  

• 3 months later...
On 10/16/2019 at 8:02 PM, greenyone said:

I have these on mine.  I cut the upper ankle portion of the boot off, so the no-tie laces are only the bottom 4 lace holes.  So now they fit more like a slip on shoe inside the faux scout boot upper.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0186Z4YSE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’m considering getting these elastic laces for my build.  How snug would you say the boot feels using these?  My feet tend to ache if my shoes aren’t snug or tied tight so I’m trying to figure out how to make them as snug as possible and yet still be able to get the boot on without issue.

9 hours ago, AradunFF said:

I’m considering getting these elastic laces for my build.  How snug would you say the boot feels using these?  My feet tend to ache if my shoes aren’t snug or tied tight so I’m trying to figure out how to make them as snug as possible and yet still be able to get the boot on without issue.

They come with a bunch of different lengths of ties.   I chose to use longer ones that just keep them from falling off my feet.  Mine are about as snug as a pair of lace-less Vans.  I'd guess you can use some of the shorter ones for a tighter fit, but then you run the risk of them pulling out of the lace grommets.  Honestly, you should probably just stick with regular laces if you like them really snug.  

• Thanks 1

I think it was Cheesewhoopy or Pandatrooper that showed in a tutorial he used the lace-ties like these, so I wanted to use those too.

fXQOqSQ.jpg

Weeks passed by and I didn't find them in stores as i was looking in all the wrong places, until suddenly I found them on the rainjackets I was wearing all along xD (I walk in the rain alot)

It's a lot easier than having to tie the laces inside a boot.
I hardly ever use them though. The shoes fit just fine anyway.

So if you want to use normal laces and zip em shut with these things, just check your old rainjacket and/or certain winterjackets. They will be there.