mickeymark34's Studio Creations Build Thread

mickeymark34

Oo i see you drilled a small hole on Tbit greeblies for securing it....

just asking... is that gonna effect with approval latter in time?... if not i think I'm going to copy your method there.

10 minutes ago, kacrut said:

Oo i see you drilled a small hole on Tbit greeblies for securing it....

just asking... is that gonna effect with approval latter in time?... if not i think I'm going to copy your method there.

I never thought of it affecting with approval, perhaps I should look into it thought. I actually used a push pin an slowly worked it through the armor, and the holes it left was perfect for the wire to pass through. It was a little work to get it to pass through and my fingers were a little sore afterwards, but it all worked out.

I know that the SC instructions tell you to use the wire to secure the t-bit but you shouldn't need it. I haven't seen any other armor kits use that method. 

My own t-bits are secured using E6000 and they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

My own t-bits are secured using E6000 and they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Do we Need to sanded first the area where T-bits are going to be glued? or just glue it then clamp it for a day?

Thank you.

*sorry mickeymark34 if i kinda hijack your Thread WIP. 

Edited by kacrut

Yeah I did a bit of sanding on the back of the t-bit and used two magnets to hold it on until the E6000 cured enough.

• 2 weeks later...

4b2f2a52c9308404c9e122323a4dddc5.jpg
I was able to work on my helmet with the help of a friend. We had to make some modifications to get everything line up right, but it’s looking awesome. Needs a little more work, then I’ll seal the gap between the dome and the back and paint it. What have you guys recommended for paint? I could find the thread yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustoleum 2x Painters Touch white primer followed by Rustoleum 2x Painters Touch white gloss or semi gloss. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Rustoleum 2x Painters Touch white primer followed by Rustoleum 2x Painters Touch white gloss or semi gloss. 

Thanks Corey. 

2ab9b6078d9a901350aaa027a37c14b3.jpg
I was finally able to pick up the suede after having to order it at the nearest Tandy Leather shop. Now I can finally finish the flightsuit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

0357ed310bfa56b3e912ef76c02a6125.jpg
I gave my soft goods a tea bath today. I’m hoping to make the pouches soon. I’m going to a build party on Saturday, so hopefully I can make some good progress.

0357ed310bfa56b3e912ef76c02a6125.jpg
I gave my soft goods a tea bath today. I’m hoping to make the pouches soon. I’m going to a build party on Saturday, so hopefully I can make some good progress.

Mark, when you say “soft goods” are you including the pouches and the bund? The CRL requires the pouches to be white or off-white and the bund to be white. I always thought the tea bath method dated back to a time when the pouches were thought to be more natural in color as opposed to white.

4 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Mark, when you say “soft goods” are you including the pouches and the bund? The CRL requires the pouches to be white or off-white and the bund to be white. I always thought the tea bath method dated back to a time when the pouches were thought to be more natural in color as opposed to white.

Just the pouches and some strapping. My bund is white.

• Like 1

I attended an armor party last Saturday and made some headway on my Scout. I attached the tank to the back armor and put the stripes on. My friend Dave helped me sew the pouches.fdaca3e7bc606a6ec971cf3791c52917.jpg
Yesterday, we plugged away and finished the cod piece. We also did the belt and attached the back plate to the chest plate and completed the thermal detonator.154826ae8df8e86211361a36ff994752.jpg
a5d7c72b96b4d6e482b2dc25e1a61b3e.jpg
9587fd49d34de8fdfffa73ec3f291d8b.jpg
b5fdc33a5551347ec2f24c8061616e49.jpg
He started making a pattern for the riding patches but it started getting late. The plan is to finish putting the suede and elastic on the flightsuit, and start on the boots. Also, I have to tweak the helmet and paint it. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 1

Nice job Mark! That was one productive armor party. The finish line awaits!

• Like 1

Last night I painted the rectangle on the chest armor but it bled under the tape I used. Do you guys have recommendations for cleaning it up?caec92acf3bc6bd3c8388cc05eb9de3c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok that type should be enamel. 

You should be able to clean it up with a thin, stiff paint brush, a q-tip, and some testors enamel paint thinner.

I've also taken a wooden toothpick, dipped it in the thinner, and rubbed the excess paint off that way. The wood is generally soft enough to not damage the plastic. 

Be very careful and go slowly, but you should be able to work the edges to remove the drips.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Ok that type should be enamel. 

You should be able to clean it up with a thin, stiff paint brush, a q-tip, and some testors enamel paint thinner.

I've also taken a wooden toothpick, dipped it in the thinner, and rubbed the excess paint off that way. The wood is generally soft enough to not damage the plastic. 

Be very careful and go slowly, but you should be able to work the edges to remove the drips.

Thanks Chopper.