mickeymark34's Studio Creations Build Thread

mickeymark34

If you have a circle template or a big coin that fits the radius, you can use that as a guide for a nice, smooth corner. Just pencil in the curve and follow it with your masking tape.

• Like 1

7c9231bcf35abbc183c493dfc4f9d0c2.jpg

Haven’t done much work on my kit over the last few days, but I’m hoping to find some time to work on it tomorrow. I got my Snout Greeblie and will be looking for paint for it. I’ve read that the grey should match my decals. I guess I’ll be bringing them with me to get a proper match. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The key is that the snout color generally matches the decal colors. You don't want a dark grey snout with light grey decals, but an exact pantone shade match isn't necessary :)

For the SC decals and trooper bay decals, the testors navy aggressor grey is a good choice. 

• Like 2

7a5d920d9a656df9dd7331dfe3fccfca.jpg
I painted my snout flat black. Just waiting on it to dry and I’ll peel the tape off. I pray I get good, clean lines. I’m waiting on the Snout Greeblie color to come in from Amazon on December 5th.

I have ordered a can of Model Master “Navy Aggressor” Spray Paint, by recommendation of other Scouts, to paint my Snout Greeblie. It should be here in the coming days. In the meantime I have taped off the only portion of it that will remain black. Once this is painted, I feel I am ready to move on to the final stages of my helmet assembly. Since I am aiming for Lancer, I will be ordering some Devcon plastic welder so I can fill the seam that will be visible at the point where the dome and back of the helmet connect.
daf841c5c3d17b34670dd7cdf9888b82.jpga46478fc8ce52607fd6dd05dab25ba0a.jpg

574af86e28c435f115a852567dc27709.jpg
I noticed there was a spot that was not smooth above the vents. I added a second coat, and it made it worse. Anyone have any recommendations to fix this?

b2d58d48e0046611a028b46304c18f74.jpg
I’m making some progress on the construction of my helmet. I have CA glued the dome and back together. Next I will be drilling holes to attach the faceplate and visor to the helmet.

I’m trying to switch gears a bit and take a break from the helmet. I will be cutting the holes in my knee guards to attach the elastic, so I can start work on my boots. For some reason our local Lowe’s and Home Depot does not have the Rivets used for this build. They have them, but with White Heads instead of the aluminum. It was recommended to sand the color off. Instead, I finally found the right ones on Amazon and ordered a pack along with some washers. I also ordered 3/4 inch. elastic for the knee guards. Hopefully everything will be here just before Christmas, that way I can get other things rolling.

Ace hardware typically has the silver 1/8" rivets as well. 

I was able to buy them unpainted at Home Depot, I believe they were sold under the Dewalt brand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Made a little progress last night. My friend came over with his sewing machine and helped me sew some straps for my Knee Guards, Forearm and Bicep armor. Time was spent to glue the hook side of the Velcro to the inside of the armor. The T-Bit greeblies were glued onto the Bicep armor as well. We also managed to trim the holes in the belt for the webbing, and thermal detonator. 

4f23ceacd737c4a966504e66bfdda360.jpgb0a83d33b239e05e3bd4f564bb021842.jpg4619864dcfca565689256ebe8ca12e6a.jpg601b3326925d0365fe3dc7755bcfa365.jpg928d81a772310de6693d19b2ded289d1.jpg

• Like 1