Congrats! I have been following your build and it turned out great. Terrific idea on using the elastic cording on the shoulder bridge covers - I sewed zip-tie mounts to mine but there’s no flex, your idea would solve that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

Congrats! I have been following your build and it turned out great. Terrific idea on using the elastic cording on the shoulder bridge covers - I sewed zip-tie mounts to mine but there’s no flex, your idea would solve that.

Thank you!!

Time will tell about the shoulder construction, but it seems to be working and is easy to deconstruct if needed.

• 1 year later...

I decided to make the little duffle bag that is an accessory to the ROTJ scout. I have the body made but had a question about the handles. In the CRL, the handles are attached with silver (take your pick) rivet-esque things and has a tri-glide on each handle. Looks kinda like this (Yes, the Chicago screws are upside down, but I couldn’t get them to balance and stay up otherwise.)

bot9KFV.jpg

With that setup, the tri-glide is completely non-functional (much like the buckles on the hip box straps). With a setup like the following, however, it could be functional and the straps adjustable. But that may not be best for CRL adherence.

1Nw6BYP.jpg
LPA7aUW.jpg

So my question is: can I make it like these latter picture with adjustable straps, or does it need to be like the first picture with a decorative-only tri-glide?