Making a cummerbund, pouches, and cod

I was able to finish my coveralls. I used Mickey’s measurements for the patches since I am the same height. However, I was looking at the CRL and the patches shown there are much larger and now I am worried so made the patches too small. Anyone have any thoughts?

816BE226-C430-49D9-BCEE-B72DE5EAD1B5.jpeg

A4F923E8-43D2-46E6-B804-E2EB4C58DF08.jpeg

D537D531-4310-4169-9694-3125A0899C91.jpeg

They do look a little small, but it's difficult to tell with it on the floor. Would it be possible to post some photos of you wearing it?

On 9/8/2020 at 1:27 PM, Zugor said:

I took a break from the pouches and made my boots.

image2_sm.jpg

Broooo.....these boots look 🔥 🔥 🔥 

1 hour ago, Zugor said:

After looking at some Lancer requests I think I need to redo the patches and take in the straps. Probably should have looked at those pictures before. Oh well.

Hey bud!

You said you took the measurements off my suit, but looking at yours it looks like maybe you used the rear measurements for the front?  You want the front half of the patches to come out a bit and extend down to just about the knee.   Here is my flight suit on a mannequin from the CRL:

TB_scout_flightsuit.png

1 hour ago, Zugor said:

Yeah I screwed up something. Going to see if I can put a second set over the top of the others maybe that will fix it.

It's very common to do the patch in 4 pieces.  That's how mine are done.  

I think the problem is the 15 inch length with my particular coverall and height just isn't right. I need to put my coveralls on and take some measurements to see what will look right.

I suggest maybe forgetting about adhering to specific dimensions and just try drawing a basic pattern for the patches on your coveralls in chalk. Does it look right? Good. If not, wipe it off and try again.

Once you get the chalk dimensions sorted, you can work from there.

Taking Chopper’s advice, you can post pics front and back with your proposed chalk lines, and he or another armorer will mark up your photo indicating what, if any, adjustments need to be made. That way you remove any guess work.