TS-44603's Scout Thread

Hello all! I initially joined up on these boards to build a Shoretrooper, but that was years ago. The other day as I was cleaning out my shed, I stumbled across blueprints I purchased last year to build a full-sized speeder bike replica. I decided that would be a fun project, but what's a speeder bike without a Scout? 😂

I have compiled a list of vendors I plan to use for items, and each item will be updated when I get them. Of course, this list is open to change based on feedback.

Helmet: MonCal (ordered, received)
Armor: MonCal (ordered, received)
Flak jacket: ???
Flight suit: ???
Gloves: Wampa Wear (Ordered, received)
Boots: cheesewoopy (Ordered, received)
Balaclava: Military surplus (have in hand)
Cummerbund/Pouches: cheesewoopy (Ordered, received)
Blaster: DVH (Ordered, received)

Once I start getting more items in hand, I'll get this thread rolling. I look forward to this adventure of becoming a Scout!

• Like 1

That's a pretty solid list.   Personally, there are better boot choices than Imperial Boots.  Check out our Vendor forum -- there are some good boot and soft good makers in there that are superior to IB.

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/forum/156-vendor-sales/

2 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

That's a pretty solid list.   Personally, there are better boot choices than Imperial Boots.  Check out our Vendor forum -- there are some good boot and soft good makers in there that are superior to IB.

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/forum/156-vendor-sales/

Looks like cheesewoopy makes both the cummerbund/pouches and boots. I shall update my list!

• Like 1

Okay, I received my helmet kit today! The 501st member I bought it from said he got it from a Polish maker and didn't list a name, so...

Anyways, the kit seems... off. Can someone who's good at these helmets chime in with an opinion? The helmet is split into 4 parts, with the visor and faceplate having already been glued together. The top and back are two seperate pieces, and the ears have been cut out. The snout greeblie is too big for the snout (though I assume that can of course be fixed by sanding it down to size.)

a2639a22a2.jpg

3b293b5ffd.jpg

c83dd5c6eb.jpg

5a00e7941e.jpg

dbc3500db0.jpg

• 4 months later...

It's my understanding that the Wampa wear suit is not much different than any generic black coverall.... other than it already has the mandarin style collar flap in place.  You'd still need to add the leather patches, butt flap, leg straps and etc...  And given that the collar is probably the most simple modification to make to a Red-Kap, Dickies or any other generic coverall it hardly seems worth the extra cost to fiddle with the Wampa Wear suit.

Having just recently finished my TB build, I can say there does not seem to be a whole lot of flak-jacket makers around at this time.  The two that I know of that are currently taking orders are Steph's Imperial Outfitters on FB.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1517600621664236/ 

and Cucblack/Kriptontop on Etsy (if you dare).  https://www.etsy.com/shop/KriptonTop?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=251066604 

Glad you’re dusting off your kit and resuming your scout build. I took a long break with my build as well but just got recently approved. I hope the remainder of of your goes smoothly. Do reach out here if you need guidance. It’s by far The BEST and most helpful detachment in the Legion. 

For the flak vest I would recommend Steph aswell.

As for the Wampa flight suit: you will need to add the thigh straps, thigh  patches and the butt flap, and for the price you might aswell pick up an red kap or similar coverall, since you still need to add almost everything yourself.

You also have Imperial boots new offering: https://www.imperialboots.com/product/biker-flightsuit/ I haven't seen one in person, and the pictures on the site appears to be the prototype since I cant see the mandarin collar. They also offer a flak vest, again I havent seen one in person, but I am pretty sure (any other armorers chime in here if I'm wrong) that there have been people approved with the IB soft goods.

Thanks for the replies! As it turns out, the WW was NOT the one I was thinking of, I had it mixed up in my mind. 😅

The one I was thinking of actually is the Cucblack suit, I saw it when I checked their page.  After looking at the WW suit, I immediately removed it off my list.

As for the flak vest, I'll shoot Steph a message!

The KriptonTop/Cucblack suit is quite good, and it's custom made to measure. Actually, all of Kriptontop's goods -- flak vest, cod, bund, coveralls -- are quite excellent. The only caveat is that you should absolutely, 100% pay for FedEx shipping.

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The KriptonTop/Cucblack suit is quite good, and it's custom made to measure. Actually, all of Kriptontop's goods -- flak vest, cod, bund, coveralls -- are quite excellent. The only caveat is that you should absolutely, 100% pay for FedEx shipping.

Good to know! I have the boots in hand and most of the soft goods on order. Just looking for the flight suit and flak jacket. After that, all set!

28 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Good to know! I have the boots in hand and most of the soft goods on order. Just looking for the flight suit and flak jacket. After that, all set!

Cucblack/Kriptontop is in Bolivia.  So as others have suggested, choose the FedEx option for delivery and be prepared to wait a month or two for his products.

• 3 months later...

Finally, a long-awaited update! I sat for MONTHS just waiting for stuff to come in, and yesterday, my helmet kit arrived from MonCal! It already looks far superior to the other kit I'd had. Updated my first post to reflect all the items I have in hand now.

7f91a6b808.jpg

I'm still waiting on a flight suit and flak jacket. kriptonTop is all sold out, and of course NOW is when I have the budget to order them. .. Soon though. Soon.

For now, I shall start fitting my armor on over a plain black jumpsuit I have. The helmet requires some sanding and fill work, but it's worth it.