Star Wars Celebration Chicago Planning

BikerScout007

16 hours ago, studio_a_b said:

Can you Change the time of PATHFINDERS PHOTO? Because the Panel of Episode IX is same time...

The photos were scheduled before the panels were announced.  I got the earliest possible slot I could right after the main photos.   I don't want people to have to stand around in costume all day waiting for our turn and I don't want people to have to suit up all over again and then have to get to a location for another shoot.  It just makes sense for us to do the photo while we are all already in costume.

If you want to go to the panel, you'll most likely not being doing photos anyway, since you'll be in line for the hall while the main Legion photo is being taken.

It's unfortunate and I'm not thrilled they picked Friday instead of Saturday to do photos, but we have to do the best with the hand we've been dealt. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sebswgougou said:

Quick question, unfortunatly, I will not bring my Biker Scout costume, I'm from Montreal, so, can I be in the picture with my Pathfinder racing shirt ?

We will try to squeeze in a photo with all Det members, costumes or not, sometime in our allotted slot.  Time is going to be of the essence because there are shoots schedule immediately before and after us.  

Ideally we do a photo of all Pathfinders, buckets on and off.  Then break down by costumes, buckets on and off.  Maybe during the first photo we can get all the folks in racing shirts to kneel down in front of the costumed members.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

We will try to squeeze in a photo with all Det members, costumes or not, sometime in our allotted slot.  Time is going to be of the essence because there are shoots schedule immediately before and after us.  

Ideally we do a photo of all Pathfinders, buckets on and off.  Then break down by costumes, buckets on and off.  Maybe during the first photo we can get all the folks in racing shirts to kneel down in front of the costumed members.

Thanks for the answer! Can't wait to see you all there! I'm not very good in English, it will be a good opportunity for me too practice :)

• Like 2

I'll give it a go and say I'll make the photo, minus my armour, plus my baseball shirt. Should be enough time to recover from the bash the night before.

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2019 at 7:59 PM, studio_a_b said:

Can I do volunteer in front of Speeder bike of Reedpop?

Hi Takashi!

All volunteer sign up available can be found here:

https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=102123

20 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Hi Takashi!

All volunteer sign up available can be found here:

https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=102123

Thank you for your reply.

I already applied for the volunteer.

However,

I think that those are in the multi club area and there are no speeder bike.

20 minutes ago, studio_a_b said:

Thank you for your reply.

I already applied for the volunteer.

However,

I think that those are in the multi club area and there are no speeder bike.

Unfortunately that's all the information I have right now.  The speeder bike does not belong to the Detachment so it would depend on which group brought it.  If it's anything like 2015 or 2017, they usually let Scouts pose on it if they show up to the bunker.  I spent hours at the Belgian Garrison's bunker at Celebration Anaheim and didn't sign up for anything.

HEY PATHFINDERS!!

Looks like the Legion went and changed the main photo time on us.  Apparently McCormick did not want us all gathering out on the steps at 10am on a Friday.  Go figure!

The new time for the Legion photo is Sunday 9am.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zLoaEPL4wbcUFPZw-Ae4l2qRqtr1OWwF35lnMJ02Hpk/edit#gid=42641162

So far, most of the Detachments have kept their photos scheduled for Friday, but now is our chance to decide whether we keep our Friday 11:30am slot (which is on the steps, so I'm not sure if the convention wants us out there) or we change it to another time.

If I had a choice, I'd say Saturday (11am?) at the bunker.  But I want to hear from all of you.  Sound off!

• Like 1

I'm just one person, but I made my travel plans around the original schedule. If the det's change it to Sunday as well, I can't make it. Sorry. 

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I'm just one person, but I made my travel plans around the original schedule. If the det's change it to Sunday as well, I can't make it. Sorry. 

I won't be there Sunday either.  So I'm already out of the Legion photo.   

6 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

I won't be there Sunday either.  So I'm already out of the Legion photo.   

WHOOPS, sorry boss. Serves me right for reading that post without my glasses on. 🙄 I can do Saturday.

• Haha 1

I'm still waiting to find out what the deal is for Friday morning on the stairs.   The Detachments have still kept to the original schedule.  We are waiting to find out if group photos will be allowed there.

• Like 1

Selfishly I'd be ok with it moving to anytime that doesn't conflict with the Ep IX panel (assuming I get in with the lottery). Another thing to keep in mind is the RL photo set for Saturday @ 12:00.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 4/1/2019 at 8:32 AM, StoutScout said:

Selfishly I'd be ok with it moving to anytime that doesn't conflict with the Ep IX panel (assuming I get in with the lottery). Another thing to keep in mind is the RL photo set for Saturday @ 12:00.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Everything is interfering with everything else, unfortunately.   So far we are keeping the Detachment photo at 11:30 on Friday at the stairs.  Most of the other Detachments will be doing theirs around the same time.  

• Like 3

Ok so I'm just making sure of this.  Pathfinders photo shoot is still on Friday at 11:30 on the stairs...correct?  Also, is there going to be a photo shoot for us with the Skull helmets and baseball shirts?  If so, when and where?

47 minutes ago, Rugrat said:

Ok so I'm just making sure of this.  Pathfinders photo shoot is still on Friday at 11:30 on the stairs...correct?  Also, is there going to be a photo shoot for us with the Skull helmets and baseball shirts?  If so, when and where?

Correct on the first part.  If anything changes, I will update on the first post AND on the Google Spreadsheet that was created for organizing the pictures.

As for the skull helmets and baseball shirts..... don't know about this one!   We are going to meet at the Swap on Friday night.   If you all wanted to do it then, that would be fine.  Otherwise I have no info on this.  

Skull helmets talk to rosemarie minx shes in charge of that one or originally suggested doing a skull helmet photo 

I'll be rocking the baseball shirt during pathfinders meet up though :)

• Like 1

I know it's getting late to make a change, but what if we moved the pic up to the Friday 10 am slot the Legion Photo was originally in. This way, the lucky folks who get a seat for the episode IX panel in the lottery can still be in the pic and make the panel by 11 am.

14 hours ago, Ranger Zee said:

I know it's getting late to make a change, but what if we moved the pic up to the Friday 10 am slot the Legion Photo was originally in. This way, the lucky folks who get a seat for the episode IX panel in the lottery can still be in the pic and make the panel by 11 am.

It's not a bad idea.  My biggest concern right now is the forecast.   They are calling for "snow showers".   Pathfinders on Hoth, anyone?

I agree with moving the photo. I’d love to be part of it. But if I get into the panel I’ll be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with moving the photo. I’d love to be part of it. But if I get into the panel I’ll be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
If? I thought the lottery for the panel had already been decided?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk