snout greeblie placement

Looks ok based on what I can see in the google photos. The angles make it hard to judge, but you could always do a bit of sanding on the bottom of the greeb to even it up with the face plate.

• Like 1

Snout placement looks good. I'd also suggest cleaning up the edging on the black nose paint, but that may already be in your task queue.

• Like 1

Snout placement looks good. I'd also suggest cleaning up the edging on the black nose paint, but that may already be in your task queue.

It is. I did the best I could with my limited vision. Gotta enlist TK Hubby to get it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/25/2019 at 7:13 PM, jwnikita said:

looking good, your getting there ... 

try bringing the black up onto the flat part of the ridge.  its goes a little less than half way onto the flat part

looking good, your getting there ... 

try bringing the black up onto the flat part of the ridge.  its goes a little less than half way onto the flat part

IMG_5752.thumb.png.f9dccd970dd0ab84be6df77b5c63f9ae.png

Where is that requirement?

1 minute ago, jwnikita said:

Where is that requirement?

really?:6:

8 minutes ago, 762s said:
really?:6:

Yeah. Haven’t seen that requirement listed in the CRL.

If it should be a certain height up the edges, it should be stated in the CRL. It would be helpful.

Hey there. While there is no specific measurement listed in the crl regarding how far the black paint needs to extend, there are photos of the helmet in the crl, that show the black paint extended onto the flat portion of the nose. You can also see it in the helmet depicted below.

I think what you have now should be ok for basic approval, regardless. 

QBmlZvK.jpg

• Like 1

Hey there. While there is no specific measurement listed in the crl regarding how far the black paint needs to extend, there are photos of the helmet in the crl, that show the black paint extended onto the flat portion of the nose. You can also see it in the helmet depicted below.
QBmlZvK.jpg

So more paint then for Lancer?

QBmlZvK.jpg

Here is where it measures on each side. How much further do I need to go? Please and thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/153VDp7JvzDAoefZGmTdffVQ2Ak2wW_4L/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BfaDo4G6mcE2z8Iquq6bj99nmo-dYlBk/view?usp=drivesdk

its just funny to me how someone suggest cleaning up the edge and you do ...
then someone suggest another detail to improve the look even more and you ask about requirements, what?

if all your going for is what is required then why did you even clean up the edges in the first place?

i was just trying to help your scout out ... wont happen again!

its just funny to me how someone suggest cleaning up the edge and you do ...
then someone suggest another detail to improve the look even more and you ask about requirements, what?

if all your going for is what is required then why did you even clean up the edges in the first place?

i was just trying to help your scout out ... wont happen again!

Dude. I’m trying to aim for Lancer. I’m following the CRL. I,m asking questions because I don’t know. Also, I am visually impaired so giving a clear measurement is more helpful than a vague one. It’s also why following what is listed in the CRL is the process that works best for me.

Everyone play nice or I'm turning the speeder bike around and going back to the bunker.

The paint around the snout is pretty tough to nail down in a description.  In some cases we really do have to rely on photos.  You just need a bit more than what you have.  Chopper's markup to your photo pretty much nails it down. 

• Like 1

Jill, if you want to extend out about 3/8" from where your black area is now and draw a pencil line, that'll give us an idea about how it looks before you commit all the way and paint it.