RS Prop Masters Scout Trooper armor

jkno

Just got this message from Andrea; the biker is getting pushed back.

Hi 

Thank you for your continues support and patience regarding the Biker Scout costumes. 
Quick update to let you know where were at, we are currently waiting on all soft parts to be delivered to us, our guys are working on the plastic parts.
We will be looking at completion in the new year. 
I will have more updates early January. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience, if you don't hear from us have a wonderful Christmas. 

Kind regards 
Andrea and all at RS. 

• Like 2

Yeah got one too...I’m ok with that.  Rather have it done right than rushed.

Im genuinely hoping for out of the box basic approval with little to no work.  Gives me something to shoot for with little by litte, here and there upgrades (Lancer) but I can still troop in it.

Active dad of twins here so...only so much time in the day for extensive builds unfortunately.

• Like 1

Picked up a set of RS Scout Trooper armour from their Pre-Order run, and I'm over the moon to have found this thread! Its great to see others have an in depth look over this set, gives me more of an idea of what I have in store authenticity wise. I'd love to go Lancer, and even if this kit is just basic it's something for me to work towards :) Went for the ABS helmet with all the trimmings (EC-17 included). Happy to see a delay, means it gets the care and attention it deserves :)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, theenglishdjentleman said:

Picked up a set of RS Scout Trooper armour from their Pre-Order run, and I'm over the moon to have found this thread! Its great to see others have an in depth look over this set, gives me more of an idea of what I have in store authenticity wise. I'd love to go Lancer, and even if this kit is just basic it's something for me to work towards :) Went for the ABS helmet with all the trimmings (EC-17 included). Happy to see a delay, means it gets the care and attention it deserves :)

With the usual quality from RS, Lancer should be an easy one for you.

Unless something turns out drastically wrong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theenglishdjentleman said:

Yeah.  I’m in the same boat and concur wholeheartedly.  Hoping for basic out of the box with Lancer something I can aim for.

and also ok with the delay!

5 hours ago, PhilBobTheFish said:

With the usual quality from RS, Lancer should be an easy one for you.

Unless something turns out drastically wrong.

I'd be really surprised if something did.  I have their snow trooper, tie pilot and x-wing pilot costumes and all of them are fantastic

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just saw this and the video they put out.   I think the soft goods have been massively improved and the armor looks great.  

The boots are always going to just miss the mark though.   An actual boot is never going to look like a leather-wrapped Sierra Sneaker!   

• Like 3

Definately improved, nice to see them put in the effort!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Thanks.  I'm interested to see what folks think of the red label helmet, once it's out there. 

Oh man so tempted... Helmet looks good so far.

What ya think? will it be ready before midsummer?

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 7:49 PM, BikerScout007 said:
I just saw this and the video they put out.   I think the soft goods have been massively improved and the armor looks great.  
The boots are always going to just miss the mark though.   An actual boot is never going to look like a leather-wrapped Sierra Sneaker!   

That's why I took out the boots of the order after checking with them, if they plan to update there.

I think the red label might be cheaper because of another construction, maybe it's a three piece which would eliminate some of the glueing, filling, sanding, painting.

Yeah, the red label uses a single fiberglass dome with an abs face plate and visor. That'll seriously cut down on construction time and effort, which is reflected in the cost. 

It's a smart compromise. Just curious how it turns out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rmille63 said:

Imperialboots are making the soft parts for RS.  Here's a link to their page showing each part in more detail.

Soft parts

Also, I contacted Andrea today and she said the parts are in the final stages and we'd have them before Celebration

Yup. Lots of discussion about that here:

I guess there's actually a choice now for gloves. From now on you can ask a biker " nice gloves man. RS or WW?"

The Biker Scout 'soft parts set' includes an ...  Imperial Hat... hmmmk.

I ordered a red label helmet. Here goes nothin'!

4 hours ago, Digger said:

I guess there's actually a choice now for gloves. From now on you can ask a biker " nice gloves man. RS or WW?"

The Biker Scout 'soft parts set' includes an ...  Imperial Hat... hmmmk.

I ordered a red label helmet. Here goes nothin'!

your forgetting the originals ... espirits ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone heard any updates on this?  Was told by Andrea that people would have this in time for Celebration and obviously that's not the case now.  Sent a message asking about it earlier this week but haven't heard back yet.

• Like 1

Andrea is on holiday from what I gather. Spoke with two members of their team and they said the kits are in the painting area and awaiting the last bits of the soft part alterations. Shouldn't be too long, waiting on my set too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk