It's Election Time Again!

Chef

It's that time of year again folks.

The past 12 months have been a time of monumental change here within the Pathfinders and it has not all been plain sailing.

But that said, I would like to have think we've held off a weather helm and kept a good course.

The recent and tragic loss of Jim, my good friend and Executive Officer has hit us all hard, some harder than others but it has highlighted to me what it means to have a good team and a good wingman.

And it is with that loss I have decided that I am not going to continue my stewardship of the Pathfinders.

Jim and I never held our positions because we felt they incurred some position of power or status. We held them because it was our solemn duty to do so to you the members of the Pathfinders.

We stepped up because there were some big decisions to be made and some definite directional choices that needed to be managed.

We came at a time when there was a huge bump in the road and there was a lot of work to do.

Most of which I would like to think we accomplished without any real undue upset in the workings here.

The Shoretrooper was ensconced here within our ranks, and with the diligent work of the team, the level 2 specs have been set in place.

The new forum skins to reflect all the costumes here have been provided to allow you all to tailor your forum experience to your personal needs.

The Armoury Teams were expanded to incorporate more of the core members here to allow them to pass on their valued knowledge to you all.

Changes were made to the CRL's to better reflect some of the newer details that we had discovered or clarified in recent times, and the addition of the 'long rifle' onto the main CRL was a small but important inclusion that has been years in the coming.

We implemented the "vendor policy" to at least try to give some protection back to the membership and be responsible to you all, in a way that we would expect our vendors to be also.

The 'Rebels' Scout is on the verge of being accepted onto the roster due to the hard work that Pete, Steph and Jim put in over the past year. The completion of that I would like to think will be part of Jim's enduring legacy.

So with that it is time to hand on to the next generation and I hope that who ever is to come after me will do so not with the thought of "I must be the Pathfinders CO", but one of "it doesn't matter that I am, the position changes nothing".

And in stepping down, I can assure you all that nothing will change here for me either (apart from less governance and more freedom). I shall remain, I'll continue to support you all as best I can. I'll offer guidance and opinion just in the same fashion as I always have.

If, in the end there are no nominations, I shall accept my pending one just to allow you all to ask the questions of your prospective new CO because I feel that it is right that nobody should just walk into a position, but they should be there to justify their desire to those who they wish to represent.

It's been a good year, and despite the heartfelt loss of Jim's passing, I have to recount the words of Yoda.

Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the force. Mourn them do not, miss them do not.

Jim... We did good. You'll always be here. Never gone, never forgotten.

Tip of the spear.

• Like 13