Eternal Legionnaire - Jim Griffin

Chef

Were it not for Jim, I too, probably wouldn't be here. He gave me a tremendous amount of help and encouragement with my build. It was my first costume and his help was instrumental. He was a good friend, mentor, and trooper.

Very sad news

Jim touched so many lives all over the world, we are all forever richer knowing him.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Buckets Off

• Like 2

*buckets off*

Jim was a very talented and passionate trooper. Had many words to say but said them perfectly where he wouldn't offend anyone (if it were even possible) my condolences to his family and hope they stay strong in this time of need. May Jim's passion and kindness live through everyone he's touched and move it forward. Thank you brother for everything you have done.

Rest in peace

It's heartwarming to read all these stories how Jim touched everyone. I worked with him in various capacities here and his passing will leave a big hole. We'll miss you, brother.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your kind words, I am sure Jim would have brushed them all off as 'Ahh, it's nothing!'.

Anyway, Steve Leahy (Spec Ops CO) and I have been chatting and considering that Jim was just as passionate about the Spec Ops detachment, probably even more so than here and we are going to organise a joint memorial patch run in honour of Jim and as a fundraiser for Jim's family / charity of their choice.

We'll keep you updated on this as we progress.

Thanks

Rob.

• Like 4

:( Just wanted to say although I never met him I have seen him around as a very helpful man to everyone on here

I really appreciate everything hes done for biker scouts, may he be remembered

• Like 1

Wow... Such sad news. Jim was a great guy and to say that he'll be missed is a massive understatement. My condolences to his family and friends.

I haven't been in touch with Jim personally but remember him from his positive activity around the boards for quite some time which earned him a well deserved place as the keeper of this place as well as a place in the memory of quite a lot of us attending the BSN and Spec Ops.

My condolences to his family and all who were (as) close to him. Very sad news :(

To all our brothers and sisters in Pathfinders I extend my heartfelt condolences. I know across both Pathfinders and Spec Ops we are all feeling very similar things. I can with certainty state that Jim was probably the closest friend I had without us ever meeting in person. We spent the last 6 or so years working together in Spec Ops. We traded roles around between DL, XO, and webmaster in that time and spent many hours working together. There were phone calls and so many messages. Jim was someone you aspired to be like. He was smart, he was kind, he could stand his ground, and he could offer grace. Every time I see his avatar my heart breaks just a little more at the loss. Spec Ops stands together with all our brothers and sisters in Pathfinders as we all mourn this loss together. The best thing we can do is never forget the positive influence Jim was and strive every day to emulate his example.

With heavy heart,

Steve

Spec Ops DL

• Like 7

I just saw this posted on Facebook in WTF’s page, and had to come here to find out if it was true. I tried contacting a friend in the Star Garrison to find out where to send flowers or something, but he seemed to think the memorial services and whatnot are all already done and past. Such is his family’s choice.

I’ll never forget Jim helping me get in touch with Lewis over a blaster SNAFU. I thought I was just going to be robbed of a few hundred dollars until he brought me hope. You died too young Jim. Too many of us owe our very existence in the legion to you. I will see you in Valhalla, brother.

Why don’t we do an in-memoriam patch run for Jim? He’s touched so many lives. Maybe we can get the patch maker to donate the proceeds to his family or a charity of their choice??
Chef mentioned a few posts back that memorial patch is being planned.
  • Like 1

Chef mentioned a few posts back that memorial patch is being planned.

It's definitely in the works

• Like 4