5/8 15mm elastic?

Anyone finding this online or stores?

All I see is 5/8†FOLD OVER elastic bands.

Will this work if I just cut down the middle?

Pay that no mind. You need 1" for the lower and .5" for the upper elastic. That's the correct size as of now for the knee.

• Like 1

are you all serious!!! yeah, i have ordered all elastic.

5/8†is not the right size????

3/4†is not the right size?????

cmon. what else is incorrect?

and while we are at...

what is correct!

seriously... who what or what guide are we using and wich is correct?

There are some bad metric to imperial translations in the CRL. I always just round to the nearest half inch. the difference between 1 3/8 and and 1.5 is 1/8th of an inch. Imperceptible to the human eye.

• Like 1

Mickey - please pm me the correct sizes and I’ll modify things. I want to make sure we are clear and correct on everything. What’s there now was based on the latest Armoury team discussions. Thank you sir!

• Like 2

Mickey - please pm me the correct sizes and I’ll modify things. I want to make sure we are clear and correct on everything. What’s there now was based on the latest Armoury team discussions. Thank you sir!

Everything looks good on the 501st.com CRL other than the knee strapping:

"The upper strap is 15mm (5/8") wide and is riveted to the top sides of the knee armor.

The lower strap is 20mm (3/4") wide and passes through the lower sides of the knee armor."

I always thought we said lower strap as 1 inch, but if it's 3/4s it's 3/4s.

The real problem is the 5/8 -- that should definitely be 1/2 inch.

I think that's the only one that's off. All the other 1 3/8s etc. seemed to have already been cleaned up!

• Like 3

thanks for jumping in on this guys and getting things corrected!

i just brought some of this strapping issues with knee up last week(i believe) and it gets a bit confusing and frustrating when things are different and people have different numbers of what it supposed to be used.

:thanks:

• Like 1

thanks for jumping in on this guys and getting things corrected!

i just brought some of this strapping issues with knee up last week(i believe) and it gets a bit confusing and frustrating when things are different and people have different numbers of what it supposed to be used.

:thanks:

All good dude. We did some major CRL clean up in the last year and sometimes a few things slip through the cracks. We are definitely not trying to make this HARDER for anyone hahaha

• Like 3

I just checked a print out I made of the Lancer standards from late Summer, it def says 1" on the bottom and 1/2" on the top. Not sure when the change to 5/8" happened, but it was probably sometime in the Fall.

Is the agreement from the armorers that the thinner strapping is still on the top?

• Like 3

Everything looks good on the 501st.com CRL other than the knee strapping:

"The upper strap is 15mm (5/8") wide and is riveted to the top sides of the knee armor.

The lower strap is 20mm (3/4") wide and passes through the lower sides of the knee armor."

The real problem is the 5/8 -- that should definitely be 1/2 inch.

I think that's the only one that's off. All the other 1 3/8s etc. seemed to have already been cleaned up!

Thanks brother, I appreciate the confirmation. I also thought we had agreed on the 1" strap size, then the armoury team decided 3/4". Maybe Constantin could weigh in on that one, but if we agree -- can change it. :)

I've modified the Legion CRL to reflect 1/2" on the upper knee strap. It's LIVE now.

Knee Armor

For 501st approval:

• Gloss white, semi-gloss or lightly weathered.
  • Black elastic is used to secure the armor around the leg.

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Knee armor has two elastic straps:
    • The upper strap is 12mm (1/2") wide and is riveted to the top sides of the knee armor.
    • The lower strap is 20mm (3/4") wide and passes through the lower sides of the knee armor.

[*]Rivet remains silver in color.

• Like 2

I just checked a print out I made of the Lancer standards from late Summer, it def says 1" on the bottom and 1/2" on the top. Not sure when the change to 5/8" happened, but it was probably sometime in the Fall.

Is the agreement from the armorers that the thinner strapping is still on the top?

Yep, smaller on top -- for sure. Now we ALL need to agree on 1" versus 5/8" on the lower strap. :)

• Like 4

I say 1" or 3\4" those sizes are very easy to acquire. I know for sure the movie scouts had smaller elastic on the bottom,but that's for another day.
3/4 seems right

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5bU7TNBGsXOWUI0QjJKcFowZDg/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

looking at the pic bikerscout007 posted ...

8 elastic lines on the top

12 on the bottom

and whats with the 3 layers of strapping :D

using 4 lines as a 1/4"

so to me .. 3/4" on the bottom if the top is 1/2"

• Like 2

Not to throw a wrench in this, but the bottom looks about twice the width of the top strap. So that would mean 1" for the bottom and .5" for the top.

• Like 3

Not to throw a wrench in this, but the bottom looks about twice the width of the top strap. So that would mean 1" for the bottom and .5" for the top.

The more I stare at it the more I think you're probably right!

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm inclined to set it back to that exact measurement.

1" for the bottom and 1/2" for the top. What says everyone?!

I'm all in.

threw in it photoshop ....

now, i know the elastic will shrink in width when stretched but, to get a 1" strap to goto 3/4" is alot of stretching

and as well items are not all at the same angles

just something to look at ...

i still say its 3/4" on the bottom

(click image for full size)

f4RR9Cn.png

edit:

looking at it like this ... it maybe 3/8" on the top and 3/4" on the bottom as the darker red square doubled up is close to matching the strap on the bottom ... 3/8 x 2 = 3/4 ...

and the 2 rivets on the top strap are slightly bigger than the strap ....

hahaha :blink::D

now, i know the elastic will shrink in width when stretched but, to get a 1" strap to goto 3/4" is alot of stretching

f4RR9Cn.png

edit:

looking at it like this ... it maybe 3/8" on the top and 3/4" on the bottom as the darker red square doubled up is close to matching the strap on the bottom ... 3/8 x 2 = 3/4 ...

I can't say you don't make a great case.

f4RR9Cn.png

edit:

Keep in mind this pic is from Gino. It's not the actual movie or onscreen scout. He's provided great information and has awesome insight into the Biker Scout parts and pieces. However, strap sizes are still debatable. We need to consider what elastic strapping was available between '77 and '83. Was it sourced in Europe or the US? It's been a long running debate here on BSN. :)

I have updated the CRL and standards to be 1" for the lower strap, and 1/2" for the top strap.

• Like 4

Thanks for working through this and clarifying, armory team.

• Like 2

Keep in mind this pic is from Gino. It's not the actual movie or onscreen scout. He's provided great information and has awesome insight into the Biker Scout parts and pieces. However, strap sizes are still debatable. We need to consider what elastic strapping was available between '77 and '83. Was it sourced in Europe or the US? It's been a long running debate here on BSN. :)

I have updated the CRL and standards to be 1" for the lower strap, and 1/2" for the top strap.

Totally works for me, we can always revisit this.

• Like 2