First Test Fitting Today

ForesterDesign

Hey everyone - here's my first test fit.

I think the cummerbund is a little too short. I'm a pretty big chested guy, though short at 5' 7'', it's difficult to get the pouches to stay high above the belt. I think with a taller cummerbund (maybe only an inch higher) it will give me a little more wiggle room. Also going to take in the suit, A LOT.

The SC armor is probably a little bit better suited for smaller chested guys, but Jeff's customer service has been incredible, so I am not regretting the decision to go Studio Creations for a second. My Altmanns helmet will be here this week as well!

Anything else you guys are seeing?

IMG_1647_zpszrewa9ev.jpg

IMG_1652_zps5yjxv32v.jpg

IMG_1651_zpsrqadvyis.jpg

IMG_1649_zpsljtyuwdl.jpg

Hi Mike...

I would suggest the bund isn't the issue, it's the pouch size. They do look very long.

They should be around 5 inches wide, by 6 inches high. Any larger than that, and they're going to look a bit long on your frame.

The bund itself should go up underneath the chest plate and tuck in behind that by about an inch (there should be no black gap between them),

The smaller pouches will then allow your belt to sit that little bit higher (the drop box height is good in relation to the belt, so don't change that too much, maybe attach the straps a bit further towards the centre back).

The bottom of the drop boxes should sit around the same distance above your crotch line as the top of the boxes are to the belt (around 1.5-2"), so your belt ideally needs to sit about 1.5-2" higher on your torso.

The pouches themselves are on the wrong sides (diagonals outwards), so they will need swapping over.

The cod section looks very narrow and in my mind would need to be much wider at the top, probably to the tune of about 3-4 wider. You should just be able to see it on either side of the buckles (but only just).

Flightsuit, flak vest sleeve bagginess you know about...

Hopefully that all makes some sense.

Rob.

• Like 3

Yeah I agree with all that. The cod is pulling down on the bund and that's causing some of the issue. Also the pouches have little to no attachment flap, whereas the ones from the film had about 2 inches. So it's going to be hard for you to get your bund under the armor at the top. It would help to make the codpiece separate from the bund that either attaches to your flight suit or to your vest.

Look at these pics for some guidance

In this one you can see that the pouch attachment tab is long enough so that the pouch hangs about 2 inches from the top of the bund. You can also see that the bund itself is not that long. Between 8 and 9 inches so that it fits the way Chef described above.

ROTJ_-_pouches_and_shoulder_bell.png

And this pic can give you an idea of size and positioning. 6x5x2 is what we shoot for

1452298_10207702667097483_191737634659064598_n.jpg

While you're on that pic, get a look at the codpiece. Not at all like the thong-like cod you were given. I'd forward these back to your soft goods maker and tell them to update their patterns.

My setup is like this:

14572387_10209551568438861_3188383889562359353_n.jpg

The cod is sewn to the bottom of the vest and then the 2 inch strap is attached to the back of the vest. I made the strap adjustable so it wouldn't be too tight and cause the dreaded C.T.

My pouch and bund set up is like this.

20171204_081434-1.jpg

• Like 1