Mr Pauls Shoretrooper Build

mr paul

Wow it looks fantastic! If you don’t mind! How did you get your 3D parts so smooth? I have patrol trooper armor I’m trying to smooth out hit it is really rough with thick lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dodger0729 said:

Wow it looks fantastic! If you don’t mind! How did you get your 3D parts so smooth? I have patrol trooper armor I’m trying to smooth out hit it is really rough with thick lines!

Hi and thanks. I print in the best quality I can so either 0.06 or 0.1 layer height. Then I sand using 80 grit then a medium foam sanding block down to a fine. I also use emery boards (nail files) I do not bother with any spray fillers instead I opt for cheap matt black paint and use that to fill a minor defects and car filler for any deeper/bigger gaps where parts were joined for example. Take the time to sand it back and as I said having a good quality print to start with is key.

Hi and thanks. I print in the best quality I can so either 0.06 or 0.1 layer height. Then I sand using 80 grit then a medium foam sanding block down to a fine. I also use emery boards (nail files) I do not bother with any spray fillers instead I opt for cheap matt black paint and use that to fill a minor defects and car filler for any deeper/bigger gaps where parts were joined for example. Take the time to sand it back and as I said having a good quality print to start with is key.

That’s awesome! I will definitely try it!! Thanks! And can’t wait to do a shoretrooper after!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Richard said:

Hi I have just found your build log and wow looks awesome any idea when the stl files will be available?

I would like to say end of the year however it may be a little longer. We have not set a deadline as the focus is on getting them right rather than rushed out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr paul said:

I would like to say end of the year however it may be a little longer. We have not set a deadline as the focus is on getting them right rather than rushed out.

Ok many thanks

Although a rough print for scaling I am very happy with the new cylinders. They look to be scaled perfectly. 

RyE6iKS.png

Sourcing some new fabric for the breeches. A sample arrived today and it is not too bad at all. Colour is very good. I have a bunch more on the way so will wait to see the rest of them before I hand it over to Steven Walker of Rebel Base Art. We are going to try and get these pants nailed.

0H5yDOd.png

• Like 1

My new Rogue One E-11 blaster from Praetorian Blasters arrived today.

It is everything I was hoping for. The attention to detail is there. The casting is profound and to top it all off it is cast in rubber as the stunt versions were for the Shoretroopers in Rogue One. Exactly what I wanted for my costume!

I cannot fault it. It is cast in black rubber and unpainted so it leaves room for a potential paint app when I eventually decide how I want this blaster to look. In the meantime I will live with it as I need to research the weathering on the screen used guns.

It comes with a rubber tactical light but I have already switched it out with the working tact light that I already owned.

I will let the pictures do the talking.

Jpp5oTv.jpg

sDgNcjC.jpg

SDVaWio.jpg

XPfFojj.jpg

nAYjAxT.jpg

9czDjnb.jpg

51moVMO.jpg

uQbIs0W.jpg

NZTzBpJ.jpg

• Like 1

As sharp as this looks we have a version 2 in the pipeline that will not only make it easier to print, finish and assemble it will also, I believe, make it screen accurate in the way it goes together. Thought I would throw some paint on it. V2 on the way. To be continued.

0ogmz1I.jpg

• Like 1

Version 2 of the rear cartridges. Thanks to our talented designer this time they have been slightly tweaked in shape and have been adapted so they are now separate from the main body. A lot more accurate I believe and assembly will be hassle free. I have had my prototypes printed in resin with help from Luke Daley over at JJ Industries. Really great work.

e9q8TS8.jpg

• Like 1

Boom! Happy with these. Easy to assemble. End caps I decided to get printed in resin so the sharpness was not lost and I think that was wise. The cylinders were printed in PLA and in white so when they are weathered and scratched the white is revealed as seen on the screen used cartridges.

ynfdds1.jpg

• Like 1

W.I.P picture courtesy of Steven Walker at Rebel Base Art. I have commissioned him to make me a more screen accurate pair of breeches and so far he is knocking it out the park. He has been very cooperative and patient with my requests and very open to upgrading the breeches for me. Love the look of them and cannot wait to get them in hand then break them down with some ageing/weathering.

FdFm8Ia.png

Update pic of commissioned pants from Steven Walker. Fantastic. Updates include sourced heavier fabric, coloured thread, bias tape, brace buttons, correct amount, size and positioned eyelets, reinforced eyelets, bar clasps and zipper.

m35oPn3.jpg

• Like 2

I was thinking about the braces yesterday and referred back to some images that surfaced in the groups a while ago.

There has only ever been a couple of images that show what appears to be light grey coloured straps over the shoulders of at least 2 displayed costumes. There was originally talk of these being something to do with the mannequin or they could also be braces that are integral to the armour itself maybe to hold the ab section up.

sSHhoUe.png

3cmjDdC.png

bCJfyWJ.png

v0JCrJR.png

tmsSPjU.png

Looking at he screen used trousers in the leaked picture it was always evident that 2 buttons were sewn into the back which one could assume are for the attachment of button braces. One could also assume that 2 more pairs of buttons would be sewn either side, inside the front to attach the other end of the braces.

Hmvbg5D.png

I have been working on a new pair of breeches recently (Steven Walker is currently making those up for me) and it occurred to me that the undershirt was of course a onesie style shirt/short combo. This would mean the trousers would have to pull up over the outside of them and any braces would have to be worn over the top of the shoulders and shirt.

uuIbogr.jpg

So I think these light grey straps seen peeping out in these pictures are the braces for the breeches. I have sourced some military braces that match what little detail is visible.

TfVx1G9.jpg

• Like 1