Mr Pauls Shoretrooper Build

mr paul

3 hours ago, mr paul said:

The boxes have been removed for painting so while they are absent I am breaking down the webbing. Give it a little head start before the boxes are screwed back on for more weathering.

mlGnRdI.jpg

Hey Paul

I picked up the Movie Paint brand aging sprays in black, brown and gray.   Fortunately, I live in the middle of the movie studios here in L.A. so there are plenty of prop stores selling them.  They seem to work really well and are probably as close as we are going to get to Dirty Down here in the US.  Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1

Lewis White over on the Mudtrooper page was commenting on the colours they use on the Mudtrooper costumes and he said one of the "go to" colours the props team use a lot of across the SW films is pebble white.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is likely that was used for the bands on the left shoulder bells of the Shoretrooper.

Why not.

mspYEfB.jpg

Here is a quick pass over the left arm using the same techniques I recently applied to the hand guards. It certainly has a more loose and patchy appearance to it. No fussing with the weathering at all.

800laM0.jpg

On 2/28/2019 at 3:12 PM, mr paul said:

The next step for these (pardon the pun) will be the belt sander and breaking them down, trying to match the look of the screen used greaves.

Amazing how sharp these look! Excellent!

• Like 1

Trying to replicate the right style of weathering and the same mark making over my kit as the screen used. I am kind of happy with it. 

I have allowed for some natural wear and tear to take place through use so I have not overdone what marks there are.

ny57Itu.jpg

RcQxIg3.jpg

Here a a white end cap is revealed via some paint damage to the edge.

aAjC5TK.jpg

bYUu714.jpg

AhwZmhQ.jpg

This image shows the screen used torso on the right and mine on the left. The same type of marks are apparent on both and it tells the same story. Very happy with the results so far.

SYTdf57.png

• Like 2

Very pleased with these. They have that beaten up post production look I was going for. The weathering, colour and mark making is consistent with what I have seen in reference and all in all make for a convincing pair of shins.

6WWieF5.jpg

• Like 5

The chest plate is painted and the shoulder straps mocked up. Still waiting on some other parts to be fabricated before I can assemble and take a good look at it.

I have tacked in the foam for the chest and back. This time around I am using 6mm high density neoprene as I am finding it difficult to locate Plastazote dense enough to match the screen used. Plastazote was confirmed way back by Mr Dillon but I can live with neoprene as long as it looks the part. That is what is important.

lZHpZaD.jpg

• Like 1

Looking great Paul!

I know you mentioned you have doubts about the colour of the original Orca Bay Boots, but wow! yours look great with those weathered shins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am still awaiting parts for the chest to be completed so we can see how well it all holds up against screen ref. 

The armour is going to go through a series of small revisions/tweaks starting with the shoulder bells. They have been already reprinted and painted. Minor change of an angle and some detailing inside.

Colours used on the bells are. Ford Rio Brown, Montana Gold Sahara Beige, Halfords Matt Black and Montana Gold Pebble White.

Also looking forward to seeing some new work from Sheev’s Emporium at a later date. The No.1 tailor for Shoretrooper undershirts/neck seals. The soft parts are as important as the armour so very excited about that.

uRo9fGj.jpg

1ZOlGp3.jpg

• Like 1

With the armour under revision the soft parts also have not escaped.

Recently I commissioned my breeches to be updated and made more inline with what the screen used look like.

The under shirt is another matter altogether. Sheev's Emporium has got involved again to do what he does especially well. 

Here are a couple of recent update pics from Sheev.

kLoT7ll.png

4O4aU8R.png

• Like 2

Rear shot. Still modelling the unrevised parts however this shows with the closed biceps, open forearms and wide spine plate variations.FaxsqQM.jpg

nN664SN.png

dPpTlcM.png

nempHx0.png

yIa6Diw.png

You rarely see a fully closed bicep on the Shoretrooper or the Stormtrooper for that matter. We have decided on a fully closed version and an expanded variation. 

The closed version still expands and can be stretched wider but because of the nature of the materials used for printing it's rigidity makes it want to spring back and clamp around the arm. Which is not a problem. So to capture the stretched appearance of the more flexible Rogue One armour (and to avoid having to heat the material to widen it) a variant will be available.

Left: Open. Right: Closed.

UjUeFso.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tarok said:

Wow... just... wow!! Mate, your attention to detail is phenomenal. I know... I’ve said it before emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your comments Rudi. Always appreciated. It is a team effort and I am very lucky to be working with such talented folks.

• Like 1