Mr Pauls Shoretrooper Build

mr paul

Here I have tried to recreate that silver flash from behind the spine plate that is seen on one of the displayed armours from SWCE.

I have assembled the torso, spine plate and added the webbed belt with the revised aluminium slider. The top corner of which can be seen catching the light in the same position as the screen used.

sSYEITp.png

• Like 1

Starting to mock up the belt cover, TD + mount, vertical can and wide spine plate. All the hardware is installed. Still need to add the belt box. The white end caps are to mimic the ones seen on the SWCE displays.

k6q1cAY.jpg

• Like 2

It has been confirmed over on my Mudtrooper page that the yellow used for the pips on the right, red bicep of the Mudtrooper was Montana Gold Series Cab Yellow.

There is a good chance that this is the colour used for the Shoretrooper also. If I recall correctly I don't believe the yellow was ever confirmed for the Shoretrooper.

ymt5GV6.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you to Chris Bostock for doing some behind the scenes digging around. We now know the adhesive they used on parts of the costumes on set for Solo.

A black adhesive was used on the Shoretrooper costumes too and some of it can be seen here in this botched up belt box.

I will be using this from now on to assemble parts of my kit. Really cool to have the right adhesive.

r0WZxdO.png35C1Sy8.png

going for the next level of screen accuracy using the same adhesive!

this build continues to be epic...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, andylah said:

going for the next level of screen accuracy using the same adhesive!

this build continues to be epic...

Thank you! Coincidentally I was chatting the other day about how the rigging was attached inside the torso as I am approaching that particular area of my build. Turns out it was glued in place by a black adhesive. Low and behold the glue has now been identified so I may as well go that route.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 11:12 AM, mr paul said:

It has been confirmed over on my Mudtrooper page that the yellow used for the pips on the right, red bicep of the Mudtrooper was Montana Gold Series Cab Yellow.

There is a good chance that this is the colour used for the Shoretrooper also. If I recall correctly I don't believe the yellow was ever confirmed for the Shoretrooper.

Nice info! Can you tell some more about the source?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScaryGuy said:

Nice info! Can you tell some more about the source?

Yes it was Lewis White. We have been discussing the colours of the Mudtrooper and MT medic on FB. He was referring to the colours of the biceps. Lewis never worked on Rogue One however he did say that they used a lot of leftover paint from R1 and he stated "The yellow we usually use is yellow cab". 

The biceps are supposed to be the same colour in universe so it is not too much of a leap to believe this could be the same yellow used on the Shoretroopers. He built and painted a lot of the Mudtooper costumes for Solo as well as appearing in the film. He is being a huge help and a generous source of intel over in my Mudtrooper Builder page On FB. A really cool dude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Esme got her sewing machine out today and got the rigging for the torso sorted for me. I can now hang it on the mannequin and get a proper look at it. The wide spine plate is fitted and its holding up the belt cover with all it's accessories.

H7SFNVn.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tarok said:

Fantastic seeing it all come together. emoji4.png

So when’s the big webbing/suspension reveal then? emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon. Going to make a new belt first as my old one has been updated over and over. Need to a fresh start on it and finally will be screen accurate.

• Like 1

Very nice, Paul. And great needlework, Esme! Go Team Prentice!

Regarding the belt, are both ends closed via Velcro loop or is the one end sewn closed?

I think this may also be the first time you’re showing the new slider with its snaps. Looks like you pop riveted the female snaps to the plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lol thank you Rudi I shall pass on your compliments to Esme :)

Both ends of the belt are the same and are closed with velcro.

I have riveted them to the slider for now as this is all I have to hand that will sufficiently hold them in place. It's secure and functional.

• Like 1

Had a little dress up. Needed to see the bottom half and mid section silhouette. First time I have had my new breeches with the new torso and also my armoured skirt fitted as well. I really like how shapely it is and not at all clunky.

Tk9qsSL.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Working on a tester piece before I commit to the final paint app. 

Previously I have never managed to achieve the right appearance when it came to the weathering and that is because I knew I was not using the right method or products however I did have a hunch as to what was used on the screen used armour.

I think I am pretty much there now albeit one more ingredient is making it's way to me in the post. The key will be applying it in the same spirit of factory line fast and not getting bogged down and too fussy with it.

The shin and forearm images are taken from the displayed armour at SWCE 2016.

DscaRXm.png

WHW74Sv.png

• Like 1