Mr Pauls Shoretrooper Build

mr paul

Fabric hand made from Lance at Rogue Repro on FB. Can't get better than what he is doing with the romper suit. Looking forward to getting my hands on the finished garment.

zDIjEuB.jpg

Chest plate ready for further assembly and paint.

2Reu4xJ.jpg

Shoulder bells broken down in accordance with the screen used. Had great fun doing these. 

rROBfbD.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update on where my Squad Leader is at. Waiting on the kama to be made. I have sourced some more appropriate fabric and webbing.

SFySrBR.jpg

This is a recent helmet that was made on commission for a client. Based not he Sandeep Mohan Shoretrooper helmet using the Nico henderson 3D files. Printed, prepped, assembled and painted by myself.

LD6PEg9.jpg

cSzmVtp.jpg

aufEK4i.jpg

6DNOI1W.jpg

Also super exciting is that I have been assisting Lance over at Rogue Repro on FB. We are now happy we have found the correct fabric for the mesh armpits on the ST romper under suit.

t4VBXRL.png

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I commissioned Lance Culpepper to make me a Kama. We have paid particular attention to the type of fabric and the thread. Note the puckered seams which is characteristic of the Squad Leader Kama. 

83gDdxk.jpg

tXkkZs7.jpg

l7Tpn4c.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The Orca Bay Brecon Chelsea boot in sand. This color was confirmed by Ardmoor as the shoe that was suppiled to the Rogue One costume dept.ESUzB3n.png

I always doubted the sand coloured boot because of how light it is out of the box. Up until now I have used the Havana boot. A misinformed choice I made 4 years ago. That particular boot has to be ruled out as the leather is textured and there is no evidence of that in reference. 

The boot always takes on a darker appearance accross all reference imagery excect in this one where the boot does indeed look lighter and more in line with the sand colour.

Because of this image I have bitten the bullet and bought a pair of the sand. I was thinking on the elk coloured boot but decided against it due to Ardmoors confirmation and I wanted to experiment to see if a good break down would knock the sand colour back.

zAR3jLo.png

Thank you Katherine Partis. You can order boots from her here. 10% discount with free postage https://katherinepartis.com/CXjfDa4.jpg

Here are the sand coloured boots before and after break down. The weathered boots are shown with and without a flash. Screen reference along the bottom. 

I am happy that the sand is correct. The colour match is spot on.

2qsMIGJ.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is my finished "stunt" helmet. Referred to as such mainly because of how beaten up it looks. Forehead plate is bent out of shape and paint is damaged, repaired and damaged again. Lot's of layers of break down to give it some history and hopefully create an authentic screen used and abused finish. Paying close attention to the marks found on the real helmets. My favourite lid so far.

3D files courtesy of Nico Henderson Desert Fare Cosplay

3I6BV6k.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I tried to have a dress up today but this is as far as my little boy would allow me before I had to take it off again. First time in the Squad Leader. First time in the Rogue Repro gear. I will let the pictures do the talking. Love it.

Armour- MPSB.
Under suit and Kama- Lance Culpepper.
Helmet- Anovos.

n1FII3f.jpg

eKlEcqz.jpg

aAEbvOb.jpg

toAdSjl.jpg

ttZungE.jpg

sE4lsQX.jpg

jNK7iEx.jpg

zCNJHro.jpg

vFEJOCJ.jpg

8x61vWz.jpg

LpcshKf.jpg

vX9xHBl.jpg

• Like 2

Everything looks fantastic. That two year wait for your bucket was worth it. This is another ST build I’m bookmarking for future reference when I get the itch to build a ST.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/30/2018 at 8:10 AM, mr paul said:

I will do a full reveal when we have finished the abdominal armour. The spine plate is attached to the belt cover separate to the TD mount.

Hey Paul, 

I can't seem to locate the "full reveal" of how you attached the spine plate to the TD mount here in your build thread.  It looks like it's secured with Chicago screws, but I would like to verify before I begin drilling into my hard belt cover.  Any help appreciated!!!  Thanks!

EDIT: Members over at Shoretrooper Fam clued me in.  Disregard the question, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Here is my current Squad Leader. Photographed by my son Phoenix.

Armour: MPSB 3D printed.

Armour detailing: MPSB moulded accessories.

Helmet: Anovos. Modified and custom painted by myself.

Belt and internal rigging kit: MPSB.

Romper suit and neck seal: Lance Culpepper/Rogue Repro.

Kama: Private commission by Lance Culpepper.

Jodhpurs: Steven Walker. Private commission. Modified.

Boots: Orca Bay. Katherine Partis.

Rogue One E-11 blaster: Praetorian Blasters.

Assembled and painted by myself.

Researched and recreated by the MPSB team. 

RDJyxWO.jpg

UdPy7GJ.jpg

EhFBsu7.jpg

fFeQwDP.jpg

Qszn1sX.jpg

C1OAK2H.jpg

pBXGFX2.jpg

• Like 3

Stunning job Paul! I’ve been following this for a while and itching to see everything finished. Your paint job is fantastic. Just awesome.

And using the tarp that you spray painted your build on for a backdrop was a cool touch to your photos. Loved seeing the outlines of your armor pieces on there.

Well done trooper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Here is my current Shoretrooper grunt.
Photographed by my son Phoenix.

Armour: MPSB 3D printed.

Armour detailing: MPSB moulded accessories.

Helmet: Anovos. Modified and custom painted by myself.

Belt and internal rigging kit: MPSB.

Romper suit and neck seal: Lance Culpepper/Rogue Repro.

Armoured skirt: MPSB.

Jodhpurs: Steven Walker. Private commission. Modified.

Boots: Orca Bay. Katherine Partis.

Rogue One E-11 blaster: Praetorian Blasters.

Assembled and painted by myself.

BYMLK2m.jpg

vVMghzB.jpg

MLxIqA3.jpg

BpHdcpr.jpg

fbdVFyQ.jpg

lMwv7Hs.jpg
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 4:43 PM, mr paul said:

Revised and painted biceps with the the squares lowered slightly. Open on the left, closed on the right. The second image show the screen used bicep next to ours. Give or take camera angle, distance , lighting etc.ij1qIuC.jpg

ZSiNyUV.png

What are the dimensions for the size and the placement of these squares?

On 1/3/2021 at 6:34 PM, TKZombie said:

What are the dimensions for the size and the placement of these squares?

@TKZombie have a look on Mr Paul's Facebook page as he gives sizing / placement for this paint

• Like 1