don p. = art concept .. 1st weathering, battle worn

762s

okay, so ... since i have several scout helmets and not really liking the don p. anymore do to having a lineage helmet now ... i decided to do the don p. up with a vision of a concept art picture i saw around.

i reworked the don p. and decided since i wouldnt wear it .. to seal the lid. this helped with the constant expanding this soft vinyl plastic wants to do ... and besides that after having an abs helmet in hand and seeing how light they are and with adding bondo, epoxy and apoxie sculpt to the helmet, this don p. weighs a ton compared to the abs .. lol

well, i never weathered with the main method mentioned around here(screen accurate) and i decided to give that a try on this don p. .. dont be shy let me know what you all think!

so, here is the concept art i am refering too ... and the hand painted don p. battle worn of mine

M1lSvF2.jpg

d8dPDbv.jpg

4LWGoLI.jpg

2r85cbT.jpg

Yjuk1jU.jpg

HyuVJji.jpg

5W5U3eB.jpg

3oizVcg.jpg

6wnDT7u.jpg

qq1G6FG.jpg

• Like 2

thanks!

this was a fun project and good learning experience for weathering.

i did a little more weathering on the right snout .. i like it better now than the full grey streaks

v4lTTPq.jpg

dxUEhC1.jpg

• Like 1

I think it is a beauty.

I don't know if it is already sealed, but i'd suggest a nonpermanent way of sealing it, maybe even just velcro to keep it shut. Who knows what the future brings.

• Like 1

thanks for the new comments!

I think it is a beauty.

I don't know if it is already sealed, but i'd suggest a nonpermanent way of sealing it, maybe even just velcro to keep it shut. Who knows what the future brings.

yes, its sealed .. but, i used a ca glue w/insta set ... my experience with this glue has been pretty good and it will not break the vinyl if i decide to undo it .. worse case is that i would have sand the chin strap area of the helmet down and repaint that strip, not really a big deal.

and the future well, like i have said in my wip .. reading the requirements requires the removal of the don post stamp .. im not going to do that. besides, i have built 2 rs kits and i have an altmann helmet on the way ..

no need to ever use this don p. ;)