Help! Shoulder bell has buckled!

You might be in a pickle here :/

I have never tried to fix something this big. Butt guess it's possible to fix, but it would probably be easier to just buy a new shoulder bell from vendor.

MAYBE, you could fill the normal shoulder bell you've got with sculpting paste, and put the deformed bell on top of that sculpt while heating it up. It's the only solution I can think of. But hey, there are more creative souls on this forum than me :P

Good luck buddy :)

• Like 2

You might be in a pickle here :/

I have never tried to fix something this big. Butt guess it's possible to fix, but it would probably be easier to just buy a new shoulder bell from vendor.

MAYBE, you could fill the normal shoulder bell you've got with sculpting paste, and put the deformed bell on top of that sculpt while heating it up. It's the only solution I can think of. But hey, there are more creative souls on this forum than me :P

Good luck buddy :)

Yeah I’m thinking of creating a mould piece from the good bell and see what I can do, but I do not have the technology to do so at my place so I’ll chat with the local boys and see what I can do

Now this is just a suggestion, do not attempt this without consulting veterans:

How about clearing the inside of the good shoulder bell, heating the wrecked one up again as before (but less hot, only enough to bend the twisted part) and then pressing it into the good bell's inside?

Again, i'm no expert. don't use this without confirming this will not result in catastrophic events.

• Like 1

Yeah man, this sorta stuff has happened to the best of us.

That's a tough warp to fix. Even if you can get it somewhat back into shape, the surface won't ever be perfectly smooth again.

I agree with kosejonas in that you may need to just order another shoulder bell. :(

• Like 2

I melted a set of thermal detonator end caps in the oven trying to heat them up to dimple and just forgot about them.

Sorry man, but this made me laugh. Can still happen to the best of us, and I'm dreading the future mistakes I'll be making

if you make a mold of the good bell and use the mold to reshape the warped one....then youll need to bondo the bad one to make it smooth again.

that will be making the bell heavier and then youll have to paint it and possibly other parts to match.

consider it a bust .... learning experience ... save you time and money and buy another from the vendor like others have said

AJay, send me your shipping address via email or PM here on BSN. I have a spare shoulder Bell I can send you for free.

-Jeff

Studiocreations.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said this before! I don't know anyone who gives as good service as Jeff :) #GoodFellowBiker :)

• Like 1

AJay, send me your shipping address via email or PM here on BSN. I have a spare shoulder Bell I can send you for free.

-Jeff

Studiocreations.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Jeff! Have pm’d you

My name for the shipping too is Andrew Irish

Thank you Jeff, SC are pretty Awesome.

Andrew remember try the Hot water again. Hold it with some togs don't let it touch the seal on the bottom of the pot.

Just dip it in. Use the Tea towel to hold and mould once out. Tony should be able to help you.

Talk to ya soon.