Some questions regarding dremels etc.

Hilikus

First and foremost, I wasn't quite sure where to put this thread. If it should be put somewhere else, please move it to a more appropriate place :)

Well, regarding the dremel. Are there any dremels that I should stay away from at all cost? The dremel is an entirely new tool for me, so better to ask these questions to you, rather than buy an expensive mistake. I'm looking at dremels, and I find a 3000, a 4000, a 8100 and so on. I understand that some are more powerful than others, higher or lower rpm, that's just to look at the specifications.

Ultimately what I'm wondering is what to go for. Wich dremels do you have? Have anyone of you tried different ones, and found some to be wonderful, and others to be a waste of money? Also, how essential a tool is it to have? Do you need it, or can you make do with a drill and a xacto blade? This might be some silly questions, but what do I know. I've got to learn somehow :)

If a dremel to 75-100$ is more than enough for the modifications needed for working on the armor, I'd rather not spend 250$. This is also one of the few tools my dad doesn't have, so borrowing one isn't an option.

A question for my norwegian fellows - wich glue have you used for assembling your helmet kits? Did you manage to get your hands on e6000, and in that case, where did you get it? I can only seem to find small 5ml tubes, and that seems to be a bit on the short side . Guessing I'll be needing more than 5ml.

As always, any and all feedback are really apprechiated.

I couldn't seem to find any better places to put this thread. By all means, move it to a more suitable place if I should have put it somewhere else.

dremel is the way to go, I have worn out many but have been at it since 1983 so I would recommend it for price and value

good luck :)

Thanks Spike :) What dremel do you use now, as in make and model, if you don't mind me asking?

ok, just checked and I use 2, the "200" is what does most of the work, I have another, "3000" this does special stuff and is a stand by if my main 1 breaks down

the 200 is what I've used alot over the years

ok, just checked and I use 2, the "200" is what does most of the work, I have another, "3000" this does special stuff and is a stand by if my main 1 breaks down

the 200 is what I've used alot over the years

What I seem to find in my nearby area, and what I can pick up in the city where I live, are as follows

Dremel 3000

Dremel 4000

Dremel 8100

Dremel fortiflex 9100-21

dremel micro 7,2 V.

Maybe I can find the 200 online, but wondering wich one of the listed dremels are worth it/overkill to pick up.

Before I built my scout 2-3 yrs ago, I had only touched a Dremel once. It's a fantastic tool and Now i couldn't imagine trying to build the costume without one. It makes sanding and cutting so much easier. Particularly for tight spaces, like the notches in the belt where the belt box straps poke through.

• Like 2

I have the Dremel 200. It works fine for our purposes

Thank you Todd, Alan and Mickey for your input. Might be that I'm just useless googling, but I'm not having much luck in finding other similar tools than dremel. Is it the name of the tool, or is it the make we are referring to when we call it dremel? I haven't really gotten an understanding about that lol. Anyway, I'll get the Dremel 3000 cheap enough at a store nearby, so that's well and good.

Exciting times ahead :)

• Like 1

Dremel has become the generic term for a rotary tool. Kind of like Kleenex for tissue.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

about E6000, there are bigger tubes 59ml (2 ounces) for sale at Amazon.uk and Amazon.de

They ship all over Europe, i think Norway is no exception, but you will have to see for added shipping costs in there. (shipping to me -Netherlands- adds 1$). It's alot cheaper than buying the tiny 6ml tubes.

p.s. the two different amazone have different kinds of stock, but the deutsche one is all in german language.

they also have dremel 200 / 3000 and rivet guns.

about E6000, there are bigger tubes 59ml (2 ounces) for sale at Amazon.uk and Amazon.de They ship all over Europe, i think Norway is no exception, but you will have to see for added shipping costs in there. (shipping to me -Netherlands- adds 1$). It's alot cheaper than buying the tiny 6ml tubes. p.s. the two different amazone have different kinds of stock, but the deutsche one is all in german language. they also have dremel 200 / 3000 and rivet guns.

Thanks, I had only checked amazon.uk, not the .de site. Ordered the glue from there, although the shipping to norway is horrendous. I'll just buy the Dremel 3000 at my local store, and be done with it. As for the glue, the shipping cost was actually higher than the cost of the glue. That's pretty much the choices I have, as quite a bit of products do not ship to Norway. Annoying, but there it is. Anyway, thanks for the tip!

As for rivet gun, hot air gun etc, I can get most of it in a store not 5 minutes from where I live, quite cheap. Also, I can borrow quite a bit from my old man, so that should be fine.

Regarding the dremel, It's far too expensive to order online because of the shipping, it's quite rediculous actually. The dremel 200 end up costing me quite a bit more than if I buy the dremel 3000 locally, so the 3000 is what I'll go for. Thank you guys, for the suggestions anyway!

• Like 1