Amp Placement

I tried putting my amp in one of my pouches, but the weight kept making them sag. I tried putting it in the chest, but it was actually pushing the chest out and that bothered me. So I thought about it and came up with this. I made a loop with leftover nylon webbing, put it inside the drop box and it fits perfect! It doesn't pull the belt down at all or push the box out ( I ran around to test it) and it gives good sound quality too even though it's at my waste. Anyway just wanted to share in case anyone else was looking for a good place to put an amp. 0e3b68028661faa23100c60cbb8cb7a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Interesting... how do you run the wire to your headset?

I put the headset on and the wire goes underneath the mandarin collar, comes out the small opening on the upper chest where it buttons, under the flak vest, under the bund, under the belt then under the box and plugs in. Then when I put my balaclava on that covers whatever is left.

Tempting to try but aftwr a few years and 70+ troops, my belt doeant always hold up. I need a Velcro overhaul in fact. We had to cut the fanfilm a few times because my belt fell off while running.

I cut a hole in my back armor and hide mine in my backhump. Adds more acoustics but not always easy for people in front of me to hear because I'm talking out my back so to speak. Before the belt on my amp broke, I'd strap it to my upper torso and hide it behind my chest armor. My original amp fit in my pouches and didn't weight it down as bad as my new one does.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Tempting to try but aftwr a few years and 70+ troops, my belt doeant always hold up. I need a Velcro overhaul in fact. We had to cut the fanfilm a few times because my belt fell off while running.

I cut a hole in my back armor and hide mine in my backhump. Adds more acoustics but not always easy for people in front of me to hear because I'm talking out my back so to speak. Before the belt on my amp broke, I'd strap it to my upper torso and hide it behind my chest armor. My original amp fit in my pouches and didn't weight it down as bad as my new one does.

I had actually thought about putting it in the back hump as well, but ultimately decided not to because I was afraid people wouldn't be able to tell I was talking to them.

I had actually thought about putting it in the back hump as well, but ultimately decided not to because I was afraid people wouldn't be able to tell I was talking to them.

That's the problem I run into all the time. I have a clunky amp and I'd love a better mic and amp eventually. My mic tends to twist around also and doesnt pick up my voice. When I do scout pool at cons it stays in place under the deadpool mask.

I took my amp apart and it separates into 2 sides kinda. Basically the battery, board and speaker. I was able to put it at the bottom of the chest on either side of the chest piece if you can picture what I'm saying. I just wanted to see if it would work. You could try that. My problem was the feedback.