Question

Lucas1138

Hiya, welcome to BSN. I think the key phrase to focus on in the CRL is "lightly weathered".

https://databank.501...B_Scout_trooper

There's some good examples here: http://forum.bikersc...l=&fromsearch=1

and an example of weathering technique, here:

• Like 1

i dont think weathering is a requirement.

but it is accepteable as the first link that chopper posted shows you can have

• Gloss white, semi-gloss, or lightly weathered.

i have been thinking about this, and i think i will let mine naturally weather .. keep it white and see how it goes

if over time i want to look battleworn .. then i may go roll around in the mud and hug some trees :)

Don't get me started on weathering. I can go on for days on my love of natural weathering. But to answer your question it is. Go easy if you paint it on. I went natural. Trooping hard helps. I've hugged several trees and even climbed a few in costume and this has scratched up my armor and over time dirt and even sweat has filled those scratches making it look like its been through the forest. Lots of scouts add carbon scoring on their armor making more battle damage look.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

If you want to look like they look standing on the Death Star then don't weather it.

If you want to look like you've been stationed on Endor then I highly recommend going for the screen accurate weathering look. It's as simple as doing a light coat from far away with black spray paint, then going in close and doing black spots in random places on the armor. Add some scratches in the paint with steel wool or sand paper or your finger nail, anything can work and boom you will look like you stepped of set in the red wood forest. Here's a couple photos of my weathering.

97698862ffd0fff96a99908b45033b11.jpg2862b113df3955da674b5fd181ab912b.jpga242d81df35c2623d344bf78e993bdbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There are weathered and non-weathered Scouts in ROTJ so both are allowed. My advice is that a little goes a long way. I've seen scouts that look like Oreo cookies mashed up in someone's teeth and that is way too much

• Like 1

There are weathered and non-weathered Scouts in ROTJ so both are allowed. My advice is that a little goes a long way. I've seen scouts that look like Oreo cookies mashed up in someone's teeth and that is way too much

😂😂 perfect analogy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1